GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the Vanish Podcast clearly states the brother in Atlanta and Jenna was working as a nanny. I'm wondering if Jenna had a posting on Craigslist Atlanta looking for a nanny job. According to previous posts, she was looking for an apartment on CL. If so, this could possibly be linked to her disappearance.

To me, the Vanish Podcast clearly states the brother in Atlanta and Jenna was working as a nanny. I'm wondering if Jenna had a posting on Craigslist Atlanta looking for a nanny job. According to previous posts, she was looking for an apartment on CL. If so, this could possibly be linked to her disappearance.
The brother was working as a nanny as well as Jenna? What time in the podcast - I will be listening again at some point but it is 37 minutes long so a minute mark would help.

Sorry if I confused you. Two completely different thoughts. There was come confusion when the Vanished podcast was translated earlier, I believe for you, as to what the dad was saying regarding Jenna's brother, and also, what he said regarding Jenna's work. I am paraphrasing but I understand him to say: 1) the brother.... in Atlanta ,AND, 2) Jenna was working as a nanny. (and not that Jenna worked at Manny's as was mentioned previously as a possibility). True, there is a
Restaurant / Tavern near Jenna's neighborhood called "Manual's Tavern" or simply, "Manuals" by many neighborhood locals. I'n my many years in the neighborhood I never heard it referred to as "Manny's", which is another reason I believe, IMO, that her dad said she was a nanny. Hope this is more clear!

If I recall, the posts about Jenna looking for an apartment or room to rent we’re on Facebook in local groups. I don’t believe it’s ever been found that she was searching on CL, I could be wrong though! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@capebluff. You refreshed my memory and I believe you are correct regarding FB apartment searches. However, Atlana CL would also have been a good place for LE to check. Of course, with scant facts., we don't know exactly what they've looked into. I'm still trying to hold onto hope for Jenna's safe return.

Sorry if I confused you. Two completely different thoughts. There was come confusion when the Vanished podcast was translated earlier, I believe for you, as to what the dad was saying regarding Jenna's brother, and also, what he said regarding Jenna's work. I am paraphrasing but I understand him to say: 1) the brother.... in Atlanta ,AND, 2) Jenna was working as a nanny. (and not that Jenna worked at Manny's as was mentioned previously as a possibility). True, there is a
Restaurant / Tavern near Jenna's neighborhood called "Manual's Tavern" or simply, "Manuals" by many neighborhood locals. I'n my many years in the neighborhood I never heard it referred to as "Manny's", which is another reason I believe, IMO, that her dad said she was a nanny. Hope this is more clear!

While I feel certain that he said she was "working as a nanny," I disagree that Manuel's Tavern is not commonly called "Manny's." That is the way my friends refer to it, "We're meeting at Manny's."

Regardless, though, as I said above, I don't think Manny's has anything whatsoever to do with this case.

@kdhith. Maybe whether the tavern is called Manuel's or Manny's is a generational thing,' But either way, it's insignificant. The point being that it appears Js dad said on the podcast that she was "working as a nanny".

I'm goingto listen again. At what minute mark is it mentioned?

Also does anyone have a link to the source/name of the nanny agency mentioned by 2hope4?

(Jenna's LinkedIn shows her working for a childcare provider 2010 -2014 but no company details)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenna-van-gelderen-14b40b125

Here's a link to J's Linkedin. It says self employed under the child care provider details so no agency is listed.

I have listened again and agree that he says " part time as a nanny" followed by "with a placement service". It would be good to know the placement service she used.
(Sorry for mishearing it as Manny's - didn't even know such a place existed till I googled it after listening)

Ive looked back and found this:

Thread 1 post #840 by Jennas brother:

"Great question, one which we still don't know. The only income we knew of was babysitting for her friend. I remember early August she mentioned beginning to look at nanny and dog sitting sites as well but never had anything lined up."

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Ive looked back and found this:

Thread 1 post #840 by Jennas brother:

"Great question, one which we still don't know. The only income we knew of was babysitting for her friend. I remember early August she mentioned beginning to look at nanny and dog sitting sites as well but never had anything lined up."

Hmm... [emoji848] Seeing this makes me wonder even more about the Nanny/dog sitting. Especially if it was in early August, just before she went missing!!

Hmm... [emoji848] Seeing this makes me wonder even more about the Nanny/dog sitting. Especially if it was in early August, just before she went missing!!

Do you think she might have mentioned this to her mum or brother if she had anything planned? She supposedly spoke to both on the day she went missing. Every new bit of info that comes up has 2 sides... Jennas linked in account (TY SS for posting), shows her providing childcare and her dad said about nannying but we are also told she had nothing lined up. Is it something she used to do but not any more? Is it something she was contacting people about before she went missing? Or is it simply her experience with friends children that has happened as and when they needed?
Just to throw it out there too, nobody knew where she lived or how she made money, she made bad choices with friends, secretive etc... do you think she would have been able to work with children? Here in the UK you need a CRB (criminal check) in order to work with children along with a fixed address etc.. its not an easy process.

IMO i would say her experience is based on looking after friends children. She could have stayed with friends like her SC friend and helped look after children for a few days whilst her friends worked or whatever. If its the same as here in the UK then she wouldnt have been able to join an agency without paying for the relevant checks and paperwork.

In Atlanta and other US cities, there are several online babysitting / nanny and pet sitting / walking sites that are commonly used to find employment, and likewise, for people to hire sitters. Some of these sites are free and others are much more formal agencies that involve interviews and paying a fee to be eligible for employment opportunities. Some people also use sites like Craigslist or Nextdoor to advertise for employment rather than going through an agency. Some, but not all, of these sites or agencies require a background check. I agree, Stanly, that the term "nanny" is often used loosely here in the USA. IMO, in many instances, the terms "nanny and babysitter" are often used interchangeably.

Agree - terms nanny/babysitter are interchangeable. Here in Atlanta, there are tons of babysitting/nanny Facebook Groups. I'm part of 3, 2 based on geography and one for a local college. I'm sure there are tons more. I posted in times of need for a sitter and got many immediate replies.

BTW, I just searched the ones I am in and don't see Jenna listed as a member.
Don't forget she may have used an alias. Her second phone was in the name Ruth Jenna.
Were any of her friends or acquaintances needing help with a new baby or suddenly splitting from a partner and needing live in childcare? Did she go for a job interview without telling anyone and come to harm? I am suddenly remembering the UK case of Suzy Lamplugh and the mysterious Mr. Kipper she went off to meet. :frown:

Latest fb post on the official page, posted 15hrs ago:

"22 weeks, Jenna is still missing. We are still hoping and praying that someone comes forward with information. We have additional flyers and billboards up from Crimestoppers. Again if any of Jenna's friends or friends of friends see this and have any relevant info please contact Crime stoppers all tips can remain anonymous."

No new info but its nice to see something as the gaps between posts are getting wider.

The VI's quote is what he knew at the time he wrote it. Not what they knew on the weekend she went missing. How did they have his phone number on that Sunday?
J's father mentions in the podcast that they were monitoring her T-mobile account and that was why she got the other phone. He also mentioned she was working part time at Manny's (that was what it sounds like anyway.) Is there a place called Manny's? He also said the roomate just put J's stuff outside the apartment for LE. The apartment was never searched. He also says finally LE have the last location data of the phones and are supposed to be searching. He cannot share it but I would. Initially they went to the wrong provider AT&T instead of T.mobile.

Another important fact is that J accessed her Facebook from the home IP address. That's why they think she came back in addition to the cars being switched. I wonder if that was the last time she accessed her FB?

Thanks leep and BoH. I finally got to listen to it.
Ignoring my booboo about Manny's- What do posters think about the monitoring of J's phone and the last phone location being searched? And the FB being accessed from the home IP location? Could that have been someone else accessing her FB, driving her car and texting the I'm laying down message?

Ignoring my booboo about Manny's- What do posters think about the monitoring of J's phone and the last phone location being searched? And the FB being accessed from the home IP location? Could that have been someone else accessing her FB, driving her car and texting the I'm laying down message?

Yes, I think someone else could have accessed her FB, driven her car home and texted the message. It would be interesting to know if Jenna's FB password was changed during that time. If somebody had her phone, they could probably access her FB, change her password and log in from the home computer using the new password. That would be a good way to stage it to look like she made it home if she didn't. (I'm not saying I think it's likely, but I do think it's possible.)

I'm not real sure what you're asking about the phone locations being searched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie