GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am with you. Her last seen on NAMUS, which was entered by LE I believe, is 8/19. So someone saw her on 8/19.

I am confused by the Saturday morning timeline, but I am confused by Friday's as well. Dear kitty needed meds twice on Friday correct? VI in the morning and vet tech at 2PM?

Did dear kitty receive meds twice a day the whole time or just on Friday?

A tightened timeline would be very welcome.

I thought you guys were on to something with the Uber driver idea-thank you to VI for ruling it out, but it was brilliant.
I suggested J may have been driving friends around for cash unofficially, for their jobs etc . She may have lent her car out for cash too which is why she wasn't ever seen in it. JMO. (especially as insurance had not been renewed and expired 1 August as per Subie). Would explain the seat position too.
Cat had meds twice a day on Fri and Sat. The vet could not get in on the Sat p.m. as there was no answer. Alerted Subie who was at a wedding. AFAIK he didn't go to let the vet in but went to the house on Sunday. Presumably cat didn't get the meds Sat.p.m. but am not sure about that really.

Could someone remind me do we actually have a POI confirmed by LE? I remember someone being referred to but we couldn't use his name. Has anything changed about that does anyone know?

And I would be questioning every single one of the people she was in contact with- repeatedly, as well as checking out their every move. Mr Western Union should be in jail imo, for preying on a person with a disability and extortion. I have a 25 yr old son with similar issues- and there is 0 possibility to me that she took off-0.
We can only hope LE are on it. Still wondering about the recording and phone pings too.
One thing I don't understand is that Subie last spoke by phone with J on Friday p.m. yet she wasn't declared missing till Sunday and the tapestry wasn't noticed as missing till Sunday either. Did family or anyone else try to call her at all after Friday p.m. thru the weekend? Why wasn't she reported missing sooner?
Has the lead re the apartment in Morningside been checked out by LE ?

Thinking of Jenna and her family. Praying she's home soon.

I'm not sure why anyone would have thought Jenna was missing before she was reported missing. I don't see anything that would have sent up flares or red flags stating there was a problem before then.

VI went to the home on Sat morning to give the cat it's meds. Jenna wasn't there, but she's an adult who was living on her own. It's not a leap to think she had been out somewhere with friends, had gone to get breakfast, gas or who knows what innocent reason for her not being at her parent's home. But she wasn't. VI wasn't thinking something had happened. VI was there to give the cat it's meds. VI leaves and has plans for later that day and the next.

Sometimes I think we see things different, because we sleuth true crime. But there's many people who do not, and do not think there's immediately a problem when someone is missing. Their lives are innocent until they are thrust into now having a missing loved one. Their lives will be forever changed. Their perception will be altered now.

Thinking of Jenna and her family. Praying she's home soon.

I'm not sure why anyone would have thought Jenna was missing before she was reported missing. I don't see anything that would have sent up flares or red flags stating there was a problem before then.

VI went to the home on Sat morning to give the cat it's meds. Jenna wasn't there, but she's an adult who was living on her own. It's not a leap to think she had been out somewhere with friends, had gone to get breakfast, gas or who knows what innocent reason for her not being at her parent's home. But she wasn't. VI wasn't thinking something had happened. VI was there to give the cat it's meds. VI leaves and has plans for later that day and the next.

Sometimes I think we see things different, because we sleuth true crime. But there's many people who do not, and do not think there's immediately a problem when someone is missing. Their lives are innocent until they are thrust into now having a missing loved one. Their lives will be forever changed. Their perception will be altered now.
I think the fact that she wasnt answering the door to the pre-planned vet visit, nobody could get hold of her on her phone, when her brother went in the house was in 'disarray', lights and tv were on and car was notably missing. She spoke to her mum twice a day IIRC or at least every day and her dad has said the family knew where she was and who she was with.... i would say they are red flags to me considering how vulnerable we are told she is and there were signs of her having had people over. However, we only know what we know and we all act in different ways. I have 2 sisters and if i was in the same situation i might have done the same but had it been my brother then i would be concerned as he is much more vulnerable than my sisters.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I suggested J may have been driving friends around for cash unofficially, for their jobs etc . She may have lent her car out for cash too which is why she wasn't ever seen in it. JMO. (especially as insurance had not been renewed and expired 1 August as per Subie). Would explain the seat position too.
Cat had meds twice a day on Fri and Sat. The vet could not get in on the Sat p.m. as there was no answer. Alerted Subie who was at a wedding. AFAIK he didn't go to let the vet in but went to the house on Sunday. Presumably cat didn't get the meds Sat.p.m. but am not sure about that really.

Who gave the meds in the AM on Saturday? The VI?

I am going back to re read the timeline for sure. Because now I am confused as to when the house was found in disarray-before or after Sat PM vet visit?

Who gave the meds in the AM on Saturday? The VI?

I am going back to re read the timeline for sure. Because now I am confused as to when the house was found in disarray-before or after Sat PM vet visit?
IIRC the vet turned up sat and couldnt get in and no answer so called Jennas brother. He came to the house but left again. The cat went without meds on sat morning and afternoon.

August 19,Saturday
•Brothercalled at around 9:30 am to Jenna.I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang then went tovoice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in.
•Thevet/assistant came to the house Saturday morning at ? a.m., Jenna not there anddoor was locked. She had told both of us she was going to be around all weekendPer VI - Thread #1, post #815 He <the vet> tried to callJenna and the phone was dead. Alsono voicemail anymore? At what time did the vet arrived at the parent’s house oralarmed brother and parents The door was locked and he <the vet>? I wassupposed to come by only that Saturday a.m, is this a mix up in days ? but not the rest of theweekend due to other plans Per VI - Thread #1, post #1100. We didn't know thatmorning she was missing for sure . My parents and I both got calls from the vetassistant that he wasn't able to get in and her phone was now dead.
•Brothergoes to parents house, arrives there at 10.30 am (Per VI - Thread #1, post#160), to give the cat meds. (from flyer and posts brother) Came by the houseand she was not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for anerrand.
•Laterbrother noticing both phones are gone from the parents’ house and off. Going straight to voicemail or completely dead? It wasn't until that night (Saturday)when he was at a wedding that they realized something was wrong, per VI -Thread #1, post #817

Interviewwith Family http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/missing-dekalb-county-woman-disappeared-while-housesitting/599493475
•Jenna notat the house
•Doorlocked (deadbolt was locked, per VI - Thread #1, post #608)
•No sign offorced entry
•TV-on
•Lights on
•Charger atthe house
•Pair ofshoes at the house
•Jenna’scar gone (2010, Blue Mazda 6 sedan, license plate PWH5029, Noticeable scratcheson driver side, dent on top of the trunk, and missing cross bar on the frontgrille) Is the car listed as stolen by now?
•Jenna’sphone and purse not at the house
•Motherscar at home (dark red Mazda 3 sedan (2010)
•House insome disarray what kind? Jenna had people over Thursday night for a gettogether and rooms upstairs were not cleaned up, per VI - Thread #1, post #819
•Noevidence of struggle

Bold, Italic Underline is mine.

This is where I am completely confused tbh. Was the house found is disarray during the morning visit by VI and/or vet or with the afternoon vet visit when the vet couldnt get in?

Was the vet tech giving meds in the morning or was VI on Saturday?

I am sure PD has interviewed the vet tech and has all kinds of statements and records, but for me the timeline is fuzzy here.

Taken from the timeline... reference the green San Antonio tshirt.

'Jenna hadbeen wearing that shirt that week, and can confirm from her girlfriend thatJenna was wearing that Friday night before changing to go back out'

Has it been confirmed what clothes she changed into before going back out? I know the green tshirt is missing but she may not have been wearing it.

Taken from the timeline... reference the green San Antonio tshirt.

'Jenna hadbeen wearing that shirt that week, and can confirm from her girlfriend thatJenna was wearing that Friday night before changing to go back out'

Has it been confirmed what clothes she changed into before going back out? I know the green tshirt is missing but she may not have been wearing it.

Me too. If she was wearing it most of the week, I immediately thought of the laundry.

My understanding: - brother came to house a.m. Saturday to give cat meds. No J, house in disarray, tv on, lights on, door deadlocked, mum's car there, No J. No answer from J phone previously. Brother leaves. Vet comes Sat p.m. no answer from house or J's phone. Notifies family. Then what? Nothing till Sunday AFAIK. Did cat get meds Sat.p.m.? Not afaik. Was house in disarray Friday daytime? Yes apparently. When did tapestry go missing? Not noticed till Sunday either so not known atm. AJMO from VI posts.

Me too. If she was wearing it most of the week, I immediately thought of the laundry.
I thought HelpFind FB said she was last seen wearing it. Now I'm confused.
However, if the T-shirt is missing and so is J, but no other clothes are missing then what does it tell us? Are the clothes also missing that she changed into Friday night? Are they at the house? If they are, that is proof she came back, changed again, maybe into the green tshirt to sleep (I'm laying down text). Then what? That is what needs to be determined. The clothes are key IMO. Her shoes were there so were they the ones she wore Friday night? That could be verified too I would think. AJMO.

Yes that, and the fact that if it is missing and wearing it then it doesn't seem right. She was wearing it on 17th as per her Hangout photo that was put on the fb page so shes wearing it thurs and then on fri all day, changes to go out and then puts it back on again to disappear? If her brother hadnt seen her Friday and no family spoke to her or saw her friday, no sight of her on cctv that day either then i would have considered something happening on the thurs instead. But, as she was seen fri morning then not but it would have explained the green tshirt.

I think something has happened to her between 2 a.m. and the vet visit at 2 p.m. and it happened at the house while she was wearing the green t-shirt and I think it was someone she knew. Not an intruder because there was no forced entry. A thorough search at the house plus phone records and cctv are the only thing that will be able to shed any more light IMO.

Oh yes and I think the tapestry was taken to make it look suspicious and I think that person is responsible for J's disappearance too.

Bold, Italic Underline is mine.

This is where I am completely confused tbh. Was the house found is disarray during the morning visit by VI and/or vet or with the afternoon vet visit when the vet couldnt get in?

Was the vet tech giving meds in the morning or was VI on Saturday?

I am sure PD has interviewed the vet tech and has all kinds of statements and records, but for me the timeline is fuzzy here.
Subie called Jenna at 9am Saturday, no answer. Got to the house at 10 am, TV was on but Jenna wasn't there. He figured she had run out for something but would be back. He then left town to attend a wedding - planned on being gone till Sunday.

Vet came mid afternoon couldn't get in, called parents and Subie (not sure when Subie got that message or when he came back to Atlanta). Reported Jenna missing on Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Subie called Jenna at 9am Saturday, no answer. Got to the house at 10 am, TV was on but Jenna wasn't there. He figured she had run out for something but would be back. He then left town to attend a wedding - planned on being gone till Sunday.

Vet came mid afternoon couldn't get in, called parents and Subie (not sure when Subie got that message or when he came back to Atlanta). Reported Jenna missing on Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Sorry for the confusion, vet was only supposed to be there in the afternoon only

Just found this from Subie in first thread when trying to confirm timeline
"Time line wise.
We know she left a friends place at 11pm friday to go home according to him
At 2 am (saturday) she sent a text to a friend saying she was laying down
I called at around 9:30 am and showed up at the house approx 10:30 am with the lights and tv still on"

So Subie did cat meds on Sat am. Subie, per your post, do we know which friend she left at 11pm on friday night to go home.

Planned on being gone till Sunday. Did he actually come back or not until Sunday , I missed that.

So it should be easy to know what she was wearing when she went out Friday night. A friend has stated she changed out of the green T, so what was she wearing? Is there cctv of what she was wearing or have her friends described what she was wearing? Any photos from that evening?

So it should be easy to know what she was wearing when she went out Friday night. A friend has stated she changed out of the green T, so what was she wearing? Is there cctv of what she was wearing or have her friends described what she was wearing? Any photos from that evening?
Her friend said she had been wearing that green shirt during the day but went out in a Black tank top and yoga pants, however she had in the past worn that t shirt over the tank top. We recovered a few black tank tops and yoga pants, but do not know how many she had. We didn't recover the green t-shirt. Our thought it that she either changed back into that green shirt or threw.it over her tank top.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member