GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you guys are still advocating and keeping this thread alive. I really had no opinion before- or I didn’t feel the weight of any opinion I may have had as of last year. Listened to a podcast with her family. Incredibly effective in making me realize that this isn’t a guessing game. Jenna. A human. With a family. Love. Now no answers.

I realized sadly that I do have an opinion. And instead of feeling distance anymore or like I’m just putting up an educated guess, I feel real sadness. I feel anger too. Why is this young woman’s story, whose family is also speaking up for (admirably), not getting her story told, let alone really acknowledged.

Sucks

I started snooping on social media and her friends were posting how they were sorry they "left her there." Did any information about her last night come out? I know we can't talk about rumors but the last MSM information I saw was that she texted someone she was laying down and then no one saw her again. It's so bizarre. After all this time you'd think they'd release more information.

On what social media if you dont mind saying....if thats not aginst the rules to say. Im interested in seeing others thoughts. Tia.

Reactions: MFH

Actually it slipped through my mind too when I saw this Jane Doe....the situation I mean....

Glad you guys are still advocating and keeping this thread alive. I really had no opinion before- or I didn’t feel the weight of any opinion I may have had as of last year. Listened to a podcast with her family. Incredibly effective in making me realize that this isn’t a guessing game. Jenna. A human. With a family. Love. Now no answers.

I realized sadly that I do have an opinion. And instead of feeling distance anymore or like I’m just putting up an educated guess, I feel real sadness. I feel anger too. Why is this young woman’s story, whose family is also speaking up for (admirably), not getting her story told, let alone really acknowledged.

Sucks

Thank you for this post....especially where you tell us that this does something emotionally with you (no offence or sarcasm here) You should share your opinion more...every body with can add something what can be of value.

Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen

Post on the help find FB thread with pic of an article about the 1 year vigil, reward money, etc. This poor family, I think they are just working so hard and struggling every day to keep her case in the public awareness. It’s really sad that Jenna’s “friends” have seemingly disappeared and are not advocating for her on SM. This family needs answers.

It feels strange......coming back to this thread...really hoping there could be some kind off "good" news, and they found her....where is she?

It is really sad.
Some missing people, get many, many threads, whereas others, as here, are very quiet.
Imagine how these families must feel, that little is happening, regarding their loved one.

I have never posted because I didn't have much to add, but I've been following this case since Jenna went missing. I live pretty close to where Jenna lived and I went to Emory undergrad, so I'm familiar with where Jenna's parents live as well. I think about Jenna often and I wonder if she was ever my cashier at Pet Supplies Plus. If anyone ever has any geographical questions, I would be happy to help answer them.

I saw that some human bones were discovered today in Bankhead (not a good neighborhood at all) on the 700 block of Wheeler Street, which google says is about a 9 minute drive from where Jenna's car was discovered. It probably isn't her, but I do hope for closure for her family, whatever that means. Here's the article:

BREAKING: Police investigating human bones found in NW Atlanta

Thank you for posting! And welcome to Websleuths.

I do hope this is Jenna, just to give her parents some peace. Hopefully it would also help LE reinvigorate the investigation and bring the person responsible to justice.

I have never posted because I didn't have much to add, but I've been following this case since Jenna went missing. I live pretty close to where Jenna lived and I went to Emory undergrad, so I'm familiar with where Jenna's parents live as well. I think about Jenna often and I wonder if she was ever my cashier at Pet Supplies Plus. If anyone ever has any geographical questions, I would be happy to help answer them.

I saw that some human bones were discovered today in Bankhead (not a good neighborhood at all) on the 700 block of Wheeler Street, which google says is about a 9 minute drive from where Jenna's car was discovered. It probably isn't her, but I do hope for closure for her family, whatever that means. Here's the article:

Welcome SleuthinginATL. :):)
Knowing the area, your knowledge would be invaluable.
Thanks, for anything you may add.

Welcome SleuthinginATL. Thanks for posting this news-item.... It sure could be Jenna, considering the distance and the finding place. We have to wait patiently for more to come. Thinking of Jenna's family who have to endure the fearful waiting every time this kind of findings occur.

Last edited:
And also, the place where the body was found (yellow dot) is only 13 minutes from Jenna's parents house, almost in a straight line and easy to drive further up to Defoor Place where her car was found (also on the map)

Attachments

• Body found Wheelerstreet Atlanta.JPG
    Body found Wheelerstreet Atlanta.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 20
There is an update on that article now. I don't believe it is Jenna. The article states that an investigator says, "it is highly unlikely we will ever be able to identify them". Surely they would be able to extract DNA out of bones, so if it was Jenna they would know because I am pretty sure they have her DNA from her hairbrush and also have her family's DNA. Police investigating human bones found in NW Atlanta
I prefer to think that Jenna was kidnapped and trafficked rather than murdered. I am still hopeful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010