GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that address and I don't want the family email address. It needs to be anonymous.

@Subie please can you put the detectives email up on here TIA?

I don't have their emails on me / business card, been communicating via phone

I usually just call 770-724-7600 ext 4
Can ask for Detective Stahl, Gibbs or Winston

Their phone no's are very confusing we had to call 3 or 4 times to get the preferred no just to put on the flyers

I don't have their emails on me / business card, been communicating via phone

I usually just call 770-724-7600 ext 4
Can ask for Detective Stahl, Gibbs or Winston

Their phone no's are very confusing we had to call 3 or 4 times to get the preferred no just to put on the flyers
I don't want to call I need to email a link anonymously.

The usual place for anonymous tips is to crimestoppers. It's been discussed upthread to get crimestoppers involved, but :confused: she is not listed.

http://www.crimestoppersatlanta.org/unsolved-crimes?crime=Other is the listing of missing persons in metro Atlanta.

http://www.crimestoppersgno.org/contact-us is link for contact, and perhaps :dunno: they will relay info to police even if not a case on their site?

It was only uploaded 6th Sept? Unless im wrong?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
I imagine they re-upload the same ads frequently to stay relevant. Like Craigslist.

I would use the email for Crimestoppers that is anonymous and put in the three detectives names from Subie. That way they are more likely to get the details directly to them.

What is the Nextdoor "neighborhood" where this case is being discussed?

What is the Nextdoor "neighborhood" where this case is being discussed?
I came across it today and it seems to be like a neighbourhood watch set up by LE but I couldn't get past the title page due to "security settings". Probably because I am overseas. MOO

NextDoor is big in Atlanta and used for different neighborhoods to communicate. Police often post there too but it's not run by them. For example, the NextDoor group for my neighborhood posts about things from lost dog...crime...things ppl are selling. Only ppl with their address registered for each specific sub area can read and post for that area...

I came across it today and it seems to be like a neighbourhood watch set up by LE but I couldn't get past the title page due to "security settings". Probably because I am overseas. MOO

Nextdoor is a Facebook like app but it's based on the neighborhood you live in. YOu can see posts made by people in your neighborhood or in those close by. You have to be invited/confirmed that you live in the neighborhood. Law enforcement/public works sometimes uses it but often people are just selling items, posting yard sales, and letting neighbors know when someones coming door to door or when a dog is found/lost.

I'd guess the neighborhood where it's being discussed is North Druid Hills

Very early on in the case, an investigator had mistakenly identified Jenna on back page based off her driver's licence photo and had let us know they were picking said girl up and wasn't until the next day that we were told it was the wrong person

I don't have any more info guys, LE says they are working this case very hard and there are many things that they cannot tell us right now

Right now there just appears to be a gap from around 11:30 pm (Friday) - around 1:30 am (Saturday ) and then the rest of the night

I suspect right now that both her phones went on power saving mode (meaning all syncing and tracking stops to conserve battery but can still text / call). Her Android on metro line appears to go into power saving mode around 11:30 pm, where as her iPhone on Tmobile around 1:30 am as all tracking info seems to stop then. This could be why her Google Timeline stops tracking at 11:30 pm on her Metro PCs phone. On her iPhone, it appears she had iCloud tracking off as well as Google Time Line not enabled from the get go

Right now what we are trying to figure out is that if she was driving my Moms car that friday night,
when did she come back to the house?.
Was she with someone when she did or not?
Was someone else driving her car that night? Or was it at my parents house all day?
When did she leave the house again with her car and was it on her own or with someone?

Again our PI and the police have interviews all the contacts on her phone logs / friends including our original POI and everyone is cooperating and doesn't appear to have any new info. They are worried that she may have been using additional texting apps to contact people that we are not aware of.

I imagine they re-upload the same ads frequently to stay relevant. Like Craigslist.
Thanks Subie.

Some new info that the girl in the ad was found and thought to be J but then investigator discovered it wasn't her. (I am wondering why the ad is still being put up? )

Subie is also sharing that LE are worried there could be contacts via texting apps that they are unaware of at the moment.

If anyone wishes to contact the Dekalb County PD with any information in relation to Jenna, the number to call is 770-724-7475 and say it's about Jenna Van Gelderen. You will be immediately connected to the relevant person.

They will also provide a direct email address.

Did I miss it in the last thread or did we ever get a more complete description on what part of the missing car is used/in bad shape? I remember something about a front crossbar being gone and a couple dents. I think the dents are labeled, but where is this crossbar in a mazda? there's too many pages of posts to scroll back through now... it would really help looking through car ads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member