GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on 11alive News Atlanta a female body was found on Dunning Street about 6 days ago, no other information was shared. I looked and that’s about 8 miles away from Defoors Place where her car was found. I hope this has nothing to do with the Jenna case, but wanted to share that news as well.

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/video/news/crime/womans-body-found-in-southeast-atlanta/85-2224697

I saw on 11alive News Atlanta a female body was found on Dunning Street about 6 days ago, no other information was shared. I looked and that’s about 8 miles away from Defoors Place where her car was found. I hope this has nothing to do with the Jenna case, but wanted to share that news as well.

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/video/news/crime/womans-body-found-in-southeast-atlanta/85-2224697

What is the date of this video, please? I believe this is a story from June 2016.

I apologize! When I kept pulling it up, it was showing as date uploaded, 6 days ago. My apologies.

Prayers to the family and friends of this woman. Constant prayers to Jennas parents and brother. Big hugs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

I honestly believe that this case will not be solved unless someone comes forward with information either because they saw something (like the woman who reported the car) or for the reward. Searches are not much use because she could literally be anywhere although that is not to say that we should not be constantly on the lookout. I would encourage the family to change the reward to not only be "for the safe return" but for "the safe return or a conviction in this case" and to increase the amount. I would also recommend that the family does a weekly facebook blast of a composite of flyers (her picture, green shirt, car, tapestry, reward) requesting that everyone please, please share it. Between all three of them and their friends and their friends, the Atlanta area facebook community should be constantly reminded that she is missing.

Having followed crimes for years, I don't think a reward helps.

Did the news ever comment or LE come fourth with an ID on the woman's body found in the woods yet? Prayers and always thinking of you Subie and your sweet parents. Xo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Yes they came forward last summer I believe, when the body was found. If you mean the body mentioned in the article posted above.

Searching every day for news....nothing.....Jenna....where are you? For those sleuthers who are active on Twitter: https://twitter.com/helpfindjennavg

DNWQxbuVAAIq9YR.jpg

We are all just going round and round in circles with no additional information. There has been no mainstream media coverage since early oct and not much on social media. The last time I was in the area, I saw no flyers. The best hope in solving this case is for someone to remember something. There is nothing from law enforcement. I know the family has engaged a PI and set up a reward but perhaps an Atlantan PR firm is necessary to get the word out and generate more leads. Living in Atlanta I should be reminded everyday that she is missing. When Julie Love went missing in 1988, the city was blanketed with flyers.
Now there is always the possibility that LE knows who is responsible and are building a case or waiting for the person to make a mistake.
There were comments made on this thread earlier suggesting that LE was not focused on this case or was incompetent. They are a large police force who deal with cases like this all the time and given that she was an educated woman from a nice neighborhood this must be a priority for them.

They at least have that billboard up near Centennial Olympic Park. I was pleased to see that.

Searching every day for news....nothing.....Jenna....where are you? For those sleuthers who are active on Twitter: https://twitter.com/helpfindjennavg

DNWQxbuVAAIq9YR.jpg

Thank you for posting that, Bit of hope! I hadn't seen the top photo before. I have been closely following (I thought!), but somehow I was picturing her car's location quite differently. Going back through the threads, I see now that the initial discussion of a "parking lot" stuck in my head, to the exclusion of later descriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the picture. I, too, was picturing a parking lot. If it was parked more than a day or two there, I would think someone noticed it, and they're just not telling. Then again, I'm constantly amazed how many people have zero situational awareness.

Thank you for posting that, Bit of hope! I hadn't seen the top photo before. I have been closely following (I thought!), but somehow I was picturing her car's location quite differently. Going back through the threads, I see now that the initial discussion of a "parking lot" stuck in my head, to the exclusion of later descriptions.

Yes, me too....had some kind of "big" busy city street in mind....seeing this picture...sigh...lots of green...and also makes me think of a neighborhood with a lot of vacant buildings....our locals know more about that I think. Wonder who owns the white house....it looks like they are renovating it, maybe nobody lives there.

It’s hard to tell from the picture, but I believe the white building is the rear of Atlanta Oxygen and Medical Equipment, not a private residence. It’s actually a fairly busy area, not a ton of vacant buildings. I wonder if they spoke to any of the workers there to see if they noticed her car.

Just doing a drive by...it is sad to see the gaps in activity but we seem to have reached the sleuthing limit with the info we have :(

FWIW, I agree that we have a seasoned group of law enforcement working on Jenna's case and that they are very familiar with MP. I also find the textile to be kind of a distraction only because of the peculiar circumstance the frame and the glass were in.

I am more puzzled about the lack of flyers locals are reporting. It is never too late to spark some memory and it would be lovely to read that Jenna's image was on every available surface.

I hope there has been a SAR group on the ground there a few times-it is never too late for dogs to trail a scent and I am sure much was learned if they were used.

So sad that jenna hasn’t been located yet. A lot of missing pieces to this puzzle. Praying for a resolution.

The odd circumstances of another case (Ashanti Billie) came together perfectly with an arrest today. I'm so hopeful that Jenna's case will also "turn lightbulbs on" someday.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member