GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her car was clearly dumped, so how did the driver get picked up? In today's society, no one walks anywhere if they can get a ride. But the car is also very visible and gets noticed so I see why someone decides to get rid of it.

What I'm thinking is that Jenna is missing of her own volition. She actively assisted with this. For whatever reason, she has decided to disappear and she had help. Maybe it was the family involvement in her life, maybe it was the going to court over the stolen money. Maybe it was someone voicing the idea and her agreeing to it. Maybe it was her way of shedding her skin and starting off somewhere new in a place where people don't know her. People who are actively evading or actively assisting in their own disappearance are the hardest ones to locate. They are the most knowledgeable to know what to avoid and what to change to 'disappear'. The missing tapestry, carefully removed and the frame rehung, tells me someone took that for personal reasons. Either sentimental or for remembrance. Trying to sell it presents a host of problems and it's easily remembered so I don't see that showing up in a pawn shop any time soon.
EBM
I agree that she is probably voluntarily missing; she may well have had help. Still, I have to disagree with the emboldened text above. I own a car and sometimes walk to work or to other places by choice; I've also walked to various locations, some several miles away, rather than asking anyone for a ride, on occasions when my car wasn't working properly.

Subie said "one of the last callers" on her T-mobile, so we are not on about the last text but one of the last callers. The last caller on T-mobile was the SC friend at 11.45 p.m. followed by a text that J or someone replied to at 2a.m. so there has to be at least one more last callers as well as the SC one. Who was that? And why did it take LE five weeks to contact him?

Eta "one of the last callers" could have been the SC friend or a prior caller IMO, which is why I mention it. We don't know who the guy is - that's my point really. I too think of the SC friend as female but have seen no actual confirmation of that, within TOS.

I too was under the impression that the last caller was the SC friend at 11.45 and I have that written down in my notes. I totally missed subie saying in the message above that the caller was a HE. Does this mean it was a different caller and wasn't mentioned my subie previously.

I also think we should go back to the beginning, I'm going to go over all the posts again, checking my notes.

I too was under the impression that the last caller was the SC friend at 11.45 and I have that written down in my notes. I totally missed subie saying in the message above that the caller was a HE. Does this mean it was a different caller and wasn't mentioned my subie previously.

I also think we should go back to the beginning, I'm going to go over all the posts again, checking my notes.

I'm totally loosing it now...I remember there was a recording....what is going on with that?

I'm totally loosing it now...I remember there was a recording....what is going on with that?

I thought I had mixed that up with the lonzie case I was reading, but if you remember it too its from Jenna's. That was supposedly a female as well.

I've just gone back over your time lines again and can't find the bit about the recording. If you come across it will you repost it please its going to bug me lol... Shiresleuth is good at finding particular posts.

I've just gone back over your time lines again and can't find the bit about the recording. If you come across it will you repost it please its going to bug me lol... Shiresleuth is good at finding particular posts.
You're right- I remember that too. Subie must have told us because we have had no other source other than him. I'll look thru his posts.

Nothing yet unfortunately. We have a second pi now re working the case and re interviewing people. My father spoke with the chief and questioned if they should turn the case over to the GBI, they are not willing yet. The police now have additional detectives on the case as well .

However some of you saw the other day that my dad had posted of a recording that night. I cannot speak much on this yet until police speak with this friend who recorded the conversation. It just gives us some general info on her plans that night.

Regarding the gas stations we really don't know what's up with them right now. That's part of the interviews with some of these people she hung out with .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Subie,

Is there any kind of eta on the release of the contents of that recording?

Privately obtained from a friend of hers. I cannot comment any more on it right now other than she spoke with this person around 1030 that night about upcoming plans that night before heading home .

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Can i ask why it was recorded? It isnt normal to record a convo so i wonder what triggered it?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

You're right- I remember that too. Subie must have told us because we have had no other source other than him. I'll look thru his posts.

These are posts about "the recording". They are from pages 20 and 21 of this thread. Also around that time there were some good theories being put forward about J that may need to be revisited.

While we are going over stuff, I want to question the date of the car retrieval and why LE wished to keep that quiet for 10 days. (Found on the 5th but info not released till the 15th Sept.) Were LE keeping the car under surveillance? I have not heard where this has been done before. What would be the purpose of this? I don't buy the reason was just to run tests. LE didn't want to even fingerprint the house or the mother's car. We also had the mistaken identity and the "Found" error. Also, the prostitution accusations early on. All these are worth revisiting IMO.

Still would like more info on the vet visit Saturday. Is the vet a man or woman and are they connected to the pet store where J worked before she lost her job? I seem to remember someone saying it was a family friend. From memory vet came p.m. and no J. Subie had been in morning to give the cat its meds and had then attended a wedding for the weekend. Vet phoned and let Subie know J was not there. Subie didn't notice anything missing till the Sunday, when he phoned parents. Weren't parents phoning J as normal? When did they speak to her last? These small details should have been clarified by now to narrow down exactly when she disappeared.

While we are going over stuff, I want to question the date of the car retrieval and why LE wished to keep that quiet for 10 days. (Found on the 5th but info not released till the 15th Sept.) Were LE keeping the car under surveillance? I have not heard where this has been done before. What would be the purpose of this? I don't buy the reason was just to run tests. LE didn't want to even fingerprint the house or the mother's car. We also had the mistaken identity and the "Found" error. Also, the prostitution accusations early on. All these are worth revisiting IMO.

I knew you could find it shiresleuth. I thought me and bit of hope were having the same dream lol..
You are correct there is quite a bit needs going over. I know its nice having an insider but sometimes it blocks your natural thought processes and makes you reliant on the info.
No disrespect to subtle AT ALL he has been really helpful and I understand his hands are tied.
On most cases without an insider cases get figured out by good sleuthing before LE announces anything.
Back to the drawing board I go. Well in the morning, its 12am here lol...
Thanks again shire I would have been awake all night thinking about that.

What did they do with the car after they found it? Did LE left it there or immediately tow it away after finding? If they left it there for a while than maybe they were hoping Jenna or somebody else would pic the car up and catch her/him in the act? That's why they kept quiet about it? Just thinking out loud. It seems to me that 10 days is a very long time to process the car, but I don't know what is common...depending on caseload, I guess.

What did they do with the car after they found it? Did LE left it there or immediately tow it away after finding? If they left it there for a while than maybe they were hoping Jenna or somebody else would pic the car up and catch her/him in the act? That's why they kept quiet about it? Just thinking out loud. It seems to me that 10 days is a very long time to process the car, but I don't know what is common...depending on caseload, I guess.

I have never read a case were this occurred before. I could understand not alerting the media while the car is on scene. They may have been waiting to see if jenna came back to it, i just cant imagine them leaving the car on scene for 10 days. Once the car is in LE custody they could tell the public and take as long as they want to do forensic testing. IMO the car must have been taken into custody the same day. Surely LE wouldn't have risked someone breaking into the car and messing up forensics.
I cannot see them putting surveillance on the car either, they didn't even want to do forensics on ruble mums car.

Yesterday the family posted on Jenna's missing Facebook page that LE is still on the case and making progress and that they hope there is soon more information that can be released. I hope with them....

I have never read a case were this occurred before. I could understand not alerting the media while the car is on scene. They may have been waiting to see if jenna came back to it, i just cant imagine them leaving the car on scene for 10 days. Once the car is in LE custody they could tell the public and take as long as they want to do forensic testing. IMO the car must have been taken into custody the same day. Surely LE wouldn't have risked someone breaking into the car and messing up forensics.
I cannot see them putting surveillance on the car either, they didn't even want to do forensics on ruble mums car.
J's father went to pick it up and LE told him not to say anything. :confused:
We don't know why LE told them that.

Who are Subtle and Ruble? I guess you mean Subie? Autocorrect strikes again. :laughing:

Taken from the official FB page (dated 27th oct post)

A member of public wrote this...

"Have the police checked Jenna's car odometer to see if it had been driven a lot by the time it was found after her disappearance? I just wondered if that might help them either narrow or widen the search area if they had that information...if that is even possible....please know I've had Jenna on my mind and in my prayers daily since she went missing."

They got this reply from the page admin...

"Dont know the start mileage unfortunately"

And this from another member of public....

"Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen The last oil change record should have the mileage. Hopefully, it wasn't done so long ago. But, by comparing mileage records from previous oil changes the usual mileage could be compiled and compared to the current mileage on the car. Just an idea. Hope you hear something soon. I can't even imagine how difficult this is for your family."

I wonder if this is being looked into. I dont know much about cars myself but someone here might. Is it possible to tell a rough mileage?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

There is also the possibility both cars have EDR's (event data recorders) . Some people call them black boxes for cars and most owners don't even know their cars have them. I think I may have mentioned this before.

When did they find the car?
September 5th?

The latest development was the discovery of Jenna's dark blue, 2010 Mazda 6 sedan on Sept. 5, parked along a road in northwest Atlanta.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...enna-van-gelderen-s-vehicle-found-she-n802306

This was the same weekend her brother went camping!
THAT is what was bothering me!
She disappeared when parents out of town.
Car reappears when brother out of town.
[emoji848]
ETA: brother was back on the 3rd. Car possibly left at the location found when he was out of town.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member