GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the podcast, it’s mentioned that the ex bf was using a different phone to contact Jenna. It also mentions he was the last known person to see her.
Why did he start using a different phone to contact her?
Why did he tell her parents he was home alone on the 18th when they called him from Canada? We’ve been told that he met Jenna at the Handi Mart that night. Why didn’t he mention that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the confusion of a different phone is he called Jenna on HER other phone? And it's just worded strangely?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In the podcast, it’s mentioned that the ex bf was using a different phone to contact Jenna. It also mentions he was the last known person to see her.
Why did he start using a different phone to contact her?
Why did he tell her parents he was home alone on the 18th when they called him from Canada? We’ve been told that he met Jenna at the Handi Mart that night. Why didn’t he mention that?

My gut reaction....the parents didn't like the boyfriend. Therein lies all the secrecy. My opinion only....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

My gut reaction....the parents didn't like the boyfriend. Therein lies all the secrecy. My opinion only....

It seems - to me - more like a sign of guilt to lie to her parents about what he did with her that night than concern for whether they liked him or not. At that point, they were calling with concern that she was missing. If he was the last person to see her (or had been with her late that night), why not tell the truth if there’s nothing to hide? If he cared about her welfare, wouldn’t he want to help?

Are you thinking he switched phones to hide his number from her parents scanning the phone bill? Her parents might not have liked him but would he go to that extent to hide his number from them? It’s not like they are teenagers and she was living with them at that point. Jmo and asking these questions to understand another view.

It seems - to me - more like a sign of guilt to lie to her parents about what he did with her that night than concern for whether they liked him or not. At that point, they were calling with concern that she was missing. If he was the last person to see her (or had been with her late that night), why not tell the truth if there’s nothing to hide? If he cared about her welfare, wouldn’t he want to help?

Are you thinking he switched phones to hide his number from her parents scanning the phone bill? Her parents might not have liked him but would he go to that extent to hide his number from them? It’s not like they are teenagers and she was living with them at that point. Jmo and asking these questions to understand another view.

My opinion....we don't know the exchanges that might have taken place between them. If you really don't like someone and they don't like you, there is no trust in speaking openly for fear you are going to be blamed for something you didn't do. The best strategy is to talk to other people who you don't have history with. Its worse when its adults feeling this way rather than teenagers.

Another part from the interview http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-

My personal opinion is that this interview is a "must listen to". Maybe it will take away some feelings of info missing or inconsistencies.

Marissa, the interviewer:

On Augustthe 15[SUP]th[/SUP] 2017, Jenna’s parents left for a vacation to Canada. Before they left they set up a plan for Jenna to house sit and feed their elderly cat.
Jenna’solder brother was to stop by in the mornings to give the cat it’s morning medications and then a cat sitter would come later on the day to give the cat it’s afternoon medications. Just a few days later, on the 18[SUP]th[/SUP], Jenna had been in contact with both her mum and her brother, that day. At one point she left her parents’ house to return to her apartment. She took her mum’s car instead of her own because the insurance had lapsed on her car. Some of Jenna’s friends were at the apartment when she stopped by there that evening. They reported that she left around 11 pm to go meet with a man that we call her ex-boyfriend. He claims that he broke up with Jenna on the evening of the 18th, but we delve into that later. The last known person to see Jenna is this ex-boyfriend. Jenna’s family has learned that during that evening the ex-boyfriend was not using his ownphone to contact Jenna. We know that Jenna made it home that night because she spoke to one of her friends in the early morning hours of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP].

Leon, Jenna’s father:

She had one female friend in <Leon hesitates> NC that she had been texting with, been in contact with continuously, who was the last person to talk to her on 1.30 in the morning. She’s been helpful, reconstructing things.

Marissa:
Around 2a.m. she texted the same friend that she had spoken to on the phone, and saidthat she was “lying down”. The wording of this text message seemed strange to her friend. It wasn’t something that Jenna would typically wright.

Another piece of information that they have been able to gather that supports the believe that Jenna did make it back to her parent’s house that night is that her Facebook account was accessed from their home IP-address.

Jenna’s brother,Wil, stopped by around 10.30 a.m. on the morning of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] and he noticed that the doors were locked, but when he went inside the TV and lights were on. He also noticed that Jenna hadn’t fed the cat. Jenna’s car was also gone. The day before she had been driving her mum’s car but that was still in the garage. When the cat sitter came by in the afternoon Jenna still hadn’t returned, so the sitter who didn’t have a key attempted to call Jenna but got no answer. Wil stopped by again at 11.30 that night, to check on his sister, but she still hadn’t returned. Wil spoke to their parents and let them know that he was concerned about Jenna. On the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] they decided to call Jenna’s ex-boyfriend from Canada and ask if he knew anything. He informed them that he was home alone on the evening of the 18[SUP]th[/SUP]. Wil continued to go over to the house to see if Jenna had returned and to care for the cat. This was when he realized that there was a world war ll Egyptian tapestry missing from the home. This had been on the wall in a frame. Someone had removed it from the frame by cutting out the glass in the front. Not taken the back of the frame. This is one of the bizarre aspects of Jenna’s case. Why would someone take that but leave many value items behind.

I haven't been able to load this podcast for some reason so TY BoH for the transcript.

When the parents rang the ex they didn't know he was the ex presumably because he told LE he broke up with her that night but he told them he hadn't seen her.
Also, this is the first I heard that Jenna went back to her apartment that night and some of her friends were there. I thought she only had a room there and not even a bed so why would they go back there particularly? Have I misunderstood that bit?

I haven't been able to load this podcast for some reason so TY BoH for the transcript.

When the parents rang the ex they didn't know he was the ex presumably because he told LE he broke up with her that night but he told them he hadn't seen her.
Also, this is the first I heard that Jenna went back to her apartment that night and some of her friends were there. I thought she only had a room there and not even a bed so why would they go back there particularly? Have I misunderstood that bit?

Annoying you can't listen to it. The podcast is much longer and it takes a lot of time to do the transcript. For your first question, I think they just calling him ex-boyfriend to indicate it's that certain person. Only when Jenna called her brother and mother on the 18th in the evening after he broke up and she told them, they could know he was ex. But my interpretation is that they spoke during the day. The story around the ex, what happened between them or not on the 18th and the information he is given is still inconsistent. About the apartment....wondered about that myself.

Just checked help find jvg fb page and no update since 4 Jan - nearly 2 weeks.

New flyer- hadn't noticed before but it says "last seen at 1289 Oakdale Road".

Now I don't know how that can be. Who saw her last at the parents house and when?
Does this mean she wasn't seen in the car on Saturday a.m. ?
So who was seen in it?
:confused:
:thinking:

This ^^^ along with the Podcast transcript (too long to repost).... she was seen again at her parents then after leaving friends at the apartment? By who? If she supposedly left the ex at whichever time then who saw her at her parents?

TY BOH for the podcast transcript [emoji253]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

This ^^^ along with the Podcast transcript (too long to repost).... she was seen again at her parents then after leaving friends at the apartment? By who? If she supposedly left the ex at whichever time then who saw her at her parents?
TY BOH for the podcast transcript [emoji253]
Another part from the interview http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-

[snip]

We know that Jenna made it home that night because she spoke to one of her friends in the early morning hours of the 19

She had one female friend in <Leon hesitates> NC that she had been texting with, been in contact with continuously, who was the last person to talk to her on 1.30 in the morning. She&#8217;s been helpful, reconstructing things. [/FONT]

[snip]

Another piece of information that they have been able to gather that supports the believe that Jenna did make it back to her parent&#8217;s house that night is that her Facebook account was accessed from their home IP-address.[/FONT]

Yes, many many thanks to BOH. It seems to me that they are assuming she made it back to the house based on two things:
1) Convo with friend on the phone where she presumably told friend she was at her parents' home, 2) Login to FB from the home's IP address, and I would add a third thing: 3) her mom's car was back at home. However, as I'm sure everyone's thinking, these three things don't really prove she was at her parents' home that night. Just make it seem likely.

Here Shiressleuth this should work
http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-

My opinion....we don't know the exchanges that might have taken place between them. If you really don't like someone and they don't like you, there is no trust in speaking openly for fear you are going to be blamed for something you didn't do. The best strategy is to talk to other people who you don't have history with. Its worse when its adults feeling this way rather than teenagers.

Doesn't he care that she has gone missing? The night he broke up with her as well? Seems he didn't think very much of her. Or are we talking about the violent ex - the one who came in the pet store and would extort money from her via WU?

Doesn't he care that she has gone missing? The night he broke up with her as well? Seems he didn't think very much of her. Or are we talking about the violent ex - the one who came in the pet store and would extort money from her via WU?
Pardon my ignorance, but what is WU?

I'm just putting my thoughts on a situation where you don't like the parents. It has nothing to do with how he feels or doesn't feel about her. My guess is that he knows more about her life than they do. If the police interviewed him, (we don't know that) but he would tell them what he knows if he's on the up and up. My ex wouldn't care 2 cents about communicating with my parents.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

In the podcast, she says something like, “for the podcast, let’s call him her ex-boyfriend.” He stated he had broken up with her that night. You can’t break up with someone who isn’t your girlfriend. IMO there are doubts they were in a relationship, based on the podcast host’s wording. This is the same guy who also stated she was a prostitute.

In the podcast, she says something like, “for the podcast, let’s call him her ex-boyfriend.” He stated he had broken up with her that night. You can’t break up with someone who isn’t your girlfriend. IMO there are doubts they were in a relationship, based on the podcast host’s wording. This is the same guy who also stated she was a prostitute.

Supposedly stated she was a prostitute. It was her brother that originally told us he had something that he said was 'taken out of context' but then the next week it was the ex-boyfriend that said it.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Generally speaking, when it comes to missing persons cases where there's an ex-boyfriend in the picture, said ex doesn't always have the well-being of the MP in mind. If you get my drift. NOT saying this is the case for Jenna, of course, JMHO in general.

That said, I'm with you in that it seems awfully sad that he & others appear to have not been more forthcoming. It's difficult for me to wrap my brain around that kind of apparent cold-heartedness.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Generally speaking, when it comes to missing persons cases where there's an ex-boyfriend in the picture, said ex doesn't always have the well-being of the MP in mind. If you get my drift. NOT saying this is the case for Jenna, of course, JMHO in general.

That said, I'm with you in that it seems awfully sad that he & others appear to have not been more forthcoming. It's difficult for me to wrap my brain around that kind of apparent cold-heartedness.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
And with this case there are two 'exes' a male roommate, the townhome guy and IG guy right? Five guys altogether that she had contact with .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654