GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF this was trafficking, then she has ended up in a pipeline much like a sales pipeline. Moved from Atlanta to elsewhere, new name on new social media profiles reaching out to networks that none of us are connected to in our personal lives. There are several indicators, such as the violent mysterious boyfriend, the unstable living conditions, the lack of social awareness, the fact that it happened here in Atlanta (a huge trafficking hub due to the airport and such), etc. It would be terrible but is not out of the question.

All things considered, has anyone been checking places where such activities are advertised? WhatsApp, KIK, Snapchat, Plenty of Fish, Tinder, Adult Dating sites, Cam sites, the Dark Web (even though the silk road has been shut down, there are still other places), etc? You would need the tor browser and to do a little internet research but frankly the internet we see here is only like 10-15% of the internet.

Hi - what do you think of 'Ruth Jenna' on facebook matching her other phone name? I really think that she will be found with social media/ her phone
I do think it is possible she has used the name elsewhere and also other variations of her name. Why do that though?

I understand Jenna wore glasses but not all the time. Were these glasses found anywhere yet? E.g.in the retrieved car or her belongings in the suitcase or her items from her apartment or in the parents' house.
Did she need them for driving or reading? Has anyone contacted her optician to see when she last visited and also her doctor for the same reason? I know I would never be able to function without my glasses or contact lenses .(short sighted). It may be a good indicator ( if they cannot be found) that she may have left voluntarily, I am thinking.

I do think it is possible she has used the name elsewhere and also other variations of her name. Why do that though?

I have used alternate names on social media. It is sort of the norm. For whatever reason, many do it. Great thought.

I have used the following for example (maybe this will help):

First and middle name
First and middle of sisters' names
Different spelling of first name
Initials of first and middle then last name
Nickname
College name and year graduated
There is currently a case of a man you killed his wife on cold medicine (yeah right). Anyway, he has a list of social media pseudonyms that wouldn't hurt to look at to jog possible variations for Jenna.

You all get the idea. Same goes with passwords. Common known objects, meaningful things plus date, adding a special character at the end etc. [emoji364]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen people change their facebook name to avoid being traced, to keep things quiet, but still be able to communicate with certain groups via facebook since it's such a greatly used social media tool. I just had a facebook call with a lady in Canada via messenger, we talked for 1.5 hours - all free

How to get more leads- via Facebook
Here is a thought- Jenna has 555 friends on her account.
1. Someone who is her friend on facebook- (ie- Brother, Father etc) Take the current flyer and add a sentence at the top- " Update- ( current date) Jenna is still missing and we are heartbroken, please call the number on this flyer with any information about the case. Please share this flyer on your wall. I will be updating Jenna's wall periodically with updates, thanks a million!
This will take some time but private message each friend and attach the flyer.

2. Periodically place updates on her wall.

The reason to send the message is that not everyone see's Jenna's wall- but everyone will get the private message. This has to be done by someone who is a friend of Jenna's on Facebook. <modsnip>

Question- how can this idea be given to her Family? Does her Brother periodically check this site? Thanks and let me know your thoughts on this idea! Someone out there knows where she is and i pray for her safe return.

1. Someone who is her friend on facebook- (ie- Brother, Father etc) Take the current flyer and add a sentence at the top- " Update- ( current date) Jenna is still missing and we are heartbroken, please call the number on this flyer with any information about the case. Please share this flyer on your wall. I will be updating Jenna's wall periodically with updates, thanks a million!

The reason to send the message is that not everyone see's Jenna's wall- but everyone will get the private message. This has to be done by someone who is a friend of Jenna's on Facebook. <modsnip>

Question- how can this idea be given to her Family? Does her Brother periodically check this site? Thanks and let me know your thoughts on this idea! Someone out there knows where she is and i pray for her safe return.

I'm sure you can send a message to the Help Find Jenna Facebook page. That is run by the family & they're very responsive to messages!

Great idea. Subie checks this page every day AFAIK so will see your suggestions.

I want to mention the lease that was in Jenna's name for her apartment. Somebody mentioned that you need a job and income to get a lease so how did she obtain that lease? Did she get it while she still had her job at the pet store I wonder? Was it a joint lease with the roommate or only in her name? I understand she moved out of the family home in March/April time frame so when did the Lease begin? What name is the lease in? E.g. her real name or a similar one.
Knowing this may help with finding out what or where she is now because it seems the family knew nothing about this lease so could the same thing have happened and she is in another apartment now?

I try to post an update on her page every week now as well so more of her friends see

I want to mention the lease that was in Jenna's name for her apartment. Somebody mentioned that you need a job and income to get a lease so how did she obtain that lease? Did she get it while she still had her job at the pet store I wonder? Was it a joint lease with the roommate or only in her name? I understand she moved out of the family home in March/April time frame so when did the Lease begin? What name is the lease in? E.g. her real name or a similar one.
Knowing this may help with finding out what or where she is now because it seems the family knew nothing about this lease so could the same thing have happened and she is in another apartment now?
Could have had a co-signer

Timeline/casestory Jenna Van Gelderen missing including info from
August 14, 2017
  • Jenna became a member of Atlanta Housing group. On August 14, 2017, Jenna reacted on post of somebody asking for a roommate,planning to move in September 2017. Send me a message <name> ASAP. On questions about the neighborhood the girl’s post asking for a roommate; "Jenna was living right between those two areas (Buckhead and Midtown)”

• Regarding all the questions about the lease.
    If Jenna was part of Atlanta Housing doesn't that mean she gets supplements for housing based on her income?

Regarding all the questions about the lease.
If Jenna was part of Atlanta Housing doesn't that mean she gets supplements for housing based on her income?

It may have just been a Facebook group for locals in search of a place to live or a roommate, etc.

I don't think this was a post on the Housing Authority page.
MOO & I could be wrong! :)

Still not cleared up....was she or was she not on the lease. Le an Pi found out that she was....questions about this still open...what was the date on the contract....could there be a relation between events...person 1, 2 and 4. Why on the lease while she didn't have a room, even a bed...just a box full of clothes...no actual furniture in the apartment...roommate making things very difficult, wanting a warrant for the parents to get in....was roommate on the lease also.....he said it was just a temporary solution...ok...if this was the fact...why she was on the lease....Concerning... Was Jenna used again? I guess so.... so very sad....

It may have just been a Facebook group for locals in search of a place to live or a roommate, etc.

I don't think this was a post on the Housing Authority page.
MOO & I could be wrong! :)
I didn't think it was on the housing authority page, I thought the 2 were affiliated. The only thing I could find on "Atlanta Housing Group" is a non profit that helps those with lower income.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I didn't think it was on the housing authority page, I thought the 2 were affiliated. The only thing I could find on "Atlanta Housing Group" is a non profit that helps those with lower income.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There's an abundance of housing pages for Atlanta. From 'Atlanta GA Housing' to 'Atlanta House Search' to 'Houses/Roommates in Atlanta'....just to name a few. I don't think the actual page name was listed but I'm not 100% positive on that piece of info! :)

She either could have had a co-signer, or there was someone else on the lease. If you have multiple people on the lease they only care that combined income is at least 3 times the rent. If the other renter made enough money to qualify for the lease on their own, Jenna wouldn't have even had to provide any information about income. Another alternative is that some apartments will allow you to rent without validating income if you pay for a chunk of, or the entire lease up front in cash. If they were able to put down enough cash for the length of the lease, no one would have ever asked her to provide income information.

My point about the lease is she did this before (I.e. got a lease for an apartment without telling family) so she may have done the same again. Looking at that lease and seeing who issued it and co-signed or authorised it might give a lead as to where she is now if she uses the same people or organisations again. JMO.

Was she currently working? I don't know about there but here in Texas you have to make at least 3 times the rent to qualify for an apartment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I rent in Atlanta and have never had to show any employment info. Totally depends on the kind of apartment. In the bigger apartment buildings this kind of thing is usually required but not usually from independent landlords or smaller complexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966