GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The beginning of the first thread should have a bunch of posts re: the tapestry

For Horseguy
From the story line in the beginning of this thread. Everything from the first thread said about the tapestry is in it. (not what members speculate or theorized)

Tapestry(more of an Egyptian khayamiya,as a WS member suggested) missing (It was an Egyptian tapestry / buffet cover from around WWII) Never had been appraised so don't know the worth, but it’s a very odd thing to take. (brother’s post 55) https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21077291_1624615670895705_120030193465841363_n.jpg ?oh=d704bfe7f8ce8a278f7785cd780233ee&oe=5A4DEC1F Blurry picture of tapestry. It is from my Grandfather / WWII era. It’s not something we ever really talked about. But I do know that it was quite faded, and had a lot of birds on it. Retrieving it isn't so much important, but rather if anyone had tried to sell it to a pawn shop / craigslist in the past few days. post by brother 156
The tapestry that is missing is part of a set 2x end table covers (what is <the picture> posted) and a buffet cover that was framed. The buffet cover is what is missing and very similar to this <the picture posted> Post by brother nr. 133. From Facebook by Leon vanGelderen: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1624607500896522&id=100000418644521 &set=a.973355179355094.1073741826.100000418644521& source=57&ref=content_filter
approx. 2 feet by five feet (approx. 61 cm x 152 cm)
Tapestry was in a heavy frame, carefully removed by breaking a small piece of the glass and frame hung back on the wall. The frame definitely takes 2 people to put backup. Glass on the frame appears to have been cleaned as well, very odd. Taken from frame, sharper picture available is a same kind of cloth but not the item itself (brother&#8217;s post 55)
should mention on that picture frame, the missing piece of glass was still on the frame when I found it. It fell out when we and the police took the frame down to inspect and due to safety kept it off post of brother nr 264

For Horseguy
From the story line in the beginning of this thread. Everything from the first thread said about the tapestry is in it. (not what members speculate or theorized)

Tapestry(more of an Egyptian khayamiya,as a WS member suggested) missing (It was an Egyptian tapestry / buffet cover from around WWII) Never had been appraised so don't know the worth, but it’s a very odd thing to take. (brother’s post 55) https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21077291_1624615670895705_120030193465841363_n.jpg ?oh=d704bfe7f8ce8a278f7785cd780233ee&oe=5A4DEC1F Blurry picture of tapestry. It is from my Grandfather / WWII era. It’s not something we ever really talked about. But I do know that it was quite faded, and had a lot of birds on it. Retrieving it isn't so much important, but rather if anyone had tried to sell it to a pawn shop / craigslist in the past few days. post by brother 156
The tapestry that is missing is part of a set 2x end table covers (what is <the picture> posted) and a buffet cover that was framed. The buffet cover is what is missing and very similar to this <the picture posted> Post by brother nr. 133. From Facebook by Leon vanGelderen: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1624607500896522&id=100000418644521 &set=a.973355179355094.1073741826.100000418644521& source=57&ref=content_filter
approx. 2 feet by five feet (approx. 61 cm x 152 cm)
Tapestry was in a heavy frame, carefully removed by breaking a small piece of the glass and frame hung back on the wall. The frame definitely takes 2 people to put backup. Glass on the frame appears to have been cleaned as well, very odd. Taken from frame, sharper picture available is a same kind of cloth but not the item itself (brother’s post 55)
should mention on that picture frame, the missing piece of glass was still on the frame when I found it. It fell out when we and the police took the frame down to inspect and due to safety kept it off post of brother nr 264
Random thought that might seem irrelevant to some but....
How could you break a corner piece of the glass that carefully to be able to put it back in? Surely some sort of tool would have to have been used? You wouldnt be able to do it by hand and if you used any old object it would have shattered IMO.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I want to say that I've been thinking of Jenna a lot lately. About the reward money; less than 5% is ever claimed. I don't have the exact numbers, but I'm sure someone does. I've been wondering though about the seat being pushed back-what about the side mirrors and the top one? I know that may sound minuscule, but I wonder if those were adjusted as well? I can only see a few options with the drivers seat being pushed back, being she was resting and wanted a minute to gather herself or it wasn't her driving, or something else. I just have so many questions.

How could you break a corner piece of the glass that carefully to be able to put it back in? Surely some sort of tool would have to have been used? You wouldnt be able to do it by hand and if you used any old object it would have shattered IMO.

Using a glasscutter or something like that you mean?

I want to say that I've been thinking of Jenna a lot lately. About the reward money; less than 5% is ever claimed. I don't have the exact numbers, but I'm sure someone does. I've been wondering though about the seat being pushed back-what about the side mirrors and the top one? I know that may sound minuscule, but I wonder if those were adjusted as well? I can only see a few options with the drivers seat being pushed back, being she was resting and wanted a minute to gather herself or it wasn't her driving, or something else. I just have so many questions.

Very good point! I don't know anyone who doesn't adjust the rear view mirror at the windshield when they get in the car, but I've never heard that mentioned in any case that I have followed that I recall. But soooooo true!

As to the reward monies offering, it's not the standard offered by e.g. crimestoppers that has a reputation. This one, has no information as to what the parameters are etc.

I've been :praying: for an organized effort by the family for putting out flyers in the area or something to help.... I want to, but need direction as to a calling by the family as to how best do such.(yes, I have shared on social media... perhaps a new missing pieces update with car location to share again???) I haven't seen any community involvement requested to date... but I'm there if they ask!

9/1 there was a large SURGE of 73 guest viewers at one moment on that day, but now...not much. (That was the day out of town media picked up on in SW Ga iirc)

Anyone agree that the terms of the reward should change? $100,000 for information leading to finding Jenna? That might spark more info from her friends. Then again not everyone is bright enough to realize the fact that pointing le to a body won't get you money

Anyone agree that the terms of the reward should change? $100,000 for information leading to finding Jenna? That might spark more info from her friends. Then again not everyone is bright enough to realize the fact that pointing le to a body won't get you money
Yes, definitely!

Thinking outside the box like maybe the da Vinci code. What if The target was the tapestry. Somebody knew the parents were going to be out of town and they really needed that tapestry because they thought it was either an heirloom or some vintage World War II that they had to have and poor Jenna happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

Here is one that looks similar on eBay but it's only $30 .

https://www.ebay.com/i/372038214791

Yes, definitely!

There were two questions in the post. Which are you responding to? That the terms of the reward should change, or that they should increase to $100,000 for information leading to finding Jenna?

:thinking: of how many were that high, and I can only think of two that have ever been that high...

There were two questions in the post. Which are you responding to? That the terms of the reward should change, or that they should increase to $100,000 for information leading to finding Jenna?

:thinking: of how many were that high, and I can only think of two that have ever been that high...
Sorry i misread it as $10,000 still. I think the terms should change to '....leading to finding...' as opposed to 'her safe return' but i dont think the reward should be increased just yet.

You are very quick I excellently hit post reply on my iPhone before I was finished

How big was the tapestry thing? Is it possible it went missing before Jenna? Not much has been speculated on it except for a recent post. Would somebody think it was valuable do you think Jenna bragged that it's valuable?

Also the reward states it is for the safe return of Jenna. If more than one person knows that Janice is not going to return safe they will not try to give tips because they will not get the reward. The reward should say $10,000 to any information leading to us finding Jenna. That way if somebody does she's deceased they can claim the reward
Subie agreed he had not noticed the tapestry missing until the Sunday when he went into the room it was in to wait for the police. He said it could have gone missing before Friday. IfJ took it then I would have thought she would also have taken the two other small pieces as well.

I agree with you about the reward wording.

Since I edited my post and other posts After that maybe you guys missed my post. What if the key to the story is the tapestry somebody was after The tapestry knew the parents would be out of town and didn't know Jenna would be in the house

I believe she did have the phone at some point or another. However, do we know whether she did or did not have it throughout the entire night? Does she still have them? I very well may have missed this info if it's been posted somewhere along the lines!
There has been no activity from the phones since the last text at 2a.m. on the 19th. See post number one for the source.

Since I edited my post and other posts After that maybe you guys missed my post. What if the key to the story is the tapestry somebody was after The tapestry knew the parents would be out of town and didn't know Jenna would be in the house
Then there would have been signs of a breakin. Doors were all locked. Unless the person knew Jenna and entered legally then locked up afterwards. Good questions.

That reminds me -
@Subie - Were J's keys to your parents house found in the car?

This dated to WWII and is more like a quilt applique (google khasamiya) table cover -photo of the frame and the side table pieces are shown earlier in the thread and family have said it is not valuable. It is not big - about 5ft x 2ft. I guess someone may have thought it was valuable though.

I don't believe that anyone would have thought that that tapestry was valuable enough to kill for, You can still find stuff like that in the tourist markets in Egypt. My sister has one very similar that she bought in Port Said on her way back to Australia in the seventies.

I wondered if it already had the crack in the glass which would have made it easier to remove. Presumably the tapestry wasn't found in the car when it was retrieved.

@HorseGuy

Retired Law Enforcement, good skills to have here at WS :)
I personally dont think the tapestry is the main focus/motive behind Jennas dissappearence. Do you have any other theories that you might like to share, having worked in LE?
I am stuck on the same theory that it is a staged runaway :-/

No blame on Jenna from me! If anything, I think she was used/forced/blackmailed into any nefarious activities.
Moo
God forbid - if she is no longer alive, bow hunting season is open in Georgia. Gun season opens in about month.
Sadly hunters and their dogs, come upon bodies in the woods every year.
I pray this is not the case and that she did leave on her own!
However as parent, ify child was deceased, I would want her back to have a service. There is never closure - but laying my child to rest would allow me to visit her and know she isn't suffering somewhere.
MOO
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members