GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>Im sorry guys, I'm just as frustrated as you all are, there is info in these news stories that even news to us. Like I have been saying recently this is a big investigation. We had interviewed some of her friends early on but could not get a lot of info . Police have kept their information under wraps from us. At this point I can't offer any more input , we just don't know what else to do to not interfere with the ongoing investigation .

<modsnip>

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Long time lurker. Parent of a high functioning autistic child in Atlanta I and can't imagine the heartbreak the family must be feeling.

I found this news article from the local news that has more details regarding what was found in the car.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/missing-in-georgia/woman-vanishes-car-found-empty/476644040

This article states that the house was unlocked.....I thought it was deadbolt locket from the outside, as stated in earlier posts and media.... ???
  • Doorlocked (deadbolt was locked, Thread 1,post 619 bybrother)

This article states that the house was unlocked.....I thought it was deadbolt locket from the outside, as stated in earlier posts and media.... ???
  • Doorlocked (deadbolt was locked, Thread 1,post 619 bybrother)
It was locked, have contacted 11alive to correct.

Curious about the car being out of gas (per this: http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...anishes-car-found-empty/476644040?scroll=1733 ).

Was the driver using it until it ran out of gas, knowing they couldn't go to a gas station due to CCTV? Does this mean that maybe they were familiar with this area to know they could pull off there? What are the chances of running out of gas on a random side street?

Does anyone have ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All I can think is she ran out of gas earlier in the day, which explains why she was driving her mum's car later. So, to me, it looks like she never went back to the house late that night to swop cars but got a taxi or bus or a lift home.earlier in the day on Friday.

All I can think is she ran out of gas earlier in the day, which explains why she was driving her mum's car later. So, to me, it looks like she never went back to the house late that night to swop cars but got a taxi or bus or a lift home.earlier in the day on Friday.
That's one possibility I had not thought of. Or that she had taken an Uber back to my parents?

That's one possibility I had not thought of. Or that she had taken an Uber back to my parents?

Wasn't it mentioned that the seat was pushed back in her car, too? Wouldn't that mean she wasn't the driver?

Wouldn't you guys know if she had used her card for uber?

Wasn't it mentioned that the seat was pushed back in her car, too? Wouldn't that mean she wasn't the driver?

No no not using her car for Uber but rather that maybe she had to Uber back to my parents to get my mom's car

Yeah, taxi/uber called a friend? What's her call history for earlier on Friday? You saw her car at your parents Friday a.m. - ask the vet if her car was there still in the afternoon. Maybe LE are not looking back far enough on the cctv?

No no not using her car for Uber but rather that maybe she had to Uber back to my parents to get my mom's car

Gotcha. And then she took your mom's car back to parents'. Wouldn't she mention to her friend she was texting at 2 a.m. (or any other friend) that she left her car out of gas? If she got your mom's car, wouldn't she want to go and get gas to put in her car? I'm just thinking out loud.

Card, not car. Wouldn't the family know if she used an Uber by her CARD activity, not her CAR.

They probably haven't looked at card or phone usage for earlier in the day because the vet saw J that p.m. so she hadn't disappeared at that point in time.

I think it would be a good idea to let this new info sink in a bit so new scenarios can be thought about. It is important for family to check with the vet whether J's car was there in the afternoon and to check J's phone for earlier calls, texts etc. JMO.

They probably haven't looked at card or phone usage for earlier in the day because the vet saw J that p.m. so she hadn't disappeared at that point in time.

So when they checked for the gas station charges, those were all made in the evening?

So when they checked for the gas station charges, those were all made in the evening?

I believe so but Subie would have to confirm.
Also her car could have run out of fuel early evening too I guess.

What would Jenna do in a situation like that where she runs out of fuel?

I believe so but Subie would have to confirm.
Also her car could have run out of fuel early evening too I guess.

What would Jenna do in a situation like that where she runs out of fuel?
I would have hoped if that happened she would have called me

not necessarily
I push my car seat back when I exit - it's easier for me to get out and back in

she made have went to gas stations looking for a gas can for her car- and felt like she had to buy something at each she went into?

Gotcha. And then she took your mom's car back to parents'. Wouldn't she mention to her friend she was texting at 2 a.m. (or any other friend) that she left her car out of gas? If she got your mom's car, wouldn't she want to go and get gas to put in her car? I'm just thinking out loud.

Personally if pushed I'd leave it till another day and more time. Also, if strapped for cash probably leave it till all fuel was used in parent's car too.

she made have went to gas stations looking for a gas can for her car- and felt like she had to buy something at each she went into?
Good point. Now we have to figure out why she never made it back to fuel up her car. Maybe that's where she went Saturday morning and came to harm then, not on Friday at all?

There's a Shell station on Howell Mill and a Walmart that probably stocks gas cans. Depending on which end of Defoor, she could've easily walked.

Not clear why she'd want to get a ride all the way back across town to get her parents' car during the day and then make various stops in the evening closer to the location of her car yet never put gas in it.

Edit- the gas station locations she supposedly went to that day/night were not near where her car was found. There are much closer stations near where her car was found.

Edit 2 - my husband just said most gas stations carry gas cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member