GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted regarding wellspring I believe. I work with another nonprofit that works extensively with wellspring ,beloved atlanta, city of refuge, all based in atlanta. All dealing with trafficking.

Just wanting to post this....when a crime-scene seems to be "staged" it's always done by a person knowing a victim, according to old detectives looking into cold cases.

My theory has always been as follows: That she was killed in the house. The frame was involved in some way. It was wiped down and the tapestry was removed because it had DNA on it. The perpetrator then left with her body, staging the scene to make it look like she left of her own accord and locked the door behind him. He either left in her car right away or came back and removed her car (probably the latter). The car was dumped on defoor place to imply that she had disappeared from that area. I really wish the neighbors had seen something because I believe everything happened in the house. The only outstanding question is who (probably male because the frame is heavy) and when. The last phone pings would tell us a lot.

Just wanting to post this....when a crime-scene seems to be "staged" it's always done by a person knowing a victim, according to old detectives looking into cold cases.
So who do you think sounds most likely out of those knowing her? The only apparent crime scene is the missing khayamiya. Subie isn't even certain when it went missing as he didn't notice it till the Sunday. We don't know if she lent her vehicle to someone or had driven it herself to the location it was found. So many saw her on that Friday, yet noone saw her in her blue car. Then we have others in the background - e.g. the WU recipient, the petstore accomplice, the violent ex boyfriend, the vet tec etc. They all are unknown quantities and everyone is suspect imo. With such a secret life it is difficult to fathom.

My theory has always been as follows: That she was killed in the house. The frame was involved in some way. It was wiped down and the tapestry was removed because it had DNA on it. The perpetrator then left with her body, staging the scene to make it look like she left of her own accord and locked the door behind him. He either left in her car right away or came back and removed her car (probably the latter). The car was dumped on defoor place to imply that she had disappeared from that area. I really wish the neighbors had seen something because I believe everything happened in the house. The only outstanding question is who (probably male because the frame is heavy) and when. The last phone pings would tell us a lot.
Same!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Do we think the car was there all the time? I.e. in Defoors place from 18th/19th Aug until it was noticed on 5 Sept? That's risky with the camera right there on the building. Perhaps they wanted it found sooner?

Subie said early on that neighbours had cameras pointing at the street. I wonder if LE or family contacted any neighbours?
Subie never said, but that would be the first thing to do right? Perhaps Subie can let us know about that.

<modsnip>

Last post from the brother on 10/26.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates. LE is making progress and unfortunately I am in a difficult position and have been advised to not reveal more information as I do not want to jeopardize the case. I'm not sure what else to say at this point other than We miss Jenna and hope we get answers soon. I thank everyone on here for the support and those that want to help.

Hey guys sorry Yom Kippur today and fasting.
Parents are upset again with the LE. A friend of Jennas reached out to us on Facebook. Was in contact with her that night. One of last callers on her TMobile account but police never called him despite having the logs for 5 weeks now. Has more info on her plans for that night. We know from.him that Jenna had mentioned why she was not driving her car due to the insurance.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

6be47b44f1f08e9e5ffe24e207a930e0.jpg

Here is a map. Subie said it was OK to post. If I need to change anything, let me know. I'm not the greatest map maker but needed a visual. Hope it helps for anyone else who needs an overall picture.

Green - Gas stations known from debit card purchases. We don't know the order.
Red - Location of house, apartment and car.
Purple - Stops in an area, not sure of exact spot. General area based off of Google timeline, if I recall.
Blue - Food stop known by debit card and straw wrapper in her mom's car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The location of the car ... parking on a street, in front of a building with a visible camera. You can see the camera right by the door. Also, it's not just any camera. It's a camera that recorded a shooting and it was publicized in the news.

Either the person who left it was dumb or they felt police would not be getting any helpful info on it, IMO. There's plenty of other places in this city - even around there - to leave a car and be more discreet. This is not a street where people park cars so it would stand out. The tank was not empty to the point it couldn't be driven somewhere else.

Is there such a thing as a turf war relating to drug sales/trafficking or something of the sort? Does that really happen or have I watched too many movies?

In the beginning LE per subie, didn't checked the tapestry/frame and mothers car for fingerprints...

9/19
  • Theychecked mom’s car for Fingerprints; Yes for finger prints have not heard yetwhat they found T2 # 225 VI Finger prints should be in the car. I agree, butaccording to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If sothat means someone wiped it down

About the search around her car. don't know...you should ask Subie

As I recall right per media/facebook help find Jenna....father get a call from ? that her car was found and went there with LE. Car was found the 5th. LE asked the family to keep quiet so they could process it....

September, 15 Friday
Big update! Car has been found <actually itwas found on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP], but because of the ongoing investigation notpreviously made public> and is being processed by Dekalb police. Only thingwe know at this point is that no windows were smashed, but driver's seat waspushed all the way back. Per VI – T2 # 121 Correct and it was my dad whonoticed before the car was even opened / picked up that the driver seat was allthe way back. T2 #446 VI.

Update9/15 Facebook: Car has been found! It is being processed by Dekalb police, nofurther information until they finish. Jenna still missing

Heyeveryone. I have clarified the car was on Defoor Place right off of DefoorsAve, on the street. Police initially said a lot, however my dad confirmed sincehe also went down there when it was found, it was on the street.

Just reviewing and bumping sone previous posts for reconsideration. Some info may trigger some ideas.

Just a reminder of the Twitter page for Jenna. It is updated every day. Although there is nothing we dont already know on there, it is a chance for locals (and non locals) to help spread awareness.

https://mobile.twitter.com/helpfindjennavg

Do we know who is updating the twitter page. The way it reads, it does not seem like the family.
It is not the family. It is an independent party working on a voluntary basis as far as im aware.

The first post I quoted above from Subie mentions the last person who contacted J via T-mobile had not been contacted as of 5 weeks into the investigation (approx end of Sept) and that he had some further info about her plans. He was the one who told them that J had not renewed her insurance.
I had always assumed the SC friend was female until I just reread this. That is strange that LE did not contact him for such a long time. That was the last contact after all. What could be the reason for that?

Just a reminder of the Twitter page for Jenna. It is updated every day. Although there is nothing we dont already know on there, it is a chance for locals (and non locals) to help spread awareness.

https://mobile.twitter.com/helpfindjennavg

One thing I notice is that de Kalb police aren't on it but Fulton County are listed. Has the LE jurisdiction changed to where J lived now?
Eta . Ah I see the latest tweet does list DeKalb and Fulton.

Subie said early on that neighbours had cameras pointing at the street. I wonder if LE or family contacted any neighbours?
Subie never said, but that would be the first thing to do right? Perhaps Subie can let us know about that. It seems weird having a VI who doesn't post.

Anyone know if this is normal for a VI to stop commenting?

I find it not that weird. The whole world can read what is posted here, as a guest. (and act on information given, in a good or a bad way, decoy, setting out distracting leads etc.) As far as we know even Jenna herself (I'm sorry to say but I personally don't believe that Jenna is still "around") could follow it. Just to illustrate what people could do with all kind of information given here.

I find it not that weird. The whole world can read what is posted here, as a guest. (and act on information given, in a good or a bad way, decoy, setting out distracting leads etc.) As far as we know even Jenna herself (I'm sorry to say but I personally don't believe that Jenna is still "around") could follow it. Just to illustrate what people could do with all kind of information given here.

YESSSS! Exactly, Bit of Hope!!! Agree 100%!

The first post I quoted above from Subie mentions the last person who contacted J via T-mobile had not been contacted as of 5 weeks into the investigation (approx end of Sept) and that he had some further info about her plans. He was the one who told them that J had not renewed her insurance.
I had always assumed the SC friend was female until I just reread this. That is strange that LE did not contact him for such a long time. That was the last contact after all. What could be the reason for that?

I think you're referring to two different people. His post says one of the last not "the" last.

Subie indicated previously that the SC friend has a child and that Jenna would go up there to babysit. Not that she couldn't have been babysitting for a dad but I got the impression that the SC friend is a mom.

The person who had not been contacted in five weeks sounds like a different friend, imo.

I think you're referring to two different people. His post says one of the last not "the" last.

Subie indicated previously that the SC friend has a child and that Jenna would go up there to babysit. Not that she couldn't have been babysitting for a dad but I got the impression that the SC friend is a mom.

The person who had not been contacted in five weeks sounds like a different friend, imo.

I would never say I'm totally sure but looking at Jenna friend list on FB (feels like a long time ago) and don't even know if it is still up like it was just after Jenna got missing. I think I found the woman where she was babysitting for....can't share here.......

I would never say I'm totally sure but looking at Jenna friend list on FB (feels like a long time ago) and don't even know if it is still up like it was just after Jenna got missing. I think I found the woman where she was babysitting for....can't share here.......

Agreed. When I looked a long time ago, it seemed pretty clear who she was.

So, the female friend in SC was the last person Jenna texted.
Who was, or in what context are we talking about, was the "guy"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member