GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, we don't ACTUALLY know where she went missing FROM. We can't assume that just because her car was found somewhere that that is where she was last located before she went missing. It could be from her apartment, from her parents' house, from where the car was located, or even some unknown location. If you map out a 5 mile radius from all of the possible locations, you would need a search party to search the whole of the city of Atlanta practically. Talk about a needle in a haystack.

I do agree that it's not a bad idea to set up a search in the area where the car was located, but I'm just pointing this out as a reason that LE has not previously suggested gathering a search party.

This is a shot in the dark, and I've never heard of such a thing, so it may not be possible, but is there any way to tell WHEN a car was last driven? Does the computer system in a car store any such data? It would be interesting to know how long that car sat there on Defoor.
Cctv and traffic cams, local neighbourhood watch patrols should figure that out if not already known by LE. IDK about car computer perhaps family may know.

Cctv and traffic cams, local neighbourhood watch patrols should figure that out if not already known by LE. IDK about car computer perhaps family may know.

Yeah, but I wasn't sure if they had found anything promising on CCTV. We've never heard of any info coming from CCTV, so either LE has seen her car on CCTV and isn't sharing the info, or they haven't found anything worthwhile.

Hey guys has anyone on here organized a search party before? I've had a few requests to get one going.

Some areas we can check
1) Area where car was found
2) Around her apartment
3) Around parents neighborhood

The area around the car might be more important,
I think we still need to figure out if this was her destination or if someone had found her car, went for a joy ride and left it there
Long time listener, first time caller... Atlanta local. Ready to help with a search.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Could be both. Started talking at 11.45 and lasting till after midnight. Very possible with old friends.

Would be good to know where this conversation was about (it's totally private of course) but could lead to something...was Jenna crying...out of her mind, in disarray, desperate, angry or was it just a chit-chat between girlfriends..."oh...tomorrow I'm going to the gym, had a hamburger at Wendy's, see you soon..love you girlie"

I think a couple of her "friends" know each-other and covering up together....as far as we know Subie still doesn't know who was on the "get-together" in parents house on Thursday August 17th.
I wonder if the friends knew and that was why they had the get together?

Yeah, but I wasn't sure if they had found anything promising on CCTV. We've never heard of any info coming from CCTV, so either LE has seen her car on CCTV and isn't sharing the info, or they haven't found anything worthwhile.
I don't think LE would share this anyway. It could end up as part of a court case.

Jenna is in Namus, poor girl

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/39943/0/

Last seen 08/19/2017 in Atlanta. Did I miss something? Or are they referring to the last message send 'laying down"?

Black hair, brown eyes, almond shaped

- Star of David tattoo on upper thigh
- Pierced ears

Her car is mentioned (don't know how accurate this still is, because they found it)
No dentals, DNA inquiry underway, fingerprints available elsewhere

PD is supposed to be correcting the info and filling dental and medical today. They really botched the info on there until we mentioned it to them. They had reason for missing as "austim"

The problem is, we don't ACTUALLY know where she went missing FROM. We can't assume that just because her car was found somewhere that that is where she was last located before she went missing. It could be from her apartment, from her parents' house, from where the car was located, or even some unknown location. If you map out a 5 mile radius from all of the possible locations, you would need a search party to search the whole of the city of Atlanta practically. Talk about a needle in a haystack.

I do agree that it's not a bad idea to set up a search in the area where the car was located, but I'm just pointing this out as a reason that LE has not previously suggested gathering a search party.

This is a shot in the dark, and I've never heard of such a thing, so it may not be possible, but is there any way to tell WHEN a car was last driven? Does the computer system in a car store any such data? It would be interesting to know how long that car sat there on Defoor.
How about a triangle or circle with those locations- parent's house, Jenna's apartment, car location. How big would that be? Have a separate search party search around each location and then spread out towards the other locations. MOO

I was unaware until now on this, but will be updating flyers today

yes, I totally get it. I hid my one tattoo from my parents and family as long as possible. I didn’t want them to get upset. Also, It was on the upper thigh so it wouldn’t help much in finding her, esp since it was hidden

Would be good to know where this conversation was about (it's totally private of course) but could lead to something...was Jenna crying...out of her mind, in disarray, desperate, angry or was it just a chit-chat between girlfriends..."oh...tomorrow I'm going to the gym, had a hamburger at Wendy's, see you soon..love you girlie"
I completely agree Hope. Her last known conversation has to be of importance.

PD is supposed to be correcting the info and filling dental and medical today. They really botched the info on there until we mentioned it to them. They had reason for missing as "austim"
What reason for missing would family put? I believe family can enter or edit in NamUs, which may be better.

What reason for missing would family put? I believe family can enter or edit in NamUs, which may be better.
Discussing with pd, but autism just doesn't seem to sit well .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am starting to wonder if there is something entirely different going on here given LEs seeming lack of interest in the story.
Here is a theory. Subie and family, I apologize in advance if I am way off base. Just trying to think out of the box.

Let's assume Jenna was involved in sex trafficking and she was picked up that night in a sting.
This would explain the "found" by another jurisdiction (say Atlanta) very early on.
Let's assume that for a lighter sentence of some sort, Jenna agreed to go undercover for this jurisdiction to ferret out the main players or has been put in hiding in order to identify them at a later stage.
This would explain phones going off the grid. And the retracted "found" (how do you misidentify someone!!!). This might also explain the backpage picture which looked a whole lot like her. And Ex's sex worker comments. And perhaps roommate is involved in the sex trafficking operation which is why he was reluctant to let PI and family into the house.
Let's assume that LE wants her to stay "missing" because it helps them to catch the traffickers.
This would explain lack of household prints until family pushed for it, not reporting the finding of the car, just general disinterest in this case by Dekalb PD without the family pushing for it.
Let's assume the police finally told the parents what was going on because they were suffering so much.
That would explain why PI no longer on the case, family not raising a fit with the media, fewer flyers around, lack of searches and door to door knocks and suspect interviews, perfunctory answering of questions on this site, et

Let's hope this is the case and she is alive and well and helping to break up a major sex trafficking operation in Atlanta

With 100% respect- this is just now how LE works. I was a prosecutor in Clayton County for a bit and practiced criminal law my entire legal career. LE doesn't have the $$/resources and for many other reasons, they just wouldn't hatch this plan in real life. I just don't want anyone to think that she is anything other than missing.

How about a triangle or circle with those locations- parent's house, Jenna's apartment, car location. How big would that be? Have a separate search party search around each location and then spread out towards the other locations. MOO

It's a pretty big area if you do just a triangle with straight lines between the locations. I made a map. The blue house icon is the parents' house, the orange house icon is Jenna's apartment, and the yellow tear drop icon is where the car was found. Google is calculating that area as 4.38 square miles (7.04 square km).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Triangle.jpg
    Triangle.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 433
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online