GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive down the road it was found all the time. Unless someone complained about the car, it would not likely have been noticed or an issue. It's free street parking and plenty of it there. No street cleaning here...

Georgia is a one party consent state
Why/how is this relevant? Having googled, I now understand. It means only one party to a taped conversation needs to agree to it being recorded, so it may have been recorded without one party's knowledge, but would still be legal.

TY for the response. That is surprising. Don't they need recordings for prosecutions?

I was surprised, too. You see cameras all over. It would've saved me a ton of time and aggravation. Apparently, they don't record for the same reason others have mentioned. It costs too much for them to store it. The woman I spoke to said they just use them to see traffic patterns.

Maybe there can be traffic light cameras but I never hear of anyone getting those tickets anymore. I guess either way, they're only useful if someone is running the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only conversation that could have been recorded to reveal Jenna's plans would be the SC one imo. So this could mean it was with the knowledge of that friend and possibly Jenna too. I am hoping this means Jenna may be safe, if that is the case. Is that likely?

I wondered if someone could have returned her mom's car and retrieved hers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I drive down the road it was found all the time. Unless someone complained about the car, it would not likely have been noticed or an issue. It's free street parking and plenty of it there. No street cleaning here...

That is very useful information and without camera evidence to the contrary, it actually could have been there since she disappeared.

Privately obtained from a friend of hers. I cannot comment any more on it right now other than she spoke with this person around 1030 that night about upcoming plans that night before heading home .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I am thinking this has been set up somehow. What with the backpage ad, the found then not found, the car being found days before details were released, this "new" recording, the delay obtaining phone data, fingerprints not being taken; plus the "missing" tapestry, the disappearing flyers, not knowing whether keys were in the car or not, not knowing where Jenna lived, no details of the gas station purchases, vagueness of even knowing when Jenna was last spoken to or seen seemingly, I am finding this all very strange. The police cannot be this bad at an investigation plus with also two PI's, and a VI, I am not going to be surprised if there are more surprises still to come.

I am thinking this has been set up somehow. What with the backpage ad, the found then not found, the car being found days before details were released, this "new" recording, the delay obtaining phone data, fingerprints not being taken; plus the "missing" tapestry, the disappearing flyers, not knowing whether keys were in the car or not, not knowing where Jenna lived, no details of the gas station purchases, vagueness of even knowing when Jenna was last spoken to or seen seemingly, I am finding this all very strange. The police cannot be this bad at an investigation plus with also two PI's, and a VI, I am not going to be surprised if there are more surprises still to come.
Let me ask this . For those on here that have helped with previous cases is it normal to not get frequent updates from Police ?
For us right now we usually get an update once a week, but sometimes really have to pry for it.

Let me ask this . For those on here that have helped with previous cases is it normal to not get frequent updates from Police ?
For us right now we usually get an update once a week, but sometimes really have to pry for it.

Weekly updates via a family liaison officer sound normal to me. But then I'm not in Atlanta, or even in the states.

Pretty sure that's normal, unfortunately. Specifically, I've seen that in the Julia Jacobson case out of San Diego recently and many other cases. The biggest difference I see here is that LE does not seem to be taking this as seriously or at least, they didn't early on. They also seem to be missing a lot of stuff. This is one of the most poorly handled cases I've seen in terms of LE. Maybe they're doing more than we realize but it seems like they should be putting pressure on Jenna's friends for info.

Same exact thing happened to me in December here in Atlanta. They took most of my stuff though but left random things...that was probably bc it was Christmas time and they were selling my stuff off. But the car smelled so so strong of weed I had to replace the air filter...was found parked on a quiet street in a sketchy area. I think they just used it to joy ride and hot box...it was found less than 48 hours later...

BBM
Oy, Jbunnatl, I cannot stand to be around that nasty skunk weed chronic. It just makes me sick. Sorry that happened to you and your poor car, but I'm happy to read it was your car and not you. :hug:

Subie, your beautiful Jenna, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.
Where are you, Jenna?

Shalom Aleikhem

Is it know yet who was paying the phone bill on her secondary Metro PCS phone?

Subie-
Can you confirm whether the FBI is currently active on this case? Can you confirm whether they have been involved for some time on this case (close to inception)?

The owner of that phone number said he was supposed to meet Jenna that night but she never showed. So it's not a totally random number.

And the changes of a phone dialing all the exact numbers of an other account are small. A pocket dial appears usually when you have somebody's number in your contact list. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is her wallet/debit card not missing? I assumed they went missing when she did along with the phone.

• VIWe also know now her ID / credit cards How come…she had only debit cards? were in the car Per VI, T2 # 920 Per Vi, T2 # 971: She onlyhad a debit card. No credit cards at this current time nor have any been openedthat we can find.
    • About questions what was or was not in her car: Per VI T2 #976: Purse / day bag yes found in car. We askedabout the keys yesterday and the Chief said he needed to check again. Per VI T2# 980: Both < <housekeys parents and car-keys> she had them on a lanyard. From Subie yesterday: Keys have not been located yet as from what we know, so they are missing as well

• Butso far with her car. Almost all of her belongings are in the car. After shemoved out she had pretty much been keeping everything in the trunk (clothes,shoes, day bags etc) all inthe car except her wallet and phones . Did find a digital voice recorderthough that she had from school to study and a pocket taser in her day bag. Notsure on those maybe she use the recorder recently, batteries dead though. T2#441 VI.

And because her ID was found in the car and her parents kept her passport in the bank, I already posted the following questions:

Thinking about the ID

Just some questions, about how things work in America/Georgia. How easy is it to get a new ID? If you have, for example, still your drivers license and you would lie about loosing your ID, would it be possible to get a new ID? If you don't have an ID in what kind of trouble would you get and what could you do to prevent that?

If you found the right papers/code in parents house would it be somehow possible to get your passport from the parents safe at the bank? Using your drivers license with parents address on it? Guess not, just to be sure.....

• VIWe also know now her ID / credit cards How come…she had only debit cards? were in the car Per VI, T2 # 920 Per Vi, T2 # 971: She onlyhad a debit card. No credit cards at this current time nor have any been openedthat we can find.
    • About questions what was or was not in her car: Per VI T2 #976: Purse / day bag yes found in car. We askedabout the keys yesterday and the Chief said he needed to check again. Per VI T2# 980: Both < <housekeys parents and car-keys> she had them on a lanyard. From Subie yesterday: Keys have not been located yet as from what we know, so they are missing as well

• Butso far with her car. Almost all of her belongings are in the car. After shemoved out she had pretty much been keeping everything in the trunk (clothes,shoes, day bags etc) all inthe car except her wallet and phones . Did find a digital voice recorderthough that she had from school to study and a pocket taser in her day bag. Notsure on those maybe she use the recorder recently, batteries dead though. T2#441 VI.

And because her ID was found in the car and her parents kept her passport in the bank, I already posted the following questions:

Thinking about the ID

Just some questions, about how things work in America/Georgia. How easy is it to get a new ID? If you have, for example, still your drivers license and you would lie about loosing your ID, would it be possible to get a new ID? If you don't have an ID in what kind of trouble would you get and what could you do to prevent that?

If you found the right papers/code in parents house would it be somehow possible to get your passport from the parents safe at the bank? Using your drivers license with parents address on it? Guess not, just to be sure.....

"We also know now her id/credit cards were in the car" she had no credit cards just debit card... so was the debit card in the car ? It still isn't clear. Her purse and day bag were in the car but no wallet and phones. Keys are missing too.
Was car locked when found?

Hoping this recording may hold some clues and wondering how long it has been in LE or family possession.
Also hoping phone info is now available.

Also, has Jenna's doctor or optician been interviewed to see when she last visited and what address they have for her?

Hi subie-the longer this goes on the harder it is to wait for information any information. :(

Unfortunately in the time frame that has passed since Jenna disappeared, there have been probably several more cases that have arrive on the desks of the detectives who are working hers. This doesn't mean they aren't giving her their best, but there is a chance that there are other families relying on them for answers as well.

Are the police providing access to the investigation to your PI's?

Thanks to everyone who provided prospective regarding Jenna's car-it never occurred to me that the car might have been used for other purposes. I say that because I am assuming there was some kind of APB on it when subie reported it missing with her. That would certainly increase the risk if someone was driving around in it. Maybe I am naïve in that way-I suppose Atlanta PD has daily lists of stolen vehicles so maybe it is unlikely anyone would notice her car if someone was driving around in it who wasn't her.

Okay, this sounds silly, but... is there any possibility that Jenna is still inside the house? Incapacitated somehow? In a basement or attic? Was a search done? Since the car was missing at first, it may have been assumed that she was missing with the car. I know this sounds crazy, so be kind to me! But... I'm trying to get back to the basics here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990