GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell, there is no clear last known location.

Where would they search?

they found her car? Right?
what about that area?
near her home where she went missing?
thing is sadly no one knows much about her life after moving out.

It would be good to see some flyers on the Westside where her car wasn't found...haven't seen a single one. Th Walmart would be a great place to start...most of the flyers I saw that were out closer to her apartment/piedmont area have been removed.

Hello, i am a Friend of a Friend- and have been following your pages. My Dad has a backround in the NYPD and polygraphs so wanted to give my input- i think the tapestry is unrelated to Jenna's disappearance because it does not have a lot of monetary value and cannot be easily sold. I believe it may have had personal value to Jenna. What if she was looking at it and noticed that it was dirty or dusty and cleaned the glass and frame with windex, the glass had already been cracked and she easily pulled the piece off and then pulled the tapestry out. She noticed that it was old looking and brought it to the local dry cleaner to brighten it up as a surprise for her parents. This could have been done the day or before the day of her disappearance. I wonder if the police have gone to local dry cleaning stores with a picture of Jenna and the tapestry. This woukd explain the lack of fingerprints.

It would be good to see some flyers on the Westside where her car wasn't found...haven't seen a single one. Th Walmart would be a great place to start...most of the flyers I saw that were out closer to her apartment/piedmont area have been removed.
Thanks, we had given some to friends around there to put up. Will.get some around that area put up

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've been wondering where she went missing from, too. It would help a search to pin down a starting point. Was it her parents' house?

1. Someone brought her mom's car back to the house. Since she was driving it, it makes sense that she brought it back.
2. Passenger seat in her mom's car was pushed back but that doesn't mean the person came back with her. It could've been someone she was with earlier in the day.
3. If the person did come back with her, she was supposedly texting her friend at 2 a.m. as if she was alone (she didn't mention anyone was there), saying she was going to lay down.
4. What if the texting info was accurate and she really was going to sleep at her parents' house? What if the person who came back with her - or a person who borrowed her car and brought it back after she'd gone to bed - decided in an altered state that they'd take the tapestry (or accidentally knocked it and broke it)? They could've tried to do this without letting her know (maybe she was really sleeping) and she found out and it caused an argument. If she knew it's age and that it was a grandparent's from WWII, she probably knew that her parents would be upset if anything happened to it.

Or, she could've brought the car back earlier, switched to her car and went back out. If so, how do you find the last location without phone data or a sighting? Would she leave lights and TV on if planning to be out for several hours? I don't think cats appreciate TV. At least mine doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you subie I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

I know many feel the tapestry has no merit but there is something peculiar about it being missing.
One does not magically whip a tapestry out of its setting like the pulling a tablecloth from under dishes magic trick.

My guess is the frame would need to be taken down. Possibly the glass broke when the frame was lifted (or dropped).

I do not see someone going to the trouble of removing the tapestry for wrapping something as has been suggested. Unless there is some type of spiritual twist to this.

Subie, I know when I needed financial resources and felt uncomfortable about asking for money I sold things. For that matter, I have somethings that may look expensive to others but aren't. Has anyone checked eBay or Craig's list? Just trying to help. Thank you.

Subie, I know when I needed financial resources and felt uncomfortable about asking for money I sold things. For that matter, I have somethings that may look expensive to others but aren't. Has anyone checked eBay or Craig's list? Just trying to help. Thank you.

Or local antique type shops?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The only thing that gives me pause about this and the theft theories is the two matching pieces that were more easily accessible but not taken. One would think it would have been taken as a set.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I have a crack in the glass of my S3 phone screen almost exactly the same shape and angle as the one in the pic shown of the empty frame and remaining glass and I think it is a mishandling crack. The size and shape appears to have made it easy to remove the item IMO. Someone could have previously leant or fell against it or it could even have been cracked and unnoticeable, like the crack in my phone screen. Maybe even something thrown at someone else and hitting the picture by accident even? A burglar would just have smashed the whole frame to remove it IMO.

Exactly my thoughts, a burglar would have just taken it, crack it....throwing the frame in a corner, whatever....absolutely wouldn't have the need to stage, hang it back and cleaning the frame (from fingerprints, the glass)...and that is just my thing. Isn't it strange that somebody thought of that....upfront or after?....Ok, I can imagine that something happened to the frame/tapestry....and if you are staying in your parents house asking friends to come over on Thursday, having a party.. and something happened to the frame/tapestry (respecting your parents, maybe not wanting them to know your were having a party in their house, and also it's grandfather's thing) you would take it, clean it, if possible.....and trying to cover up the whole thing happened, and hoping the tapestry can be cleaned and put back afterwards (I would just have told my parents, except if I knew upfront the people I had invited wouldn't have my parents approval...I would get in trouble if they find out..I would have doubts ) And then Jenna is missing....Could somebody came back and cleaned the frame and the glass? Not logical...maybe only if you are afraid that thing will come out. Is there no friend visiting on Thursday who could say something about this? I'm getting more and more the feeling that so called friends are covering each other....

I'm still here, between Rosh Hashanah and a Wedding this weekend haven't had much time. I'm waiting more at this point to see what the police can say as Im out of theories at this point :/

Any new info from P.I. interviewing uber-girlfriend again about the time she took an uber-taxi? You said earlier she left 'the apartment' but I'm not sure what she mend with that....does it mean parent's house or another apartment...(Jenna's, parents house, somebody else's apartment....mutual friends apartment, POI?) I think this is important.

Any new info from P.I. interviewing uber-girlfriend again about the time she took an uber-taxi? You said earlier she left 'the apartment' but I'm not sure what she mend with that....does it mean parent's house or another apartment...(Jenna's, parents house, somebody else's apartment....mutual friends apartment, POI?) I think this is important.
Didn't happen, not sure whats going on in that regard

Why would they have been removed?

Hello, i am a Friend of a Friend- and have been following your pages. My Dad has a backround in the NYPD and polygraphs so wanted to give my input- i think the tapestry is unrelated to Jenna's disappearance because it does not have a lot of monetary value and cannot be easily sold. I believe it may have had personal value to Jenna. What if she was looking at it and noticed that it was dirty or dusty and cleaned the glass and frame with windex, the glass had already been cracked and she easily pulled the piece off and then pulled the tapestry out. She noticed that it was old looking and brought it to the local dry cleaner to brighten it up as a surprise for her parents. This could have been done the day or before the day of her disappearance. I wonder if the police have gone to local dry cleaning stores with a picture of Jenna and the tapestry. This woukd explain the lack of fingerprints.
Welcome Patty. That is interesting and would explain the missing piece. What do you think has happened to Jenna?

I've been wondering where she went missing from, too. It would help a search to pin down a starting point. Was it her parents' house?

1. Someone brought her mom's car back to the house. Since she was driving it, it makes sense that she brought it back.
2. Passenger seat in her mom's car was pushed back but that doesn't mean the person came back with her. It could've been someone she was with earlier in the day.
3. If the person did come back with her, she was supposedly texting her friend at 2 a.m. as if she was alone (she didn't mention anyone was there), saying she was going to lay down.
4. What if the texting info was accurate and she really was going to sleep at her parents' house? What if the person who came back with her - or a person who borrowed her car and brought it back after she'd gone to bed - decided in an altered state that they'd take the tapestry (or accidentally knocked it and broke it)? They could've tried to do this without letting her know (maybe she was really sleeping) and she found out and it caused an argument. If she knew it's age and that it was a grandparent's from WWII, she probably knew that her parents would be upset if anything happened to it.

Or, she could've brought the car back earlier, switched to her car and went back out. If so, how do you find the last location without phone data or a sighting? Would she leave lights and TV on if planning to be out for several hours? I don't think cats appreciate TV. At least mine doesn't.

Wouldn't LE or family be able to get the ping info from the phone providers? Certainly for the family plan T-
Mobile one and that is the one she was talking to the SC friend and sent the text from. Wouldn't that give a phone tower location? Do we have cell tower locations of the area between her apartment and her parent's house?
Also, because she had two phones, there's surely a better chance of locating her (or her phones) last locations.

Well I'm not sure but some places have a limit on how long things can be on their bullitin boards. For example Starbucks @ Monroe...I saw one there for a few weeks. But now it's gone.

Why would they have been removed?

This is really weird, why would somebody do this? (ok, I once missed my cat...sorry nothing alike..but I noticed the flyers were removed all the time, very annoying) But for the ...... of.....Who does this.....???!!

You pay the P.I. to do his/her thing...so what happened?
Don't know I just know my parents are working with a second p.i now. So I believe they are getting this new one caught up before doing the interviews

This is really weird, why would somebody do this? (ok, I once missed my cat...sorry nothing alike..but I noticed the flyers were removed all the time, very annoying) But for the ...... of.....Who does this.....???!!

Probably not purposefully removed. But since Jenna's disappearance we've had a hurricane here in Atlanta. Likely any outdoor flyers blew away in that storm so people would have had to have put new ones up. I saw a flyer for Jenna in the East Point area of Atlanta outdoors at a gas station about a week ago but it looked like at any moment it could blow away...

Don't know I just know my parents are working with a second p.i now. So I believe they are getting this new one caught up before doing the interviews

Thanks Subie, didn't want to be hard....Ok....but not very productive....you and your family must have reasons.. I leave it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qfemale