GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I just registered so I can post in this thread. I live in the same neighborhood as the VanGelderens and have been following the updates since Jenna's dad posted on our community board about a week after Jenna went missing.

I am dismayed that Jenna's dad just posted today, December 2nd, that LE *still* does not have the ping information from her TMobile cell, *nor* have looked into the potential suspects' last known locations at the time that Jenna went missing. I am just baffled. When someone goes missing, isn't it pretty standard for LE to start with the last known location? Could it be that LE is still not treating this as an involuntary disappearance?

He also mentioned that they have an expert searcher with dogs to search, but without knowing her last known location, they don't know where to search!

I would love to help in any search, but it seems to me that the last known location is key. It's so sad that the family is trying so hard to find her but basic information is missing.

Hi all, I just registered so I can post in this thread. I live in the same neighborhood as the VanGelderens and have been following the updates since Jenna's dad posted on our community board about a week after Jenna went missing. I am dismayed that Jenna's dad just posted that LE *still* does not have the ping information from her TMobile cell, *nor* have looked into the potential suspects' last known locations at the time that Jenna went missing. I am just baffled. When someone goes missing, isn't it pretty standard for LE to start with the last known location? Could it be that LE is still not treating this as an involuntary disappearance?

He also mentioned that they have an expert searcher with dogs to search, but without knowing her last known location, they don't know where to search!

I would love to help in any search, but it seems to me that the last known location is key.

Welcome HistoricalFiction. To distinguish between "older" and "newer" information it's relevant at what date this was posted on the community board. You say it was a week after Jenna went missing and the "state of the art" at that moment....It would be a very different story if Jenna's dad posted this for example yesterday, if you know what I mean. I think LE has this information by now, but it's not made public (by family or LE) as far as I know.

Sorry to have been vague. I have edited my post to include that the post is from today - December 2nd - 135 after going missing. LE still does not have the cell pings. This is NOT common, is it?

Sorry to have been vague. I have edited my post to include that the post is from today - December 2nd - 135 after going missing. LE still does not have the cell pings. This is NOT common, is it?

Thank you so much....In my eyes this is very, very weird...

I am sure Subie told us some time ago that LE did have the pings but he couldn't share the info. I will look and link it. Do you know if anyone in the community provided or were asked for their property surveillance footage?

Welcome to WS. Glad to have someone here from the community.

I don't think this is the same tapestry as the one in the photo with the silhouette head. However, we have all been assuming the photo with the silhouette is a photo of the actual tapestry that was in the home. I don't think they said it was, so it might not be. (Although I think it probably is, ha ha.) MOO
Clear as mud.. :laughing:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Atlanta-18-Aug-2017-3&p=13686203#post13686203

This is the post where Subie told us they did have data from the phone carriers. However, a later post of his said LE didn't have them. I'll link that too . I think this means LE have it but Subie probably shouldn't have told us and that is part of the reason he doesn't comment anymore as he was telling us stuff that he should not have been. JMO.

Eta I won't link the other post because it is better to just go forward from the one above reading the posts, as they are the last few that Subie made. It coincided with new detectives being on the case and Subie then discusses the traffic cam info they are getting, then his last post saying no more comments.

Where was this posted?

Happy Birthday Jenna [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The dad specifically mentions the TMobile phone. Could it be that they got the ping data from the other phone, but haven't gotten the one from her TMobile phone?

The dad specifically mentions the TMobile phone. Could it be that they got the ping data from the other phone, but haven't gotten the one from her TMobile phone?
IMO....they have all of it that they thought pertinent. LE rarely shares the info, and for good reason. As quiet as they are, LE probably has ideas of what's going on.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Unless Subie breaks his silence on here to confirm what is correct we have no way of knowing. Are you able to answer the question I had about surveillance cameras and tell us about any flyers in the neighbourhood?
We can only go by what is in MSM, LE or on the family Help Find JVG Fb page. Did he post it on there ?

I've been following quite a few different threads, so I haven't kept abreast of all the details perfectly. Did LE lift any prints--Jenna's or anyone else's--from her car, or had it been wiped clean? Have they said one way or another?

I've been following quite a few different threads, so I haven't kept abreast of all the details perfectly. Did LE lift any prints--Jennas or anyone else's--from her car, or had it been wiped clean? Have they said one way or another?

We know nothing. Both cars were processed but we have no info on any outcomes AFAIK. I don't even think the family knows results.

I've been following quite a few different threads, so I haven't kept abreast of all the details perfectly. Did LE lift any prints--Jenna's or anyone else's--from her car, or had it been wiped clean? Have they said one way or another?
Taken from the timeline at the start of this thread....

* Insideher car that was out of gas, I don’t think so…..media thing?? yielded zerofingerprints nor clues.[\b]Nearby store security camera videos in the areaprovided police with no further leads.

* Forthe record: media stated door was unlocked…Family corrected this with11alive..door was deadbolt locked.

* Theychecked mom’s car for Fingerprints; Yes for finger prints have not heard yetwhat they found T2 # 225 VI Finger prints should be in the car. I agree, butaccording to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If sothat means someone wiped it down [\b]

Taken from the timeline at the start of this thread....

* Insideher car that was out of gas, I don’t think so…..media thing?? yielded zerofingerprints nor clues.[\b]Nearby store security camera videos in the areaprovided police with no further leads.

* Forthe record: media stated door was unlocked…Family corrected this with11alive..door was deadbolt locked.

* Theychecked mom’s car for Fingerprints; Yes for finger prints have not heard yetwhat they found T2 # 225 VI Finger prints should be in the car. I agree, butaccording to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If sothat means someone wiped it down [\b]

This was all from Subie I think wasn't it? Did we have a link to the " news article" that Subie mentioned? I am now doubting the info from the VI as he is no longer commenting on here and his info about the phone data was conflicting IMO.

I am now doubting the info from the VI as he is no longer commenting on here and his info about the phone data was conflicting IMO.

I have thought the same thing for awhile. Without the brother's information, we have absolutely no information. It would be interesting to see a timeline of facts that we know from sources other than the family. Even the media's information came straight from the family. It would be wonderful if the media could speak directly to the ex, speak to the SC girl, speak to Uber girl, speak to witness who saw her in her mother's car and speak to LE.

I would love direct confirmation from SC girl that she spoke to Jenna at 11:45pm and that the text from Jenna at 2:00am sounds like something she would write. So if you are on here, please speak up.

If the media are on here, I would love to hear of any information that you heard directly from any of the people who saw her or spoke to her that day.

I am not implying that the family is misleading us (although there appears to have been contradictory info as shiresleuth said) - just that everything we know is hearsay.

I have thought the same thing for awhile. Without the brother's information, we have absolutely no information. It would be interesting to see a timeline of facts that we know from sources other than the family. Even the media's information came straight from the family. It would be wonderful if the media could speak directly to the ex, speak to the SC girl, speak to Uber girl, speak to witness who saw her in her mother's car and speak to LE.

I would love direct confirmation from SC girl that she spoke to Jenna at 11:45pm and that the text from Jenna at 2:00am sounds like something she would write. So if you are on here, please speak up.

If the media are on here, I would love to hear of any information that you heard directly from any of the people who saw her or spoke to her that day.

I am not implying that the family is misleading us (although there appears to have been contradictory info as shiresleuth said) - just that everything we know is hearsay.

Totally. I just don't get it.

There's plenty of options for local media if they want to do a follow up. They don't need to wait for the family's permission or for the family to supply them with info. They can ask them to comment and if they don't want to add anything, it's their choice. Like you said, go ask other people involved. Stay on it, do some leg work. That's what reporters are supposed to be doing.

Don't get me wrong, there's a ton of other crimes here so not implying they're sitting around with nothing to do but this story is different. It's the holidays, a local woman is still missing with no trace, rewards are offered. And, if it's really bigger than "just Jenna" then even more reason to inform the public.

We can all think of numerous questions. What are police doing? What have they done? Where was her last known location? Who was the last person she was known to be with? Who was the last person she spoke with? What were her plans that night? How can the community help? What happened with the initial mix up reported by this other jurisdiction and the confusion over mistaken identity? How does that happen? Do police still think she left on her own?

Are we the only people asking these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members