GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - I use to live on Huff road and work in west midtown. Pretty familiar w/ area. Goes from "bad to good" quickly. Imo. Like most of atl

We don't know but it just feels.like either a person is missing in the puzzle or that someone was lying about seeing her that night

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hi Subie! Here are a few routes from that stop on northside and north to defoors where car was found - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Def...230a2b31!2m2!1d-84.4050405!2d33.7698217?hl=en

one of the routes goes up marietta blvd - right next to westside resoiver park. inside that park is a huge quarry....(not implying anything) - do we know if police has searched this park and quarry? if i remember correctly kids from my high school use to go to that quarry for fun - https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...2d3ccd23!8m2!3d33.7815745!4d-84.4369595?hl=en

Defoor Ave is very close to English Ave (AKA the bluff) - could have nothing to do with it, but just FYI
Interesting. And IIRC that was about 10 pm. What was the reference mentioning English Ave? Was it a gas station stop or a timeline reference or a witness seeing J. ( I know Hope, I should look at the timeline and I will but if someone remembers first, feel free to jump in)
Eta. Ignore me - i see it mentioned that it was from Google timeline.

So what if J met the person that did not want her to take her Mothers car so she changed cars and then she returned and met them at 10 p.m. and left her car at the lot and went with them in their car.

Interesting. And IIRC that was about 10 pm. What was the reference mentioning English Ave? Was it a gas station stop or a timeline reference or a witness seeing J. ( I know Hope, I should look at the timeline and I will but if someone remembers first, feel free to jump in)
Eta. Ignore me - i see it mentioned that it was from Google timeline.

So what if J met the person that did not want her to take her Mothers car so she changed cars and then she returned and met them at 10 p.m. and left her car at the lot and went with them in their car.

I think this is a very interesting theory. Jenna's mom's car is a 2010 Mazda 3 sedan in red. Jenna's car is a 2010 Mazda 6 in dark blue. It's not like Jenna's mom's car is like a luxury car (Mercedes, BMW, etc) in which case you might not want a fancy car in a certain area to draw attention. They basically have the same car though, except for specific model and the color. It's like that person didn't want a red car (noticeable, eye-catching, easier to spot) in that area. Or didn't want a red car specifically (Bloods gang?)? Did this person ask Jenna to drive her car because it could sit in an area for awhile without attracting as much attention...?

The Westside park has not actually been built yet. It will one day but they're still in the fundraising stage so it's private property now. Currently the old quarry is still fairly accessible on foot...difficult for a car to get back there. Pretty heavy fines now days if you're caught back there.

The only English Ave reference came from subie and he got it from Google Maps Timeline. I understood him to mean that the timeline only showed the intersection of north ave and northside drive as something the car drove by...and that it did not show her actually driving into the English Ave area which is about 2 blocks further...

I think this is a very interesting theory. Jenna's mom's car is a 2010 Mazda 3 sedan in red. Jenna's car is a 2010 Mazda 6 in dark blue. It's not like Jenna's mom's car is like a luxury car (Mercedes, BMW, etc) in which case you might not want a fancy car in a certain area to draw attention. They basically have the same car though, except for specific model and the color. It's like that person didn't want a red car (noticeable, eye-catching, easier to spot) in that area. Or didn't want a red car specifically (Bloods gang?)? Did this person ask Jenna to drive her car because it could sit in an area for awhile without attracting as much attention...?
Very good point. At night a dark blue car would be the least noticeable anyway. I don't know about gang colours but a red car is a very noticeable colour for sure.
I am also wondering if she decided at the last minute to go with someone to North Georgia to see the total eclipse. Someone mentioned there was a lot of traffic heading that way. Any locals travel to see it? I remember going on a special coach trip to Northern France to see the total eclipse and it is an unmissable opportunity IMO if one hasn't experienced it before. Is it likely she may have decided to park up her car and go on a bus or coach trip to see the eclipse?

The only English Ave reference came from subie and he got it from Google Maps Timeline. I understood him to mean that the timeline only showed the intersection of north ave and northside drive as something the car drove by...and that it did not show her actually driving into the English Ave area which is about 2 blocks further...
Yes, I remember Subie saying that the stop was for 5-6 minutes. Enough to meet someone then on to somewhere else after parking up the car perhaps ?JMO.

The Westside park has not actually been built yet. It will one day but they're still in the fundraising stage so it's private property now. Currently the old quarry is still fairly accessible on foot...difficult for a car to get back there. Pretty heavy fines now days if you're caught back there.

I've been back there with people a few years ago it's actually pretty common for young people to hang out at the quarry and not really patroled that much.

Cars can definitely get back there but of course then you would be noticed and more likely to get a fine... you would park at least a bit away to walk or bike the last bit but have been back in a beat up Honda before on one path that approaches from the side. You definitely would not park in a parking lot though plenty of space on the closest main road.

On the theory with the red car and blue car, no, gang colors are not as big of a thing in downtown Atlanta, not that kind of gang activity. You don't really see people walking around with red and blue bandanas it is not LA, even living exactly downtown (not midtown) with an ex, never saw that.

Also red cars at night are only marginally more noticeable. If it's dark, it's dark. A white car, maybe. But if something illegal was happening you wouldn't want to use your parent's car and get them in trouble. Even if it was just people transporting weed, I think someone would think that far and not want a family car involved.

Just my perspectives again having lived in atlanta as a young person

Very good point. At night a dark blue car would be the least noticeable anyway. I don't know about gang colours but a red car is a very noticeable colour for sure.
I am also wondering if she decided at the last minute to go with someone to North Georgia to see the total eclipse. Someone mentioned there was a lot of traffic heading that way. Any locals travel to see it? I remember going on a special coach trip to Northern France to see the total eclipse and it is an unmissable opportunity IMO if one hasn't experienced it before. Is it likely she may have decided to park up her car and go on a bus or coach trip to see the eclipse?

At least several 20 somethings I knew in Atlanta went all the way to Oregon or to Tennessee for Eclipse festivals. There were some in both with music and art and etc. Possible but why was her car in a parking lot and all her friends are accounted for so who would she go with?

Don't know about her specific autism but usually autism doesn't lend well to last minute plans.

Third post in a row, sorry haven't had time to post... if something went terribly wrong and she didn't have her chargers would she try to get to her brother foot? Does she know where he lives and is it close to the parking lot the car was found in? What if she and a friend accidentally damaged the tapestry and she was trying to get it cleaned and tried different spots and as a last resort tried to bring it to him when her car got jacked or etc? I think someone mentioned something like this before as a theory

Assuming subie lives near Georgia Tech or thereabouts? Just trying to connect the dots with the tapestry

Also isn't the club associated with the misdial mentioned in the first thread kinda near what they are calling the vbluff?

rsbm:
Assuming subie lives near Georgia Tech or thereabouts? Just trying to connect the dots with the tapestry

.....And this is one school I can talk about. There are many many autists at Tech- who usually are in the Asperger range, as well as some rocket scientist smart folks with weird as all get out hobbies. The campus is safe- the perimeter isn't.

Security has been ramped up at the quarry since they started blasting for the water resivoir though I'm sure you could still get back there if you wanted. And the club area associated with the pocket dial was cambleton road which is south west Atlanta. Not near the bluff or west midtown.

I've been back there with people a few years ago it's actually pretty common for young people to hang out at the quarry and not really patroled that much.

Cars can definitely get back there but of course then you would be noticed and more likely to get a fine... you would park at least a bit away to walk or bike the last bit but have been back in a beat up Honda before on one path that approaches from the side. You definitely would not park in a parking lot though plenty of space on the closest main road.

On the theory with the red car and blue car, no, gang colors are not as big of a thing in downtown Atlanta, not that kind of gang activity. You don't really see people walking around with red and blue bandanas it is not LA, even living exactly downtown (not midtown) with an ex, never saw that.

Also red cars at night are only marginally more noticeable. If it's dark, it's dark. A white car, maybe. But if something illegal was happening you wouldn't want to use your parent's car and get them in trouble. Even if it was just people transporting weed, I think someone would think that far and not want a family car involved.

Just my perspectives again having lived in atlanta as a young person

But a red car parked for an extended time in one spot would surely attract more attention than a dark one... If that person was involved with Jenna's disappearance and knew Jenna's mom's car would be the more eye-catching of the two. People notice red cars more than dark ones.

Security has been ramped up at the quarry since they started blasting for the water resivoir though I'm sure you could still get back there if you wanted. And the club area associated with the pocket dial was cambleton road which is south west Atlanta. Not near the bluff or west midtown.
Is there cctv at either location? Or at the lot where vehicle was parked?
I can only think the vehicle was left after transfering to another vehicle so any cctv close to the lot would be useful. Where do the buses go that are on that route?

Perhaps she took her mom's car that night because it had a full tank of gas?

With the seat pushed back, and Jenna's phone off/dead or not in the car (if her timeline doesn't show her going to that area), it sounds like (a.) she went there willingly for unknown reasons, either as a passenger or pushed the seat back, again for unknown reasons, while her phone was dead or at some other location, (b.) she went unwillingly, already separated from her phone, or (c.) someone else dumped her car there.

As far as her taking a bus to north Georgia, that seems very unlikely. It isn't the norm here to get around except by car or plane. Hotels and Airbnb's were booked solid months out. The eclipse was three nights away.

As far as switching cars, my thoughts there are that she either expected to be away overnight and didn't want anyone (neighbors, subie, vet tech) to out that she had been driving her mom's car so much, so she went home and switched, OR that something happened, and someone felt the need for her car to disappear (to throw the investigation off track?).

My feeling is that her car was dumped by someone else. No one seems to have actually seen her in her car that day, and her phone does not put her in the area where the car was found. I would be very curious about the person who allegedly said that they didn't want her driving to the West End in her mom's car.

Perhaps she took her mom's car that night because it had a full tank of gas?
Yes very likely. So who drove the other one.? It was there at the house Friday a.m. because Subie saw it. Maybe she lent it to someone to go away in it to see the eclipse?

Perhaps her car was being used by someone else throughout the day, making it necessary for her to run around in mom's car later on. My guess would be someone she was willing to get into the car with - logically as a passenger since that individual had already been driving and picked her up.

JIMO

With the seat pushed back, and Jenna's phone off/dead or not in the car (if her timeline doesn't show her going to that area), it sounds like (a.) she went there willingly for unknown reasons, either as a passenger or pushed the seat back, again for unknown reasons, while her phone was dead or at some other location, (b.) she went unwillingly, already separated from her phone, or (c.) someone else dumped her car there.

As far as her taking a bus to north Georgia, that seems very unlikely. It isn't the norm here to get around except by car or plane. Hotels and Airbnb's were booked solid months out. The eclipse was three nights away.

As far as switching cars, my thoughts there are that she either expected to be away overnight and didn't want anyone (neighbors, subie, vet tech) to out that she had been driving her mom's car so much, so she went home and switched, OR that something happened, and someone felt the need for her car to disappear (to throw the investigation off track?).

My feeling is that her car was dumped by someone else. No one seems to have actually seen her in her car that day, and her phone does not put her in the area where the car was found. I would be very curious about the person who allegedly said that they didn't want her driving to the West End in her mom's car.

Seemed weird advice to me, too, considering the cars are not that different. The location of that guy is College Park, a different area from the westside, per Subie's comments.

"She was also in contact with one other guy that night on and off between 8 and 10 pm. From interviews with him. He advised her not to come to his part of town (college Park) with my mom's car, and that he would meet her closer to her apartment. According to him she never showed."

Subie Post #823

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads