GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are two additional Fb posts to that one on the 14th. These are one on the 16th and one (the virginia highland/morningside one ) on the 18th - the day she disappeared. They need to go on the timeline for those dates IMO. (sorry I know you just updated it ) this is a great lead I think.

Great findings! Very relevant I think. Should indeed be put on the timeline. Is there a link (sorry, missed it) I think it's not ok to bombard the thread all the time with an updated casestory/timeline. I will do that again in a while.

It's quit possible that she was busy gathering stuff from different houses where she 'surfed on coaches'; ex, her own apartment (VI is not sure if she went back to her apartment that night or visited the townhouse which was just behind her), parents house, checking out the neighborhood, searching for an address, trying to meet up with somebody offering a place to rent. Could be an explanation for all the movements as preparation for her moving to some place, and almost nothing found in her own apartment. Could indeed be a connection with the Atlanta Housing Group post. I'm just not sure what the story is with her using her mum's car and her stuff found in her own car.
Perhaps someone was helping her move so they used both cars. This would also explain why there was not much in the apartment - she had maybe taken it out. You would expect the roommate to know if she was moving out but if she didn't want anyone to know, that could explain it.
It would also be good cover to tell the "roommate" that she would not be around for a week or ten days while house sitting but secretly moving out so the roommate didn't suspect perhaps. JMO.

Just FYI: crescent and 14th near Opera is not considered morningside or Virginia highlands neighborhood at all. They really are not that close. Opera is considered midtown.

Great findings! Very relevant I think. Should indeed be put on the timeline. Is there a link (sorry, missed it) I think it's not ok to bombard the thread all the time with an updated casestory/timeline. I will do that again in a while.
It was nellie's find see post 783 and I edited the dates in my post as I remembered them a bit wrong.

In the time line it is mentioned J drove to 14th and Crescent ( near Opera). I am wondering if this was something to do with the apartment she was enquiring about in Virginia Highland/Morningside area as it does not seem far from that area.
I also just noticed in the time line that it was a Morningside woman who was following the case and reported the car by email when she spotted it en route to her gym.

Just FYI: crescent and 14th near Opera is not considered morningside or Virginia highlands neighborhood at all. They really are not that close. Opera is considered midtown.
Yes I saw that but as I said, it wasn't far from these areas or far from her apartment, Lavista, Piedmont, Cheshire Bridge and many of the places she stopped. It looks to me to be about halfway between her parents and Opera. Would that be about right? (Also bearing in mind we don't know the exact address and Google timeline may not be exact either. ) JMO
Will edit and add mileages.
Eta emory uni to crescent 4 miles
Va highland to crescent 1.8 miles
Morningside to crescent 2 miles.

Perhaps someone was helping her move so they used both cars. This would also explain why there was not much in the apartment - she had maybe taken it out. You would expect the roommate to know if she was moving out but if she didn't want anyone to know, that could explain it.

It looks like by the street view that there's some type of camera system at her apartment, or at least warning of one. Not sure how accurate that is and I can't really read it. If there is anything, wondering if LE checked it to see if she was coming in and out with anyone else and the times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you could be right, but why not talk about it with your best friends. Wouldn't it be a joyful thing to share with your friends? "good news, I found a new place". And if somebody was helping her and had nothing to do with her missing..why not come forward after all this time?

I see that Dekalb Police have put a Missing post up on their Facebook page for Jenna. They have stated she has a Star of David tattoo on her upper thigh. This would have been a good detail to put on the flyers etc.. IMO as trafficking has not been ruled out, and with the rumours of Backpage ads this tattoo might be a good identifier on body photos or anyone involved with her may remember the tattoo and it could jog their memory.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Good find Stanly!!

Cape this reminded me. Atlanta House Search on FB. I just went back through it and was looking at comments and saw Jenna replied to another post (other than the one mentioned here early on) on Aug. 18, saying she was "very interested" in renting another place. Makes me sad to see it. It looks like she really was trying to get out of that apartment situation. Am I allowed to post the screenshots here to save everyone the scroll time?

Edit- And I just found another from Aug. 14 on there that said she was interested in a room.

Good find noseynellie!

It looks like by the street view that there's some type of camera system at her apartment, or at least warning of one. Not sure how accurate that is and I can't really read it. If there is anything, wondering if LE checked it to see if she was coming in and out with anyone else and the times.

I think Stanly mentioned this too earlier in thread. Hopefully LE were on it.

Yes, you could be right, but why not talk about it with your best friends. Wouldn't it be a joyful thing to share with your friends? "good news, I found a new place". And if somebody was helping her and had nothing to do with her missing..why not come forward after all this time?
She may have been scared of the roommate. He certainly wasn't very helpful to the family was he ? I edited and added some more thoughts to my original post about that too.

Jenna is in Namus, poor girl

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/39943/0/

Last seen 08/19/2017 in Atlanta. Did I miss something? Or are they referring to the last message send 'laying down"?

Black hair, brown eyes, almond shaped

- Star of David tattoo on upper thigh
- Pierced ears

Her car is mentioned (don't know how accurate this still is, because they found it)
No dentals, DNA inquiry underway, fingerprints available elsewhere

She may have been scared of the roommate. He certainly wasn't very helpful to the family was he ? I edited and added some more thoughts to my original post about that too.

No the roommate wasn't at all helpful...and I can "see" that she didn't wanted him to know, but her best (girl) friends....

Jenna is in Namus, poor girl

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/39943/0/

Last seen 08/19/2017 in Atlanta. Did I miss something? Or are they referring to the last message send 'laying down"?

Black hair, brown eyes, almond shaped

- Star of David tattoo on upper thigh
- Pierced ears

Her car is mentioned (don't know how accurate this still is, because they found it)
No dentals, DNA inquiry underway, fingerprints available elsewhere
Some reports mentioned she spoke to the SC friend after midnight.

They may have known the roommate too. It is the only thing that may explain it IMO.

I think a couple of her "friends" know each-other and covering up together....as far as we know Subie still doesn't know who was on the "get-together" in parents house on Thursday August 17th.

Some reports mentioned she spoke to the SC friend after midnight.

Could be this....later the info changed...first is was ca. 12.00 am Friday to Saturday. Later info girlfriend talking to her 11.45 pm...seems to me pretty important....and also quit easy to check your phone on what time this was...incoming/outgoing, we don't know that.

I think Stanly mentioned this too earlier in thread. Hopefully LE were on it.
Yes i did, a couple of times. It was one of those unanswered questions..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

you wont figure out if that was her destination. but her car was there so search search search.
dont they say missing persons are usually found within 5 miles from where they went missing....

The problem is, we don't ACTUALLY know where she went missing FROM. We can't assume that just because her car was found somewhere that that is where she was last located before she went missing. It could be from her apartment, from her parents' house, from where the car was located, or even some unknown location. If you map out a 5 mile radius from all of the possible locations, you would need a search party to search the whole of the city of Atlanta practically. Talk about a needle in a haystack.

I do agree that it's not a bad idea to set up a search in the area where the car was located, but I'm just pointing this out as a reason that LE has not previously suggested gathering a search party.

This is a shot in the dark, and I've never heard of such a thing, so it may not be possible, but is there any way to tell WHEN a car was last driven? Does the computer system in a car store any such data? It would be interesting to know how long that car sat there on Defoor.

Could be this....later the info changed...first is was ca. 12.00 am Friday to Saturday. Later info girlfriend talking to her 11.45 pm...seems to me pretty important....and also quit easy to check your phone on what time this was...incoming/outgoing, we don't know that.
Could be both. Started talking at 11.45 and lasting till after midnight. Very possible with old friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61