GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time watcher and now I'm finally a member and I've been following Jenna's case from the start. There is something that I need to put out there that may be totally way off the mark but I need to mention it.
Before I do though I need to also say that I'm posting from the UK where as a retired Detective and Senior Investigating Officer, the way in which we do things from LE perspective, differs tremendously from the way they appear to be done in the USA.
So here goes... the family were told initially that Jenna had been found and then this was reversed. What if Jenna was arrested and in custody of LE and started trading information, information that because of her vulnerability, she didn't realise how the consequences of it would be 'far reaching' and subsequently she had to be taken into Witness protection??? As I said I'm probably way off but it's something I cannot get out of my head with LE reluctance to divulge what's happening etc
It doesn't explain the 'Tapestry' but maybe just maybe ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome..Interesting view...

Long time watcher and now I'm finally a member and I've been following Jenna's case from the start. There is something that I need to put out there that may be totally way off the mark but I need to mention it.
Before I do though I need to also say that I'm posting from the UK where as a retired Detective and Senior Investigating Officer, the way in which we do things from LE perspective, differs tremendously from the way they appear to be done in the USA.
So here goes... the family were told initially that Jenna had been found and then this was reversed. What if Jenna was arrested and in custody of LE and started trading information, information that because of her vulnerability, she didn't realize how the consequences of it would be 'far-reaching' and subsequently she had to be taken into Witness protection??? As I said I'm probably way off but it's something I cannot get out of my head with LE reluctance to divulge what's happening etc
It doesn't explain the 'Tapestry' but maybe just maybe ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is an interesting view. To me, I don't know if it'd be worth it. She'd have to have a ton of info about something very important. She'd have to be a major player in a major enterprise. Were she that person, she wouldn't have been working in a relatively low-wage job in the last year.

Androids wouldn't be able to use Apple apps, but Androids would use Google Play Store. If they can get into her email address (presumably gmail??) then they would have the password to her Google Play account and be able to see what apps she downloaded from there.

That does bring up another point though. On an Android, you don't HAVE to download from the Google Play Store, and apps you download from other app stores would not be stored in your Google Play Account. For example, I have several Amazon apps downloaded on my phone and they came from the Amazon app store. Those apps reside in my Amazon account, not my Google account. In addition, my phone is a Samsung, and Samsung has apps that you can download directly from Samsung, which again, do not reside in my Google account.

Amazon has a large number of apps in their app store, some very similar to the Google Play store. Might be worth trying to figure out if she had an Amazon account and may have downloaded apps there. I don't know what other companies have app stores that Androids can use, but it's possible she could have downloaded from elsewhere.

Getting into her google account would then give you access right? My SIL lost a [emoji90]load of pix, but we were able to recover them via her google account on her desktop. I think the account does not need to be synced bc it's in a ☁️. BTW, I would love to go back to floppy disks. This ☁️ thing is odd.

To hack it, if no password, I would reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi subie....sorry, confused... It was previously said that iTunes was checked for the downloaded texting apps but if these were downloaded on her second phone (not an iPhone) - how could iTunes reflect ? Can androids hook up to iTunes too?

Sorry yes let me clarify. Her iPhone just had Google Hangouts / Google voice on it (found via itunes store ) and her Android had the rest of the texting apps. Her android phone is the one it seems she mostly used for contacting some of these shady people

For everyone speculating on how she was making money to pay bills, isn't it possible that she just simply had money in the bank? We know she was employed up until February at the pet store, and presumably had other jobs prior to that in her adult life. She was living at home with her parents until May or so. If she was working, even a minimum wage job, and living at home, her expenses would have been almost nothing. I am assuming she did not pay rent at her parents' house. We know she is on a family cell phone plan. Outside of the things that she did for fun with her friends, she probably did not pay any bills (except maybe the metro pcs phone depending on when that account was activated). Even with minimal income, if you were employed for any length of time and had no bills to pay, you could pretty easily have enough money in the bank to live for several months without any income...especially if your parents are still helping with some of your bills.
All this will be known because her mother was named on her bank account as per Subie.

Thank you for clarifying! that makes sense. I wonder if there is any way you can get the texting records from said apps....

Sorry yes let me clarify. Her iPhone just had Google Hangouts / Google voice on it (found via itunes store ) and her Android had the rest of the texting apps. Her android phone is the one it seems she mostly used for contacting some of these shady people
Could you clarify "shady people" ? Are these people whom you have not tracked down yet? How many shady people are we talking about? A couple,half a dozen, lots? I thought you said recently that everyone was cooperating?

All this will be known because her mother was named on her bank account as per Subie.

If she had more than one phone, why would you assume she only had one bank account? It seems odd to me she would go through so much trouble (paying a bill she doesn't have to) to hide her activities but keeping her moms name on the bank account.

Subie how sure are you there is only one bank account? I'd be willing to wager that there is a second... Or she just didn't use it, I know a lot of people who don't have bank accounts (can't figure out why, but they run around getting money orders to pay bills)... Any chance she was doing this?

If she had more than one phone, why would you assume she only had one bank account? It seems odd to me she would go through so much trouble (paying a bill she doesn't have to) to hide her activities but keeping her moms name on the bank account.

Subie how sure are you there is only one bank account? I'd be willing to wager that there is a second... Or she just didn't use it, I know a lot of people who don't have bank accounts (can't figure out why, but they run around getting money orders to pay bills)... Any chance she was doing this?

A credit report was done, no other bank accounts or new credit cards had been opened in her name as of now

adot, This is a good point. I was asking around at work the other day about western union (which I am unfamiliar with) and how it is used. My friend told me he used it once to bail a friend out of jail who didn't have a bank account. Another said she used it to get or give money to elderly grandparents. Or something.

however, subie said all the transactions via western union were small amounts of money less than 15, which is very strange to me... I wonder if there is a way you can find out if jenna has another bank account. Maybe try searching using the alias she used for her second phone, "Ruth Jenna"?

I also would like to know more about these "shady people" if it is possible.

adot, This is a good point. I was asking around at work the other day about western union (which I am unfamiliar with) and how it is used. My friend told me he used it once to bail a friend out of jail who didn't have a bank account. Another said she used it to get or give money to elderly grandparents. Or something.

however, subie said all the transactions via western union were small amounts of money less than 15, which is very strange to me... I wonder if there is a way you can find out if jenna has another bank account. Maybe try searching using the alias she used for her second phone, "Ruth Jenna"?

I also would like to know more about these "shady people" if it is possible.

No bank accounts under another name, I work in the financial industry and with the way the laws are you basically have to have DNA and hair samples, unless you have PERFECTLY faked documents you aren't opening a bank account most also do address checks along with social security and photo id requirements. That's why I'm thinking if she's familiar with Western Union she could very easily be doing money orders. In case you aren't familiar money orders work by using cash and getting basically a check for that amount back. You can use it to pay bills, and other things. They sell them the same places they sell Western Union.
Another thing is, Western Unions and Money orders are bought 1 or 2 places in my experience, grocery stores like Giant or Shady Check Cashing Places. When I was younger I use to always overdraft my bank account, I would get a check for something and rather than put it in my bank account and lose half of it for fees, if I really needed it I would go to a check cashing place (always in an impoverished area, because I guess people in the suburbs don't do that :gaah:) and they use to take like 1% for a fee and then just gave you the rest.
If she was involved in the Western Union and Money Ordering chances are she was doing it in an area that is less than stellar, as that's where you find these places. I don't know if Atlanta is different but something to think about. Also Most of the Checking Cash Places have extended hours. Pretty Sure Giant is 8:30am-8:00pm for those services.

No bank accounts under another name, I work in the financial industry and with the way the laws are you basically have to have DNA and hair samples, unless you have PERFECTLY faked documents you aren't opening a bank account most also do address checks along with social security and photo id requirements. That's why I'm thinking if she's familiar with Western Union she could very easily be doing money orders. In case you aren't familiar money orders work by using cash and getting basically a check for that amount back. You can use it to pay bills, and other things. They sell them the same places they sell Western Union.
Another thing is, Western Unions and Money orders are bought 1 or 2 places in my experience, grocery stores like Giant or Shady Check Cashing Places. When I was younger I use to always overdraft my bank account, I would get a check for something and rather than put it in my bank account and lose half of it for fees, if I really needed it I would go to a check cashing place (always in an impoverished area, because I guess people in the suburbs don't do that :gaah:) and they use to take like 1% for a fee and then just gave you the rest.
If she was involved in the Western Union and Money Ordering chances are she was doing it in an area that is less than stellar, as that's where you find these places. I don't know if Atlanta is different but something to think about. Also Most of the Checking Cash Places have extended hours. Pretty Sure Giant is 8:30am-8:00pm for those services.
Could she be using someone else's account?
All you need is their card and PIN. Cash deposits and withdrawals can be made without even entering the bank and NO ID is required.
In fact at Bank of America (for free checking acct) this is the ONLY way I can do any transaction. If I walk inside the bank to use a bank teller I am Charged $12.50
Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A credit report was done, no other bank accounts or new credit cards had been opened in her name as of now

It's great that law enforcement is sharing all this information with your family and the PI!

That is an interesting view. To me, I don't know if it'd be worth it. She'd have to have a ton of info about something very important. She'd have to be a major player in a major enterprise. Were she that person, she wouldn't have been working in a relatively low-wage job in the last year.

As I said there's a world of difference between the UK and USA LE but you would be surprised to hear that she wouldn't have to be a major player in a major enterprise. She could have merely witnessed something and I'm thinking here along the human trafficking lines. There are many many reasons that someone would be taken into WP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use western union a lot to send money to family in another country - and we live in the Atlanta Area. There are a lot of western unions in grocery stores and drug stores like Walgreens in nice areas of town around here.

We use western union a lot to send money to family in another country - and we live in the Atlanta Area. There are a lot of western unions in grocery stores and drug stores like Walgreens in nice areas of town around here.

I use to live in the capital of PA, but that's A LOT different than Atlanta, I didn't know if "real" metropolis were different, Thanks for clarifying.

Mmmmmm I can appreciate that but western union is just one big red flag to me. JMO!!!!

This post lands at random.

Please keep in mind that the VI may not be able to or may choose not to answer certain questions for a variety of reasons.

If the VI chooses not to respond to a specific question, please respect that and do not keep asking.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member