GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not exactly accurate, that the family has strongly denied that she was prostituting. It is true that they strongly denied that Subie told the police that she was a prostitute. It is also true that Subie said, in thread #1, post #226, "they took my quote out of context on the prostituting part. I never said she was doing that. Only we had heard earlier this year she *may* have been. No confirmation "

As far as I can recall through these threads, Subie has never denied that J may have been prostituting. He also has indicated a number of times that trafficking was a concern. Thread#1 post#160 "Definitely looking at this now from a trafficking standpoint."

Obviously, the family is privy to lots of information that they haven't and should not share, and lots of information has been exchanged since those early posts. I certainly haven't read anything, though, that would appear to indicate that trafficking is not a strong possibility.

Hoping for the best for the family and for Jenna.
This is my opinion. It may not be accurate. I will await further Family and LE info, specifically phone location data and updates.

Subie,

Is there any kind of eta on the release of the contents of that recording?

Subie,

Is there any kind of eta on the release of the contents of that recording?
What exactly is the recording? LE, privately obtained, legally obtained did the recorded party know they were being recorded? What is going on here?

Not that it really matter but she has a Dutch surname. So many missing person cases up here. Its heartbreaking.

Georgia is a one party consent state

What exactly is the recording? LE, privately obtained, legally obtained did the recorded party know they were being recorded? What is going on here?
Privately obtained from a friend of hers. I cannot comment any more on it right now other than she spoke with this person around 1030 that night about upcoming plans that night before heading home .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Privately obtained from a friend of hers. I cannot comment any more on it right now other than she spoke with this person around 1030 that night about upcoming plans that night before heading home .

Can i ask why it was recorded? It isnt normal to record a convo so i wonder what triggered it?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Subie,

If you know and are willing/able to share, can you tell with us when the Metro PCS account was opened? And, by any chance, were all Metro payments made with cash versus a card?

Thanks!

Nothing yet unfortunately. We have a second pi now re working the case and re interviewing people. My father spoke with the chief and questioned if they should turn the case over to the GBI, they are not willing yet. The police now have additional detectives on the case as well .

However some of you saw the other day that my dad had posted of a recording that night. I cannot speak much on this yet until police speak with this friend who recorded the conversation. It just gives us some general info on her plans that night.

Regarding the gas stations we really don't know what's up with them right now. That's part of the interviews with some of these people she hung out with .

TY subie. So the second PI is going over ground already covered by LE and first PI? Does the first PI have a new focus?

PI's can be very expensive-I hope you receive some real results from the second PI.

Following the LE info listed on NAMUS, Jenna's last seen was 8/19 at her parents house.

I wonder if so much of the rest of this is simply a distraction from some of these facts-I have been so caught up in the minutiae myself...I am trying to regroup and see a bigger picture.

I am stuck on the cars, tbh. I am stuck on the return of her car and why. Easy enough to sell it, give it away or chop shop. It is bizarre to me that it turned up at all, much less with her suitcase in it.

It is for me IMO

Regardless of statistics in Atlanta, and no i am not from there so this is just MO, she does not fit the criteria. As per my previous i dont think you can base the theory simpky on someones comnent that 2 missed calks were from an account linked to trafficking or references to pimping. What people should be asking is how is it linked to trafficking? There is no backpage ad, the rumours were quashed. If you weigh up all the evidence towards trafficking there isnt anything that could convince me personally. It might well be the case...none of us know for certain... but there needs to be hard evidence to convince me not just links to statistics and being told that not being an Atlantan (is that a word?), we dont have a clue how big the issue is. Yes, it might be a HUGE worrying issue there but that does not necessarily mean that this is the case here.

Like i said, it might well be the case and as much as i can read about it won't help until we have evidence from LE or the family.

I understand your points, and I am not disagreeing. I will say that one of many cases I have seen involved a sweet teenage girl from a southern state who met up with a guy she was chatting with on social media. At their first meeting, she was taken and ended up in Chicago being trafficked on CL. Before she even knew what happened to her. She was returned to her very grateful mother alive and well and she was thrilled to have been rescued. There isn't always a high risk lifestyle associated with this.

I will table it until we hear more.

If it were just the return of her car and her suitcase, I would be tempted to believe she is with someone who helped her walk away.

I understand your points, and I am not disagreeing. I will say that one of many cases I have seen involved a sweet teenage girl from a southern state who met up with a guy she was chatting with on social media. At their first meeting, she was taken and ended up in Chicago being trafficked on CL. Before she even knew what happened to her. She was returned to her very grateful mother alive and well and she was thrilled to have been rescued. There isn't always a high risk lifestyle associated with this.

I will table it until we hear more.
There is a very fine line between thinking someone is in love with you and being used leading to trafficking. I get that, i really do. I just think there are so many 'odd' details that might be overlooked. It appears she didnt leave voluntarily (though i could be wrong) yet, if she left involuntarily so much care was taken to conceal any evidence. It looks to me like a staged runaway but by whom and the motive isnt quite known. I just think too much care was taken for it to be trafficking. Its a lot of hassle to have gone through. Argh! I don't know....

Following the LE info listed on NAMUS, Jenna's last seen was 8/19 at her parents house.

I wonder if so much of the rest of this is simply a distraction from some of these facts-I have been so caught up in the minutiae myself...I am trying to regroup and see a bigger picture.

I am stuck on the cars, tbh. I am stuck on the return of her car and why. Easy enough to sell it, give it away or chop shop. It is bizarre to me that it turned up at all, much less with her suitcase in it.
I was thinking about the NAMUS posting as well. If her last known location was the house and the unidentified occupant was with her, IMO this unidentified person came to house without a car and one of two scenarios occurred:

(1) This person left in Jenna's car with Jenna voluntarily going along (maybe to a late night gathering or club)
(2) This person left in Jenna's car without Jenna voluntarily accompanying them

IMO the car was used to either reach their joint final destination that night or, more than likely, IMO was left there in a higher crime area in hopes that it would be stolen and that would cause an even further delay in circling back to the unidentified person. I can only wonder how long the car was actually parked on Defoor Place.

It is also possible that the people involved in Jenna's disappearance were hoping that it would appear as though she disappeared of her own accord.

There were a fair amount of car thefts in the area. The neighborhood patrol recently reported they're down 50-60% though. It may be that the car was used in another crime. That's fairly common. That cars are stolen, used to steal something or rob a store or do whatever and then dumped. That could be the reason they didn't care about anything being left in the car. They did what they needed to do and dumped it.

Don't discount that her car may have been driven there by a male friend (with Jenna in the passenger seat), in order to visit one of the event venues in the area. There is no proof that it had not been there since 8/19 although it was only found on 9/5. It is possible that she disappeared from that location and that the friend had already left with someone else and whoever was involved in the disappearance simply did not know about the car.

Also she may well have gone home to charge her phones or see the cat and not necessarily to switch cars.

Another food for thought. She could well have picked up "Pocket Dial" male in Lindbergh and that they drove around awhile and then went back to her parent's house before heading out again. Those calls could well have been made when they were together. I am sure LE has listened carefully to the voicemails for what was going on in the background. If not, they should.

My thoughts were the recorded conversation was probably a saved Snapchat or something like that...

There were a fair amount of car thefts in the area. The neighborhood patrol recently reported they're down 50-60% though. It may be that the car was used in another crime. That's fairly common. That cars are stolen, used to steal something or rob a store or do whatever and then dumped. That could be the reason they didn't care about anything being left in the car. They did what they needed to do and dumped it.

I was thinking the same thing. My college roommates car was stolen from right in front of our apartment. LE found it a week or so later in a high crime area (we also lived in a sketchy area). All of her personal belongings were still inside which shocked us. The police told her it’s common to recover a stolen car that has all of the owners belongings still inside, untouched. Because a lot of times the perps steak the car as a getaway car and dump the car on a side street and run. They don’t care about the belongings, they care about getting away from the other crime they just committed asap.

What are the street cleaning rules where her car was found? When I lived in the city (not Atlanta) cars had to be moved once a week for street cleaning. If you forgot to move your car, you’d get ticketed. So maybe if there are alternate side parking rules for street cleaning where her car was found, it could tell us how long her car was there for.

Same exact thing happened to me in December here in Atlanta. They took most of my stuff though but left random things...that was probably bc it was Christmas time and they were selling my stuff off. But the car smelled so so strong of weed I had to replace the air filter...was found parked on a quiet street in a sketchy area. I think they just used it to joy ride and hot box...it was found less than 48 hours later...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966