GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the changes of a phone dialing all the exact numbers of an other account are small. A pocket dial appears usually when you have somebody's number in your contact list. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you tend to pocket dial the last person that called you, the last person you called or a random person in your contact list. My sister pocket dials me all the time after we have talked. I always think she forgot to say something and then find I'm listening to her walking into work or talking to her kids, etc. She has an iPhone.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Okay, this sounds silly, but... is there any possibility that Jenna is still inside the house? Incapacitated somehow? In a basement or attic? Was a search done? Since the car was missing at first, it may have been assumed that she was missing with the car. I know this sounds crazy, so be kind to me! But... I'm trying to get back to the basics here.

I'll be good to you.....nothing is impossible....

I am going to ponder one more thing and then I will sit back and hope for some updates...

I came into this late, but I wonder if Jenna's petite height would make it easy to mistake her for a very young adult?

I think you tend to pocket dial the last person that called you, the last person you called or a random person in your contact list. My sister pocket dials me all the time after we have talked. I always think she forgot to say something and then find I'm listening to her walking into work or talking to her kids, etc. She has an iPhone.

Yep. My dad does this pretty much every time we hang up with each other. BUT I also have a history of occasionally pocket dialing totally random people in my contacts.

Am I misremembering this or weren't there 2 pocket dials from the same number? I can't remember. BUT I also wonder if they possibly meant to call Jenna and when she didn't answer they thought they hung up but didn't, hence the voicemail.

"We also know now her id/credit cards were in the car" she had no credit cards just debit card... so was the debit card in the car ? It still isn't clear. Her purse and day bag were in the car but no wallet and phones. Keys are missing too.
Was car locked when found?

Hoping this recording may hold some clues and wondering how long it has been in LE or family possession.
Also hoping phone info is now available.

Also, has Jenna's doctor or optician been interviewed to see when she last visited and what address they have for her?

I believe it was later clarified/the family was given information that her wallet with id and debit card WERE in the car. I can't recall if the keys were or not. To get a replacement license in GA, you can do it online, but it would be sent to her current address (her parents', in this case), or you can go in person with documents (social security card, passport, birth certificate, voter registration card, etc.). I would imagine there would be a record of this, though. To do an address change or similar, you would need proof of residency via two documents, either in person or online, with the new id coming in 10 business days if online.

To those wondering if she could be mistaken for a younger person, my feeling based on photos is no. Most of her photos show her with make-up, but one from the family, from her Google Hangouts, seems to be clean-faced, and I would say she looks 25. Her build is not that of a typical young teen.

The recording with her plans--I wonder if maybe a voicemail or snapchat or something like that? Something Jenna innocently recorded herself or maybe her friend did. Especially if they were going to a party or event, maybe. I don't think it would necessarily be an illicit, weird thing.

My son and brother do this all the time....

Yep. My dad does this pretty much every time we hang up with each other. BUT I also have a history of occasionally pocket dialing totally random people in my contacts.

Am I misremembering this or weren't there 2 pocket dials from the same number? I can't remember. BUT I also wonder if they possibly meant to call Jenna and when she didn't answer they thought they hung up but didn't, hence the voicemail.

Yes, two pocket dials from the same number....11.00 and 11.50

There are definitely some checks in getting an official license. I will say it is not hard to get a fake id though. My students were fairly open regarding their habits and I caught 2 in the gas station at the corner of defoor and collier buying beer. I'm sure if a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds can figure it out, anyone can.

I am going to ponder one more thing and then I will sit back and hope for some updates...

I came into this late, but I wonder if Jenna's petite height would make it easy to mistake her for a very young adult?
I'm 4'11" & would say that's a definite yes. Even at 46 that still happens (if I have sunglasses on so my wrinkles are hidden lol)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm 4'11" & would say that's a definite yes. Even at 46 that still happens (if I have sunglasses on so my wrinkles are hidden lol)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I’m 5’3 & have a 6’2 16yo son. When we go any place, everyone thinks I’m his girlfriend. When I go to his school, I’ve been asked for my hall pass several times!!

Point being, even at 5’3 & mid 30s, if I’m mistaken for a high school aged ‘child’ I’m sure Jenna could be/ have been, as well!

Whenever I've had a "pocket dial" there has been conversation/music, etc. in the background that gives me the impression that it was accidental and the person didn't know the phone was recording.

How do we know that this person didn't intentionally try to call her at those times? Subie said at one point that he might have made those calls because she didn't show to meet him (he was the guy who asked her to meet him closer to her apartment/Lindbergh). If that's the case, they aren't pocket dials. They are intentional calls. Which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been just lurking here.. and I just want to point out this is a great point!

If I was supposed to meet a friend, and she didn't show, I would intentionally call her to find out where she is... not pocket dial her (unless of course, it was an accident to call) but even then, I would have intentionally called to see where she was if she hadn't shown.

If he called it a pocket dial, that makes him (in my opinion) look even more guilty because maybe she was with him, he had ill intentions, and he called her intentionally, making it look like he wasn't with her. Hmmmmmm. But then why call it a pocket dial? Wouldn't you want people to think you were actually trying to reach her?

It was good, there is one a couple pages back and one even further back, the connections are crazy. After you read it, let me know what you think?
There are obviously legit businesess that may or may not have illegal activity going on ( non consensual or underage sexual activity, drugs, prostitution, trafficking etc) I do not doubt that at all and find it abhorrent. Strip clubs, and massage parlours, entertainment and party hosting venues are presumably on LE radar. What I am doubting is how involved J may have been with this. E.g. at one time I thought she may have been driving friends to work at such places (bar work or strippers or dancers for example) so earning a bit of cash and being on the periphery maybe. I still think that is a possibility. I do doubt that she has been trafficked or prostituted because I believe her friends would know and would help. I am worried she may have come to harm, a victim of car jacking or even some sort of altercation or fight with someone she knew, who is covering up. Then again, I think she may have disappeared for personal reasons with help from someone. The eclipse party is certainly a possibility for any of these things to have happened. :cow:

yes, she was young and small, and good looking, what do you mean? Taken by traffickers? As I said before....anything goes (this sound very ugly) but I'm sure (I don't believe actually this happened to Jenna, but it could be) that in her age range there are "costumers" who would like her..<modsnip> Yes....there would (don't get me wrong....I'm disgusted with the whole trafficking thing) be men that would like her on the "menu"....

Whenever I've had a "pocket dial" there has been conversation/music, etc. in the background that gives me the impression that it was accidental and the person didn't know the phone was recording.

How do we know that this person didn't intentionally try to call her at those times? Subie said at one point that he might have made those calls because she didn't show to meet him (he was the guy who asked her to meet him closer to her apartment/Lindbergh). If that's the case, they aren't pocket dials. They are intentional calls. Which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the first was intentional and the second a pocket dial. First I heard of these was when Subie mentioned them. I don't remember the caller saying they were pocket dials. They could also be calls made to establish an alibi perhaps if anything had happened . JMO.

Was wondering if any searches are going ahead as discussed last week and as mentioned as a possibility by Subie?

5000 from go fund me going to crime stoppers who will match 2000 as a reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction. Per Facebook page.

5000 from go fund me going to crime stoppers who will match 2000 as a reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction. Per Facebook page.
Arrest & conviction in what respect i wonder? Its looking like they have evidence to show that she did not walk away if someone has to be held liable for her disappearence.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Arrest & conviction in what respect i wonder? Its looking like they have evidence to show that she did not walk away if someone has to be held liable for her disappearence.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I have been off the grid for a while, but IIRC the language associated with Crimestoppers is SOP. Rewards are a tricky thing-they can bring good info and they can bring out the crazies. It is always wise to set parameters for them as they are legally binding pledges.

My thought regarding Jenna's petite frame is that witnesses who may have seen her might have believed they saw a child or young adult so it isn't clicking. It might help tease out some folks if they had a better sense of her height compared to other people in her circle, kwim?

Some other options to help identify her and her belongings...I know that shoes aren't listed on her NAMUS profile, but did she have an unusual shoe size? That might help some as well.

Could this possibly imply LE has learned new info leading them to believe Jenna missing is a result of a crime having been committed??

I can’t help but to think otherwise, if the only means of someone receiving the reward is to provide info that results in an arrest & conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigLemon