GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is weird to me, she was switching cars stopping at multiple Gas Stations in her moms Red Car but then brought the car home and switched to her car. Someone else pointed out that the cars are about the same. I'm sorry but it sounds like she is playing gangster. It sounds like she was driving around looking for some marijuana.... In my younger years it was always a sure thing to find someone selling it at gas stations, especially later in the evening in the shady part of town. The Western Union, the two cell phones, the car switching (the extremely pushed back seat)...
Subie mentioned when people give her attention she kind of latches on, maybe a group of people involved in some nefarious activities befriended her, made her feel accepted and she decided to hang out, one thing leads to another, she's in over her head and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so she is letting this charade go in. I think she will be found safe, I'm really hoping.

This is weird to me, she was switching cars stopping at multiple Gas Stations in her moms Red Car but then brought the car home and switched to her car. Someone else pointed out that the cars are about the same. I'm sorry but it sounds like she is playing gangster. It sounds like she was driving around looking for some marijuana.... In my younger years it was always a sure thing to find someone selling it at gas stations, especially later in the evening in the shady part of town. The Western Union, the two cell phones, the car switching (the extremely pushed back seat)...
Subie mentioned when people give her attention she kind of latches on, maybe a group of people involved in some nefarious activities befriended her, made her feel accepted and she decided to hang out, one thing leads to another, she's in over her head and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so she is letting this charade go in. I think she will be found safe, I'm really hoping.

You definitely don't get weed at gas stations in Atlanta. It's not something you get hooked on and need to buy there.
She grew up in atlanta. Do I need to point out what this means? Beyond being a girl and having the network contacts of having grown up there you simply do not need to go to gas stations to buy or sell weed when you've been living there. And girls get it from friends usually. Not likely. Nor are most pot dealers gangsters or pot profitable enough to sell at gas stations for quick cash. If it was potheads involved in this she'd be found by now. Your neighborhood pot dealer is not a gangster. And every young adult in Atlanta can point you at which of their friends sell or can get you weed. It's not as illicit to young people as you imply.

That being said there are sketchy pot dealers but if you've been in ATL your whole life you won't need to encounter them.

My bet is on the roommate at this point if the ex is really not the key. She was sleeping on the couch right? Was he just a nice guy? Then why require a warrant? I also don't believe the guy who says she didn't show. He told her to switch cars. She knew as someone said whoever got in her car. Who are the guys she knows best? Where do they live approximately?

You definitely don't get weed at gas stations in Atlanta. It's not something you get hooked on and need to buy there.
She grew up in atlanta. Do I need to point out what this means? Beyond being a girl and having the network contacts of having grown up there you simply do not need to go to gas stations to buy or sell weed when you've been living there. And girls get it from friends usually. Not likely. Nor are most pot dealers gangsters or pot profitable enough to sell at gas stations for quick cash. If it was potheads involved in this she'd be found by now. Your neighborhood pot dealer is not a gangster. And every young adult in Atlanta can point you at which of their friends sell or can get you weed. It's not as illicit to young people as you imply.

That being said there are sketchy pot dealers but if you've been in ATL your whole life you won't need to encounter them.

My bet is on the roommate at this point if the ex is really not the key. She was sleeping on the couch right? Was he just a nice guy? Then why require a warrant? I also don't believe the guy who says she didn't show. He told her to switch cars. She knew as someone said whoever got in her car. Who are the guys she knows best? Where do they live approximately?

I've been :couch: as to discussing gas stations. Gas for cash was my first thought, as it was in different areas, and different stations.. in addition to person that was in question lived east of the 285/North Decatur Road intersect

Gas for cash is when you have someone else's ID/credit card, and you have folks come through and fill up tanks at a discount on the theft card.

I've been :couch: as to discussing gas stations. Gas for cash was my first thought, as it was in different areas, and different stations.. in addition to person that was in question lived east of the 285/North Decatur Road intersect

Gas for cash is when you have someone else's ID/credit card, and you have folks come through and fill up tanks at a discount on the theft card.

Ohh I like that better, I just used the marijuana to account for some petty crime that was occurring at gas stations, that didn't even become a thought, not something anyone has ever asked me (but the weed thing is, I've been asked about 100 times, maybe it's because I buy cigars at gas stations but it happens so often I thought it happened to everybody) because you don't just go to 3-4 gas stations unless your involved in something. I think that is an excellent thought.

Ive been to gas stations and girls go to cars and give some sob story about being out of money need gas to get home....ppl do give them cash. which they do not buy gas with.

Ohh I like that better, I just used the marijuana to account for some petty crime that was occurring at gas stations, that didn't even become a thought, not something anyone has ever asked me (but the weed thing is, I've been asked about 100 times, maybe it's because I buy cigars at gas stations but it happens so often I thought it happened to everybody) because you don't just go to 3-4 gas stations unless your involved in something. I think that is an excellent thought.
So the thought is maybe someone stole her id and card and drove to gas stations filling up friends cars for cash? I can't see that because a) some of the items were small b) some of the transactions tied in with the Google timeline IIRC c) so would they have her phone with them too? d) Did they take her mum's car home and steal her car too? e) where was J while this went on?
There's just too many questions for that to fit IMO. Good thought though.

So the thought is maybe someone stole her id and card and drove to gas stations filling up friends cars for cash? I can't see that because a) some of the items were small b) some of the transactions tied in with the Google timeline IIRC c) so would they have her phone with them too? d) Did they take her mum's car home and steal her car too? e) where was J while this went on?
There's just too many questions for that to fit IMO. Good thought though.

Not quite Shire. What I'm saying is that she is involved in whatever "it" is, it has nothing to do with her card. We just know she was at the gas stations because her card was there. For my theory you have to take out that her card was involved, you don't run a scheme on your own card. I think J was with the friends at all 3-4 gas stations and the friends were running a scam. J probably wanted to be with but not involved so she went in the store (hence her small purchases on the card)...

I would be interesting when her car was left in the parking lot.....
Car was found on the 5th of September.....on the road btw......known be us at the 9th.....<modsnip>....Subie I really hope Jenna is ok and you will find her....<modsnip>

I would be interesting when her car was left in the parking lot.....
Car was found on the 5th of September.....on the road btw......known be us at the 9th.....<modsnip>...Subie I really hope Jenna is ok and you will find her....<modsnip>
The road part is not quite right it was in a lot. But yeah. Police wanted to keep the discovery under wraps for a week until we discussed with the Chief last Friday on why that was

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The car was actually found on the 5th? We're the keys found with it?
Still don't know , police are still "processing" it. We have asked to see the car in person to see if we can notice in irregularities or damage that may not have been there before . Waiting to see when we can

Still don't know , police are still "processing" it. We have asked to see the car in person to see if we can

Ok they had a week and more to process it...and still nothing...I know you don't have to share anything on here....I'm sorry....feel with you....and your family...and I really think Jenna didn't just left on her own....going under the radar....something happened to her..wrong place, wrong crowd..picked somebody bad up.....whatever....but I can't believe she just left you...sounds nothing like her....My son did stupid things (has the same flows as your sister) but he would never leave me in oblivion....unless something really serious has happened....I always heard from him after two weeks, because he knows after that period of not knowing I would eat my heart out worrying......and he can't bear making me sad...as Jenna had contact with your mother every day....family was her lifeline after all.....

<modsnip>
We need to try and understand why LE would keep the car discovery hidden for a week.
Have they kept anything else hidden?
Jenna is still missing. Why?
What is special about where the car was found.
Has cctv already been looked at, seeing as the car was discovered on the 5th, LE has had time to check that out, so what have they found out?

<modsnip>
We need to try and understand why LE would keep the car discovery hidden for a week.
Have they kept anything else hidden?
Jenna is still missing. Why?
What is special about where the car was found.
Has cctv already been looked at, seeing as the car was discovered on the 5th, LE has had time to check that out, so what have they found out?
I think there is a lot more hidden and i think somebody is on their radar. 2 weeks have passed since finding the car and im sure its been 'processed' by now.

http://atlantajewishtimes.timesofisrael.com/car-not-woman-found/

This news report states there is cctv coverage so i wonder what that will show. LE surely would have viewed this by now?

Im hoping they are ready to pounce! Im also hoping Jenna is safe but i fear not :(

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I think there is a lot more hidden and i think somebody is on their radar. 2 weeks have passed since finding the car and im sure its been 'processed' by now.

http://atlantajewishtimes.timesofisrael.com/car-not-woman-found/

This news report states there is cctv coverage so i wonder what that will show. LE surely would have viewed this by now?

Im hoping they are ready to pounce! Im also hoping Jenna is safe but i fear not :(

Shades of the Ying Ying case? Car discovered but perp being watched hopefully. Time for us to have some confidence in LE I think IMO.

Good to see media getting more involved, finally.

Curious about the car being out of gas (per this: http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...anishes-car-found-empty/476644040?scroll=1733 ).

Was the driver using it until it ran out of gas, knowing they couldn't go to a gas station due to CCTV? Does this mean that maybe they were familiar with this area to know they could pull off there? What are the chances of running out of gas on a random side street?

Does anyone have ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious about the car being out of gas (per this: http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...anishes-car-found-empty/476644040?scroll=1733 ).

Was the driver using it until it ran out of gas, knowing they couldn't go to a gas station due to CCTV? Does this mean that maybe they were familiar with this area to know they could pull off there? What are the chances of running out of gas on a random side street?

Does anyone have ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No ideas!

But i notice the house was now 'unlocked' and 'things were broken in the house'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online