GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big update! Car has been found and is being processed by Dekalb police.
Only thing we know at this point is that no windows were smashed, but driver's seat was pushed all the way back

Car was found in a parking lot in town off Defoors Ave in Atlanta, for people that know the area. Not a sketchy area, very modern and up and coming area.

Only thing we know at this point is that no windows were smashed, but driver's seat was pushed all the way back

Car was found in a parking lot in town off Defoors Ave in Atlanta, for people that know the area. Not a sketchy area, very modern and up and coming area.
Oh excellent news. Let's hope this leads somewhere and is hopefully an area covered by cctv.

Looks to be roughly 8 miles equidistance southeast of her apartment and northeast of parents house - not far at all.

Defoor Avenue NW? That is in Atlanta/Fulton County. I do hope that cross-jurisdictional cooperation is happening on this case!

Great step!

Finally!

I just knew it would be found in a lot somewhere. Is this parking lot a busy place? Is it more residential or business?

Wow! Is that an area she was familiar with, subie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know specifically, we can only speculate.

The area is a mix of residential and business, I don't know what specific lot it was found it, but I know there are a few apartments with in distance as well as a wells fargo on that same road

Don't know specifically, we can only speculate.

The area is a mix of residential and business, I don't know what specific lot it was found it, but I know there are a few apartments with in distance as well as a wells fargo on that same road

Defoor Avenue NW is on a bus line. All Marta buses have outside cameras. Perhaps MARTA cameras can verify when the car arrived at that location specifically as is on line 37 route.

Wow! Great news. Hopefully CCTVs picked up someone driving & parking it in order to identify them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

adot, This is a good point. I was asking around at work the other day about western union (which I am unfamiliar with) and how it is used. My friend told me he used it once to bail a friend out of jail who didn't have a bank account. Another said she used it to get or give money to elderly grandparents. Or something.

however, subie said all the transactions via western union were small amounts of money less than 15, which is very strange to me... I wonder if there is a way you can find out if jenna has another bank account. Maybe try searching using the alias she used for her second phone, "Ruth Jenna"?

I also would like to know more about these "shady people" if it is possible.
Can't LE locate whom she sent these small amounts of money too? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Can't LE locate whom she sent these small amounts of money too? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Yes, we have the names on who she sent the payments to, and its being reviewed as well

Great news. It's a good area but lots of apartments right on that stretch. I actually used to live on defoors ave many many years ago and our car was stolen out of our apartment complex lot while we slept...but there are also 600k houses right there too. Another thing to note is there is a rap artists recording studio right there too that the neighborhoods werenhavingnproblems with. There was some sort of shooting and I think someone was killed out front...pretty shady. Ill look for the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc....tlanta-studio/9eKeoGee74l7C5rZmzAc2O/amp.html

Great news. It's a good area but lots of apartments right on that stretch. I actually used to live on defoors ave many many years ago and our car was stolen out of our apartment complex lot while we slept...but there are also 600k houses right there too. Another thing to note is there is a rap artists recording studio right there too that the neighborhoods werenhavingnproblems with. There was some sort of shooting and I think someone was killed out front...pretty shady. Ill look for the article.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc....tlanta-studio/9eKeoGee74l7C5rZmzAc2O/amp.html

Yeah Its a transitional area still. 10 years ago even when I was in school it was still sort of like that, but now its much better

Hi Subie!
Atlanta resident here. Been worried sick for you, your family, and Jenna. How was her car located? Was it being impounded for being in the lot for so long? Or did someone find it and let LE know? Sending you the best of luck moving forward.

Hi Subie!
Atlanta resident here. Been worried sick for you, your family, and Jenna. How was her car located? Was it being impounded for being in the lot for so long? Or did someone find it and let LE know? Sending you the best of luck moving forward.

We had a tip come through on the email and forwarded to the LE to check out

I hope this tip is fruitful!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! :praying: with publicity and the reward, Jenna will be found safe soon!
Perhaps if the fact her car has been located is released to the press, the additional publicity generated may really help the case.

"Good" news Subie. I hope LE took fingerprints immediately now and there is cctv footage. What are your thoughts and LE's on the fact that the driver-seat was totally pulled back? As I recall right, with your mom's car, there was something like this, only this was the passenger site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie