GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news subie! With this new update, do you think you could get some press coverage??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We met with the Cheif yesterday and he said he is going to help and reach back out to the press

That's good...looks like LE is taking you serious now...or I'm I wrong?

We had a good discussion, and basically said, communication had been very very bad with informing us of whats going on. Obviously they can't share everything , but yes they are taking this pretty seriously. Again the big issue though is that everyone she knew and talked with that night is cooperating and doesnt have anymore information

Following and praying for good news from OTP. Looking everywhere I go for Jenna.

We met with the Cheif yesterday and he said he is going to help and reach back out to the press

Considering that I've not seen them reaching out to the press previously, (just one quote when press called them about the mis-identification), this is another great step!

Hopefully, LE will have a press release at minimum, participating in a press conference even better.

If they do have a press release, (keep on them!) please share it here.

Keep on them with this, as that is what the media needs perhaps to really get more coverage than just the one article in AJC newspaper website and the one tv coverage on one of the three major television channels here. :pullhair: as those two are the only outlets to have covered so far.

Im pleased to read Jenna's car has been found :)

Subie, are there any plans to release a family statement/public request (i dont know the exact term) for the family to appeal and reach out to the public for any info?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I'm sure UK and USA LE are different. People are taken into WP-but it is very rare because it is very $$$ and LE won't spend that kind of money/ take that risk unless there is a huge payoff-I just can't imagine this is one of the case. While I don't practice law anymore-I did and for a while was a prosecutor- I don't know what happens in other countries but she just wouldn't be in WP here.

We had a good discussion, and basically said, communication had been very very bad with informing us of whats going on. Obviously they can't share everything , but yes they are taking this pretty seriously. Again the big issue though is that everyone she knew and talked with that night is cooperating and doesnt have anymore information
In your opinion is someone she knew hiding something or was it a previously unknown acquaintance? ( either unknown to Jenna before that night or unknown to her friends and family)

In your opinion is someone she knew hiding something or was it a previously unknown acquaintance? ( either unknown to Jenna before that night or unknown to her friends and family)
We don't know but it just feels.like either a person is missing in the puzzle or that someone was lying about seeing her that night

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We don't know but it just feels.like either a person is missing in the puzzle or that someone was lying about seeing her that night

Both scenarios seem equally possible, IMO.

If someone is lying about seeing her that night, that's not a good sign! What reason would one have to lie about seeing her, unless of course they know where she is, what happened, etc. & may fear that said information could lead to criminal charges for them.
I HOPE this is not the case & maybe she just decided to step away for a bit. However, I'm not too sure this seems like the likeliest scenario at this point. MOO.

Well now LE have the car and no Jenna they must surely suspect foul play and run forensic tests on the vehicle as well as cctv analysis. Were any of her possessions in the car? Glasses, phones, purse, credit cards etc DYK?

(Or anyone else's possessions even?)

Really hope they get some leads soon.

Well now LE have the car and no Jenna they must surely suspect foul play and run forensic tests on the vehicle as well as cctv analysis. Were any of her possessions in the car? Glasses, phones, purse, credit cards etc DYK?

(Or anyone else's possessions even?)

Really hope they get some leads soon.

We won't know until they finish processing it

Have they checked CCTV at any of the 4 gas stations to see who she might have been with (if anyone)? I am on a family road trip and while stopping to get gas yesterday, I realized there were lots of cameras at the gas station and wondered if any of those had been checked since we know from the debit card history that she went to them. It would be nice to nail down at least SOMEONE she was with that night, and at what specific time, from actual evidence rather than just people's stories of the night.

"Good" news Subie. I hope LE took fingerprints immediately now and there is cctv footage. What are your thoughts and LE's on the fact that the driver-seat was totally pulled back? As I recall right, with your mom's car, there was something like this, only this was the passenger site?
I wonder if the height of the driver can be guesstimated from the seat position. It obviously wasn't J who drove it last ( 4 ' 11" IIRC) so that may help id the driver. Unless the seat was deliberately pushed back by the driver to mislead. Cctv is definately going to help here too plus dna, fingerprints, the whole nine yards. AJMO.

It probably has been asked but was the car location near any of the known stops based on the Google phone timetable, gas station stops or witness sightings at all? Did anyone she knew or was acquainted with at her pet store job live here? Is it an Atlanta Housing group location ? The person looking for a room mate - has that person been traced?

Subie , Thanks for your patience re all the questions.

Defoor Ave is very close to English Ave (AKA the bluff) - could have nothing to do with it, but just FYI

The location the car was found is on the other side of town from where all the gas stations and her apartment are and is Even further from her parents home. The closest two locations that we were told from google timeline would be the 14th and crescent stop by Opera and the Northside and North Ave stop near English Ave.

That's a great map. Defoor Ave would be right off your upper left...just a little out of the picture. It's about an 8 min drive from Defoor Ave to the bluff...also note that her apartment area isn't visible on that map. It would be way off the upper right. Same with her parents house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo