GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken from this link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1709/19/ptab.01.html

.. "And the fried, who lives in South Carolina, was en route to Atlanta, I assume to comfort her or to be with her after this experience"

Is that so? I asked a while back if a friend was due to visit Jenna on the Saturday and i was assured no and that the info i had seen was probably relating to the vet tech arranging to meet up. Now im not so sure.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I don't know what to make of that. They definitely say the SC friend was on her way, but that wasn't the case was it? Hasn't the SC friend since commented about J on the family facebook?
This case is just full of apparent misinformation.

Just a thought on J's phones. Subie has said J's phone rang on the Saturday morning but presumably he didn't know about her second phone at that time so didn't try that one.
The phones may still have been pinging though because they still ping until the battery dies. If her phone rang when he called, a ping would have been generated so LE will have her location at that specific time - around 9 a.m. on Saturday so LE will know that as a minimum. Why has nothing been done to publicize this by LE?
Perhaps family could do a follow up with Ashley Banfield, because there is a lot more that could be discussed IMO.

I don't know what to make of that. They definitely say the SC friend was on her way, but that wasn't the case was it? Hasn't the SC friend since commented about J on the family facebook?

Just a thought on J's phones. Subie has said J's phone rang on the Saturday morning but presumably he didn't know about her second phone at that time so didn't try that one.
The phones may still have been pinging though because they still ping until the battery dies. If her phone rang when he called, a ping would have been generated so LE will have her location at that specific time - around 9 a.m. on Saturday so LE will know that as a minimum. Why has nothing been done to publicize this by LE?
Perhaps family could do a follow up with Ashley Banfield, because there is a lot more that could be discussed IMO.

This^^^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taken from this link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1709/19/ptab.01.html6

.. "And the fried, who lives in South Carolina, was en route to Atlanta, I assume to comfort her or to be with her after this experience"

Is that so? I asked a while back if a friend was due to visit Jenna on the Saturday and i was assured no and that the info i had seen was probably relating to the vet tech arranging to meet up. Now im not so sure.

The way I read this is that the friend was probably planning to visit on Saturday following their conversation on Friday night. It is about a 2 hour drive from Atlanta. Since she has kids my guess is that she did not leave in the middle of the night nor at the crack of dawn.
I think this is plausible and so I am wondering now who told you (Stanly) that it wasn't and that the friend being referred to is the vet.

The phone ping at 9am has been my point all along which is why I think LE knows exactly what happened but just cannot prove it.

The way I read this is that the friend was probably planning to visit on Saturday following their conversation on Friday night. It is about a 2 hour drive from Atlanta. Since she has kids my guess is that she did not leave in the middle of the night nor at the crack of dawn.
I think this is plausible and so I am wondering now who told you (Stanly) that it wasn't and that the friend being referred to is the vet.

IIRC the fact that the friend was on her way to Atlanta came from the media and was not correct.

But wouldn't the friend have still come? J wasn't reported missing to LE till the Sunday. Then LE would have pinged her phone (s) as that is the first thing LE do in MP cases.
Did family know about the second phone and report it to LE straight away for them to ping both phones?
When and where was the last ping on each phone?

IIRC the fact that the friend was on her way to Atlanta came from the media and was not correct.
Do you have a link to the fact (or Subie's post) that states it was incorrect? I haven't been able to find it.

IMO the only thing we can do is keep reviewing and questioning what we have. For example, why did noone on Saturday (especially anyone who knew J had broken up with her bf that night, ) try to contact Jenna?

Do you have a link to the fact (or Subie's post) that states it was incorrect? I haven't been able to find it.
My screenshot was removed. Post #508 on thread 3

My screenshot was removed. Post #508 on thread 3

Maybe the friend did come to Atlanta? MOO. She would certainly have tried to contact her the next day knowing J had split up, right?

What was it? Can you link to it on an approved source (e.g. help find Jvg , family or admin posts only)

A couple of things I'd like to question. As per timeline, family have said they always knew where J was and who she was with, yet they did not know where she lived before LE and the PI told them, so that first statement doesn't therefore actually make sense.

Family also didn't know about the second phone or alias or the car insurance situation. Therefore how do they know she has not just gone under the radar completely voluntarily?

A couple of things I'd like to question. As per timeline, family have said they always knew where J was and who she was with, yet they did not know where she lived before LE and the PI told them, so that first statement doesn't therefore actually make sense.

Family also didn't know about the second phone or alias or the car insurance situation. Therefore how do they know she has not just gone under the radar completely voluntarily?

Everything you’ve brought up is extremely valid!! Looking back from the beginning to now, many things don’t make sense.

It’s my opinion that the family believed they knew what J was doing at all times but reality is (which I believe they’ve since come to accept), they in fact did not know much about J’s real life. This could be because J was lying to them & telling them she was with X or Y person doing this or that when in reality she was with others & doing diff things. Or, it could simply be that the never asked & she never told. I don’t know that we will ever get the answer to any of the questions but I sure hope for some kind of news soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make good points. Jenna may be missing voluntarily. But I wouldn't expect the family to say, "our daughter is missing and we don't know anything about her whereabouts because she's so secretive." That's not a great way to get a thorough investigation. Also, the secrets apparently caught them off guard.

My question for you (respectfully and out of curiosity) is, what motive would Jenna have for voluntarily disappearing, and where do you think she would go?

You make good points. Jenna may be missing voluntarily. But I wouldn't expect the family to say, "our daughter is missing and we don't know anything about her whereabouts because she's so secretive." That's not a great way to get a thorough investigation. Also, the secrets apparently caught them off guard.

My question for you (respectfully and out of curiosity) is, what motive would Jenna have for voluntarily disappearing, and where do you think she would go?

One could be pregnancy. Another could be independence. A third reason could be the one her brother mentioned right at the beginning. We don't know all her acquaintances. LE do not seem to be dealing with her disappearance with any sense of urgency, which is something I do not understand. AJMO.

I am in the camp that something nefarious and tragic has happened to Jenna. I do not think she is away voluntarily. I certainly HOPE that's the case and that she is okay and that she will contact her family and those who love her, but sadly, I don't think that's what's going on. I don't KNOW anything more than anyone else, but what I do know leads me to be very concerned.

I hope there is some kind of news soon.

One could be pregnancy. Another could be independence. A third reason could be the one her brother mentioned right at the beginning. We don't know all her acquaintances. LE do not seem to be dealing with her disappearance with any sense of urgency, which is something I do not understand. AJMO.

I'm dense. I went back through and couldn't find the third reason. Are you referring to self-harm as the third reason? Unfortunately, that's the only other thing I can think of. If she had conversations with her (true) friends about self-harm especially after the breakup, that could explain the lack of urgency. Any thoughts on where she might have gone if she left voluntarily but did not harm herself? Are you thinking she might have other acquaintances we haven't discussed and/or the family doesn't know about?

Posts 328 and 389 on thread 1 and also in Bit of Hope's timeline Part 1 on page 1 of this thread mention sex worker rumours which is my third possibility.
I think it is very likely she had acquaintances that family knew nothing about and I guess the Metro pcs phone was the reason she kept those acquaintancies private from the family. That phone should have provided a lot of data to LE. AJMO.
Eta, I do not suspect self harm as there does not appear to be any evidence of depression.
Also, remember the townhome guy who was supposedly spoken to by the FBI and no further action? What is that all about?

MOO.

Post 412 on thread l states that FBI spoke to townhome guy. Sorry I was too late to add this as a reference on my last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654