GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fyi for non Atlantans .... It is not unusual to use Google maps for locations you know well or visit often. The traffic here is terrible all the time and so, many people use google maps (or Waze) everywhere they go in order to find the quickest route.

Let me ask this . For those on here that have helped with previous cases is it normal to not get frequent updates from Police ?
For us right now we usually get an update once a week, but sometimes really have to pry for it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
You and your family are your own best advocates. Unfortunately, it is quite normal not to get frequent updates from LE. However, from experience with victims in the criminal justice system in Georgia, you and your family might want to consider reaching out to both your local government officials as well as your state representatives. Place phone calls, write letters and do your best to get a one-on-one meeting with them. Explain your concerns with list of bullet points.

Political pressure often speeds up and increases communication in cases such as this. Additionally, the GBI can be brought into an investigation and empowered to make arrests at the request of a local government official. If you feel Jenna's case is better suited with the GBI, this is a route you may consider. Here is more information on how the local government can request the GBI enter into a case: https://investigative-gbi.georgia.gov/

If you are interested in locating your local and state representatives, please visit: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ and http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en-US/FindyourLegislator.aspx and https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/

If I can assist you in any way with this process, please doesn't hesitate to reach out.

Prayers for Jenna, you and your family.

app-facebook

Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta
3 hours ago

Missing Person: The Dekalb County Police Department is investigating the disappearance of Jenna Van Gelderen. Jenna was house sitting her parents home in the Emory/Druid Hills area of Dekalb County. The last time anyone had communications with her was the late hours of 8/18 into the early morning hours of 8/19. Jenna's car, a dark blue Mazda 6 with GA tag # PWH5902, was found on Defoor Pl in NW Atlanta on September 6th. Her family has raised money for her return, but Crime Stoppers is offering a #cashreward up to $7,000 for any information that would help investigators make an arrest in this case. If you know where Jenna can be found, or if you have information that would be helpful to investigators, please call Crime Stoppers at 404 577-TIPS(8477). All callers will remain anonymous

I was wondering if there were some searches coming up and if there was a plan to find some volunteers to post flyers again?

I don't remember if family or LE had dogs out at the house or at the spot where Jenna's car was located, but it is never too late for a SAR group to come through and look.

I can imagine that between a search, a Crimestoppers reward and more posters there is a real chance to get some good information on her disappearance.

Thank you, girly- what a kind, informative, and accurate post. We need more of you!

Subie and friends/family- to add to that sentiment, SAR and missing persons groups, private, public, and volunteer based may need to be aggressively reached out to. There are a great deal of resources available in your area of the country....please don't hesitate to ask for help in the form of links to resources, if that is what you would like or need.
Thinking of Jenna, and praying for a safe return.

Thanks believe09, I was just getting ready to ask those questions myself!

Could this possibly imply LE has learned new info leading them to believe Jenna missing is a result of a crime having been committed??

I can’t help but to think otherwise, if the only means of someone receiving the reward is to provide info that results in an arrest & conviction.
Thats what i was trying to say [emoji4] that is how i have interpreted the reward info.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Is there any chance that Jenna might be pregnant i wonder? If the father might not have wanted anything to do with her and she was too scared to tell her family, she may have disappeared in some manner. Just thinking out loud and trying to find new possible scenarios.

Is there any chance that Jenna might be pregnant i wonder? If the father might not have wanted anything to do with her and she was too scared to tell her family, she may have disappeared in some manner. Just thinking out loud and trying to find new possible scenarios.

<modsnip> I wonder if there is any hint in the recording? Also, would her doctor be able to divulge confidential info if that was available?

Just fyi for non Atlantans .... It is not unusual to use Google maps for locations you know well or visit often. The traffic here is terrible all the time and so, many people use google maps (or Waze) everywhere they go in order to find the quickest route.
I find the maps invaluable in cases like this to see the areas discussed. Street view also being really helpful.

Question for ya'll...I read back through the entire thread and couldn't find the initial incident/missing person report posted anywhere. Do we have a copy of that somewhere? I'd like to see how it was written up- sometimes it's a good idea to go back to the very beginning and read the reporting officer(s) words, as well as the witness(s) and/or victims. TIA.

Question for ya'll...I read back through the entire thread and couldn't find the initial incident/missing person report posted anywhere. Do we have a copy of that somewhere? I'd like to see how it was written up- sometimes it's a good idea to go back to the very beginning and read the reporting officer(s) words, as well as the witness(s) and/or victims. TIA.
There never was one, not that i have seen and i have been here from day 1 :-/

Thank you Stanly. Perhaps we can get one up? I believe WS may have a copy, maybe a mod knows. Alternately, perhaps subie has one.

There never was one, not that i have seen and i have been here from day 1 :-/

The only thing I have seen from Dekaulb is the original missing poster.

<modsnip> I wonder if there is any hint in the recording? Also, would her doctor be able to divulge confidential info if that was available?
I think LE can request medical records if there is a suspicion that you have been a victim of a crime. So, if they thought her disappearance is due to a crime, then yes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think LE can request medical records if there is a suspicion that you have been a victim of a crime. So, if they thought her disappearance is due to a crime, then yes.

It sounds like they do maybe suspect a crime based on Crimestoppers now being involved so perhaps that has been done.

Subie, has there been any progress on planned searches?

It sounds like they do maybe suspect a crime based on Crimestoppers now being involved so perhaps that has been done.
Probably worth the family asking this and providing doctor info to the extent they know it. I think even if they think any medical information is relevant to a missing persons case they can request it. Certainly I would think the info about how her ASD impacts her life would be relevant and I think any time a female goes missing a check with her OBGYN may provide useful information about pregnancies, signs of sexual trauma, etc.

Obviously the house, gardens and garage were searched straightaway by LE and K9's right? And maybe parts of EU that the house backs on to?

In the beginning there was a flyer and the facebookpage Find Jenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966