GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any statistics on this? E.g. % of missing never being found, % found deceased etc?
Obviously if persons go missing voluntarily and never return, we would never know that I guess.

I’ve always thought it would be extremely interesting to chart percentage of adults missing who are found deceased by suicide, by homicide, by accident, and voluntarily missing. My own experiences are the biggest percentage are missing because of self harm, then accident, then homicide, followed distantly by voluntary missing. But I have no idea of the exact percentages.

ETA: this is only among over 18 adults who have been missing for at least two weeks. Plenty of adults do wander off, but generally they are found quickly.

Wasn't the tapestry removed through a hole in the glass? I read that in a post in one of the earlier threads. How did the hole get there? With no additional details, a broken picture frame sounds like potential evidence of a struggle.
It was a large cracked corner piece that had been removed, the tapestry pulled out and the glass put back in. The piece fell out of the frame when Subie and the police took it down off the wall. Subie left the piece out in case it fell out again.

There is sneaky and secretive, but home base and family are within distance. Part adult, part not; gaps in knowledge and skill are common. I know a whole lot more about mine than he thinks I do. I immediately got that dreaded shot in the gut feeling when I 1st read of her missing. We can always agree to disagree, and I hope the outcome is better than I fear

edited to add- I believe she could have gone with ? voluntarily, but as a temporary type thing and/or thinking she would be in touch with family. Being taken advantage of- absolutely as well
TY for your insight.

8 days and no posts on SM [emoji853] just a little mention to keep things ticking over. Ive run out of ideas to add.

Subie, if you are reading, i hope you are getting some answers.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I am shocked we have no new info on this case. I'm actually pretty floored Jenna hasn't been found yet - whatever her fate. I'm afraid she may not be found at this point if she did come to harm somehow. I think LE really dropped the ball on this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think LE has dropped the ball nor the case. There's lots that may be happening in the investigation behind the scenes. Time will tell. IMO, LE are building a case against someone, and don't have the right pieces to make the charges stick yet. They want to make sure they have a conviction, IMO.

I don't think LE has dropped the ball nor the case. There's lots that may be happening in the investigation behind the scenes. Time will tell. IMO, LE are building a case against someone, and don't have the right pieces to make the charges stick yet. They want to make sure they have a conviction, IMO.

I hope so. The length of time it took them to take the case seriously, subpoena her phone pings, conduct interviews, etc. is appalling though IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my thinking and I sincerely hope we are correct. It is interesting how the father and neighbor each dropped in for single post and are now gone. There is nothing new on the official fb page and no word from Subie. No any longer. No flyers in the area The parents and brother don't post on their own facebooks. I think about Beth Holloway in Aruba for weeks on end doing everything she could think of to find her daughter and yet this family does almost nothing. In MO, the only reason one does nothing is if one already knows what happened and so there is nothing to do. Let's hope the guilty party makes a mistake soon.

Maybe they heard from Jenna, and she does not want to come home. But they still want to know where she is to go and get her. Or the family was told not to discuss the case or the information they know because someone is under suspect. They will not jeopardize that for anyone.

Thinking of Jenna, Subie and your family on the first day of Hannukah and throughout the season.

Given her age, I do not believe that she has left voluntarily and not made contact with anyone, not even her closest friends. If she has chosen to run away, someone is aiding her.

One possible scenario, she has been taken by sex traffickers, which is actually a major problem here in GA. Unfortunately, most articles on sex trafficking in the last decade have pointed to GA as the major extraction point for girls/women kidnapped then sent out of the country. It used to be on the local news/radio in ATL all the time.

Worst case scenario, is the terrible alternative that she is deceased.

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to all our new members. We are very glad you found Websleuths.

Please take a moment and read our rules. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

A reminder to everyone: We do not allow random people's names to be posted. The name has to be connected to the case AND already in the mainstream media.

Take Care,
Tricia

I'm hoping recent posters are correct in thinking the lack of SM activity is meaning something is happening behind the scenes. You can't get the public's help if they don't know about it.
Happy Hannukah to J wherever you are and to family if you still check in here.

I'm hoping recent posters are correct in thinking the lack of SM activity is meaning something is happening behind the scenes. You can't get the public's help if they don't know about it.
Happy Hannukah to J wherever you are and to family if you still check in here.
Nothing has been posted on Jennas fb since 18th oct! Bizarre, especially as the family are trying to reach out to her friends and acquaintences.

As per Shires, something must be going on behind the scenes as i dont think enough is being done to reach out to her.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Unless Subie breaks his silence on here to confirm what is correct we have no way of knowing. Are you able to answer the question I had about surveillance cameras and tell us about any flyers in the neighbourhood?
We can only go by what is in MSM, LE or on the family Help Find JVG Fb page. Did he post it on there ?

There are sill some flyers inside the Emory buildings, for example medical/lab buildings, posted back when she first disappeared, but IMHO there aren't enough, and I don't think any new flyers have been posted. It's a historical district, so that could affect where flyers are posted. I haven't seen any flyers outside the immediate Emory area.

Regarding sex trafficking, sadly, we keep hearing news here about trafficking rings in this area. This is a piece of news that came out about 6 weeks ago that is one of the many that indicates that it is a big problem here:
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/arrested-georgia-fbi-led-child-sex-trafficking-operation/

What is troubling to me is that the dad has been posting since she went missing about the lack of action on the part of LE. At the beginning, LE provided information to reporters that the brother had said Jenna was in the prostitution business, which according to the dad in a post in our neighborhood group, was NOT true.
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/family-fears-missing-year-old-woman-was-taken-against-her-will/

The dad also indicated it was LE who told them Jenna had been located, and then realized they were in error. [FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Segoe UI, Arial, sans-serif]It was not a third party, it was LE. So, at the beginning LE did not really think she had left involuntarily. I don't know if they are still following that theory, but I am concerned that some of the basic information shared with the public to help locate the missing person (last place seen/pinged, with whom they were) has still not been provided. I do not think she left willingly. I wear glasses and contact lenses, and glasses is the first thing I pack when I leave.[/FONT]

There are sill some flyers inside the Emory buildings, for example medical/lab buildings, posted back when she first disappeared, but IMHO there aren't enough, and I don't think any new flyers have been posted. It's a historical district, so that could affect where flyers are posted. I haven't seen any flyers outside the immediate Emory area.

Regarding sex trafficking, sadly, we keep hearing news here about trafficking rings in this area. This is a piece of news that came out about 6 weeks ago that is one of the many that indicates that it is a big problem here:
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/arrested-georgia-fbi-led-child-sex-trafficking-operation/

What is troubling to me is that the dad has been posting since she went missing about the lack of action on the part of LE. At the beginning, LE provided information to reporters that the brother had said Jenna was in the prostitution business, which according to the dad in a post in our neighborhood group, was NOT true.
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/family-fears-missing-year-old-woman-was-taken-against-her-will/

The dad also indicated it was LE who told them Jenna had been located, and then realized they were in error. [FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Segoe UI, Arial, sans-serif]It was not a third party, it was LE. So, at the beginning LE did not really think she had left involuntarily. I don't know if they are still following that theory, but I am concerned that some of the basic information shared with the public to help locate the missing person (last place seen/pinged, with whom they were) has still not been provided. I do not think she left willingly. I wear glasses and contact lenses, and glasses is the first thing I pack when I leave.[/FONT]

The links aren't working :-(

After taking a little break, a couple of new things clicked for me. These were kinda "duh" moments for me so y'all might be way ahead of me.

1) It's possible/likely someone called LE posing as Jenna's brother early on and told them Jenna was in the prostitution business. That could be why LE announced that her brother told them that.

2) Jenna and her friends used Google Voice (Thread 2 #88). That is possibly/likely the source of the recorded message of Jenna's plans for the evening.

The links aren't working :-(

Sorry, let me try this again:
At the beginning, LE provided information to reporters that the brother had said Jenna was in the prostitution business, which according to the dad in a post in our neighborhood group, was NOT true.
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...aken-against-her-will/AXRjSl9DqEHLqhOq2lkMNN/

This is a piece of news that came out about 6 weeks ago that is one of the many that indicates that it is a big problem here:
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...trafficking-operation/KUH0ch0ixwmEe22tFBOE2K/

Also, regarding the lack of flyers, the businesses in the area (for example the CVS) have some flyers about concerts and events, but no flyers about Jenna.

There was an item left in the bedroom, and a request to any of her friends that know what it is to come forward. Why are thee so many convoluted facts in this case?? Why no push from LE, or family? I think the FBI should work this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori