GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is the Help Find Jenna community page and there is a Missing: Jenna Van Gelderen closed group. I was referring to the Help Find Jenna community page (I am not a member of the closed group). The Help Find Jenna is public and the father’s post referenced spending the day with search dogs and police to search woods in a targeted search. He also said that it has become a weekly thing. That made me more suspicious that both LE and the family suspect believe she is no longer alive. Another comment was made but it was a public post on the father’s page and I don’t believe we can quote it here. My heart goes out to this family and all they have endured.

There is the Help Find Jenna community page and there is a Missing: Jenna Van Gelderen closed group. I was referring to the Help Find Jenna community page (I am not a member of the closed group). The Help Find Jenna is public and the father’s post referenced spending the day with search dogs and police to search woods in a targeted search. He also said that it has become a weekly thing. That made me more suspicious that both LE and the family suspect believe she is no longer alive. Another comment was made but it was a public post on the father’s page and I don’t believe we can quote it here. My heart goes out to this family and all they have endured.
The admin for the closed group is also a WS member, and advised Subie not to answer any more questions.
I agree that the family are hurting but i also think that they are acting like most other grieving families and expressing that LE arent doing enough. In the same way that us outsiders might think that the family arent doing enough.
I keep trying to put myself in the various persons shoes... brother, mother, father, LE, friends... and i think they should or shouldnt do certain things but you just dont know whats going on behind the scenes.

The family know a lot more than we know quite rightly and for that reason i refuse to jump on the 'LE arent doing enough' bandwagon. When this is over it will then be apparent if enough was done. IMO the family should take things further publicly if they feel LE arent doing enough and not just air it on a local community group.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The admin for the closed group is also a WS member, and advised Subie not to answer any more questions.
I agree that the family are hurting but i also think that they are acting like most other grieving families and expressing that LE arent doing enough. In the same way that us outsiders might think that the family arent doing enough.
I keep trying to put myself in the various persons shoes... brother, mother, father, LE, friends... and i think they should or shouldnt do certain things but you just dont know whats going on behind the scenes.

The family know a lot more than we know quite rightly and for that reason i refuse to jump on the 'LE arent doing enough' bandwagon. When this is over it will then be apparent if enough was done. IMO the family should take things further publicly if they feel LE arent doing enough and not just air it on a local community group.

I agree. I haven’t kept up with everything regarding LE procedure or what they are/aren’t doing. I feel like there is so much we don’t know and his latest comments give an indication of why she isn’t in the missing databases any longer. I am praying she is found so the family can have closure.

Jenna is no longer listed in the missing person data bases? I haven't checked....... But recently looked on GBI site and found nothing.

I couldn’t agree more with you, very well said. And that’s interesting about the admit for the closed group, wonder if he/she is a spokesperson for the family. If they are , I must have missed it.

Jenna is no longer listed in the missing person data bases? I haven't checked....... But recently looked on GBI site and found nothing.
Not if shes presumed deceased? Would a person then be removed? She was only listed on Namus officially anyway and various independent local online sources. Never on LE, GBI or FBI pages as far as i saw. I think she appeared on Crimestoppers as a tag by her family but they didnt seem to keep her in the limelight either and i think there may have been 1 post, if any at all.

I couldn’t agree more with you, very well said. And that’s interesting about the admit for the closed group, wonder if he/she is a spokesperson for the family. If they are , I must have missed it.
I cringed when i re-read my message because it sounded a bit harsh towards the family but i hope it doesnt come across like that! Im just simply trying to say we all sse things differently and everyone thinks everyone isnt doing enough depending on who you are and what relationship you have to the case.
I have asked for permission to post Jennas fathers fb post because it has a bit of an update but its in limbo at the moment with WS admin.

I agree. I haven’t kept up with everything regarding LE procedure or what they are/aren’t doing. I feel like there is so much we don’t know and his latest comments give an indication of why she isn’t in the missing databases any longer. I am praying she is found so the family can have closure.

Jenna is STILL in the NAMUS missing database. Is there a reason or indication that made you think she wasn’t ?

Regarding LE, In my opinion, the case got off to slow start and valuable time & information was lost. Since there has been no update by LE in months, we don't know what is currently happening on their end. But the family has been diligent on social media from the beginning and their updates are appreciated. Granted, LE and the family know much more information than the general public, and rightfully so. But the apparent lack of GBI involvement is puzzling, especially if the the assumption is leaning toward Jenna being deceased. IMO, if a search area has been localized, and weekly searches with dogs are being done, then LE must also have a strong POI as well. It's been 6 months now, and past time for some follow up local media coverage. I'm hoping that Jenna's family receives an answer and closure soon.

Regarding LE, In my opinion, the case got off to slow start and valuable time & information was lost. Since there has been no update by LE in months, we don't know what is currently happening on their end. But the family has been diligent on social media from the beginning and their updates are appreciated. Granted, LE and the family know much more information than the general public, and rightfully so. But the apparent lack of GBI involvement is puzzling, especially if the the assumption is leaning toward Jenna being deceased. IMO, if a search area has been localized, and weekly searches with dogs are being done, then LE must also have a strong POI as well. It's been 6 months now, and past time for some follow up local media coverage. I'm hoping that Jenna's family receives an answer and closure soon.
I agree wholeheartedly that they zeroed in on a prime suspect long ago. The crime is solved aside from their not having located Jenna's remains. Their tight-lippedness indicates that they are diligently building their case--dotting their i's and crossing their t's--and that they don't require additional tips. Moreover, the manner in which they are handling the case is a sure sign that the death penalty will be sought, with or without Jenna's remains.

Jenna is STILL in the NAMUS missing database. Is there a reason or indication that made you think she wasn’t ?

I have not looked myself, but a month or two ago Several people mentioned here that they couldn’t locate her name in the database. I remember because it was another source of frustration for several sleuthers. I took a break due to some medical issues with my son, so it may have been figured out and I missed it. I apologize if I mentioned it in error.

Shire I can’t find what you are referring to - can you help pls ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlmom has covered it really. I was meaning that anyone with Facebook (e.g. friends, family or posters on here) could ask GBI about the case and whether they are already investigating or would consider investigation. Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

I have not looked myself, but a month or two ago Several people mentioned here that they couldn’t locate her name in the database. I remember because it was another source of frustration for several sleuthers. I took a break due to some medical issues with my son, so it may have been figured out and I missed it. I apologize if I mentioned it in error.
She has always been in NAMUS but she isn't in the GBI missing list last time that someone checked. Is she in it now?

Just checked the GBI website. Below is the criteria for seeking GBI involvement in a missing person case. Seems like there are several avenues that Jenna's family could pursue if they were so inclined, but it may actually be more complicated than it appears.

(From GBI website). Please note: You must contact your local law enforcement agency or district attorney to request an investigation. Under Georgia law, the GBI, as an assisting agency, can ONLY respond to requests for investigations from:

• Governing officials of a municipality
  • District Attorneys
  • Sheriffs
  • Superior Court Judges
  • Chief law enforcement officers of any municipality
  • Chiefs of county police departments (in counties with population in excess of 100,000)
  • Chiefs of regular or volunteer fire departments (in suspected arson cases)
  • Governor of Georgia (by directive)

I thought the family, via the police chief had, or were going to request GBI involvement? Maybe that never happened, but I don't understand why.

I agree wholeheartedly that they zeroed in on a prime suspect long ago. The crime is solved aside from their not having located Jenna's remains. Their tight-lippedness indicates that they are diligently building their case--dotting their i's and crossing their t's--and that they don't require additional tips. Moreover, the manner in which they are handling the case is a sure sign that the death penalty will be sought, with or without Jenna's remains.
What do you mean, "the crime is solved". What crime and how is it solved? Please provide a MSM or LE link.

you are definitely assuming way too much here. If the family wasn’t pleading all the time for her “friends” to talk, doing searches etc they can’t assume a crime has been committed either. As a matter of fact I don’t ever remember OPD, GBI, or FBI ever releasing a statement that Jenna’s case has turned into a homicide case. So unless you personally know something maybe you should call in a tip.

Just checked the GBI website. Below is the criteria for seeking GBI involvement in a missing person case. Seems like there are several avenues that Jenna's family could pursue if they were so inclined, but it may actually be more complicated than it appears.

(From GBI website). Please note: You must contact your local law enforcement agency or district attorney to request an investigation. Under Georgia law, the GBI, as an assisting agency, can ONLY respond to requests for investigations from:

• Governing officials of a municipality
  • District Attorneys
  • Sheriffs
  • Superior Court Judges
  • Chief law enforcement officers of any municipality
  • Chiefs of county police departments (in counties with population in excess of 100,000)
  • Chiefs of regular or volunteer fire departments (in suspected arson cases)
  • Governor of Georgia (by directive)

I have family members who are attorneys in Georgia. It is a tight knit group. Jenna has a family member who is a GA attorney. This case is very public in Atlanta. I believe that if there was something to go on, the people on this list would respond. Just me looking from the outside in.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I
I have asked for permission to post Jennas fathers fb post because it has a bit of an update but its in limbo at the moment with WS admin.

I've read some of his comments and can feel his agony. But I don't think LE has shared all their information which probably adds to his frustration. LE typically does not share all their info for the same reason we can read the father's current "updates" on social media of all the things he thinks LE has done wrong. No disrespect....just think we all are not in the know.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

In the beginning there was talk of sex trafficking, then is was squashed. But still mentioned along the way. Perhaps the investigation is bigger than we know and the feds are involved in trying to break the sex trafficking ring open. The parents may be playing along still looking for info, etc, as the Feds work on getting Jenna and other girls out of this sex trafficking ring in Georgia or where it may be. We may get the feeling that Georgia LE isn't doing much maybe it's out of their hands and in the hands of the FEDS. If this is the case, no one is saying anything. Rightfully so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie