GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to have a new thread started? Or do you think it’s too late, with all the crazy theories and speculations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think a new thread could hurt anything!! [emoji4]

There was a thread for her previously. There was so much speculation surrounding her disappearance I believe it ended up being removed.

You can google & find all the FB pages as well as some Reddit threads on Morgan. Lots of crazy stuff there. Problem is, no one knows what’s true & not true, sadly!

I posted back in September on Thread #3 Post #7, referencing her and what I viewed as similarities between the cases and my post was snipped with the following "Reason: Please do not bring that case into this discussion." So, I am pretty sure that we cannot discuss it any further.

http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-

Maybe this will get something going.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wow..... I had my doubts about how LE is handling this case all along but hearing this I'm shocked....so many leads, taking peoples words for granted (ex-boyfriend) not acting on it immediately, no forensics from the house and mothers car, no thoroughly checking the apartment Jenna reportedly rented (very strange reaction from the roommate, when asked about a bed he said she just slept on the floor), and most shocking of it all: not using information from Jenna's social media, Email and Google Maps Timeline provided by the family (as LE said, we can't use this, it's illegally obtained), Jenna could sue you and us) and trying to get location of the phone information from AT&T instead of T-Mobile.....what!!!!?????? They lost months with this stupidity. Some new details that makes the time-line a little clearer....I'm pretty sure Jenna's dad was talking about a friend from NC instead of SC.

Now they do know the ping-location finally....I hope they do everything in their power to find Jenna right now.

I posted back in September on Thread #3 Post #7, referencing her and what I viewed as similarities between the cases and my post was snipped with the following "Reason: Please do not bring that case into this discussion." So, I am pretty sure that we cannot discuss it any further.
Im sure i saw somewhere, or was told by a member, that the family requested the MB thread to be removed. That might be why its not allowed to be discussed aswell.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Wow..... I had my doubts about how LE is handling this case all along but hearing this I'm shocked....so many leads, taking peoples words for granted (ex-boyfriend) not acting on it immediately, no forensics from the house and mothers car, no thoroughly checking the apartment Jenna reportedly rented (very strange reaction from the roommate, when asked about a bed he said she just slept on the floor), and most shocking of it all: not using information from Jenna's social media, Email and Google Maps Timeline provided by the family (as LE said, we can't use this, it's illegally obtained), Jenna could sue you and us) and trying to get location of the phone information from AT&T instead of T-Mobile.....what!!!!?????? They lost months with this stupidity. Some new details that makes the time-line a little clearer....I'm pretty sure Jenna's dad was talking about a friend from NC instead of SC.

Now they do know the ping-location finally....I hope they do everything in their power to find Jenna right now.
Jenna could only sue if she was alive so that could be a good way to flush her out. What do they mean "obtained illegally" ? Because Subie accessed it or what?
( sorry haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Lost my internet connection for 24 hours so catching up still.)

Jenna could only sue if she was alive so that could be a good way to flush her out. What do they mean "obtained illegally" ? Because Subie accessed it or what?
( sorry haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Lost my internet connection for 24 hours so catching up still.)

From the interview episode 105 with Jenna’s father, Jenna’s father speaking.

“One thing we haven’t touched on that is interesting about this case and I think that other parents in this situation need to be aware off
Because I had access to her phone, T-Mobile was able to let me ghost a new phone with her phonenumber. And my son who’s technology savvy was able to change all her passwords and get into all her Google and G-mail account, everything, and we turned all that information over to the police, because I didn’t know how much information Google collects on somebody including timeline, recorded chat, you name it. There was a trove of information. And when we gave it to the police they said well you got it illegally, we can’t look at it, your daughter might sue you over this.
I’m an attorney and to this day --to this day!-- the information that we have given them, they keep ignoring it. They had hundreds of pages that we have given them that we got from online sources. I’ve been reading enough other cases where other parents have done the same thing and access the account right away cause you can pull it up online and right away see who were the last calls and it’s essential.. most people don’t realize that if the phone has ‘location’ turned on that Google is tracking the phone and has a timeline…and that information is invaluable and we had that information and gave it to the police. As recently -as a couple offweek ago- they were still questioning whether I owned the account, although we gave them all the information. “

I am in the UK and agree that things will be dealt with differently here, like all other countries, counties and states. I have just searched a very quick search and this link came up first...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...ZDGoQFggoMAE&usg=AOvVaw2oy2o21kfSgD-fPjAFkgGi

I have not even looked through this document but from a quick glance you can see how thorough and complex a missing persons case might be. Hands are tied by red tape and everything SHOULD be done by the book. Officers jobs are at risk for doing things they shouldnt be and they cant be seen to be harrassing POI's and holding them longer than neccessary for interviews. Everything they do needs justification.

I completely understand why they are saying that info was obtained illegally. If LE suspect/assume/know Jenna left voluntarily then its breach of her confidentiality. Data Protection and all that. If i was fed up with life and my family say, and walked out, i would be so angry that my family went through my personal emails and stuff.

This case is very frustrating and i dont think LE are doing themselves any favours by keeping quiet. A brief statement snd acknowledgement they are looking into it seriously would suffice. But at the same time i dont think its fair to assume they are doing nothing. iirc at the beginning the family thought it was typical Jenna and she was very secretive and 'lived a double life'. You cannot blame LE for not jumping straight in at the start if they were led to believe it could be voluntary.

Just MO

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Someone (like a reporter) needs to continue to question LE as to status of this case.

Until there is contrary information from LE or Jenna returns, I'm going to think they're not doing enough as I've heard nothing to prove otherwise.

Maybe there's a balance in how much pressure to use when hoping LE is going to get your family member back. However, when there's no sign of progress and the updates are non existent, I'd go to the media. The general public needs to be reminded that she's still missing and if LE cares about helping, they should be eager to get that information out.

Here's hoping the new year will bring some new information for the family about J's whereabouts.

I think someone out there knows something (or at least suspects something strongly) about Jenna's disappearance but is afraid to come forward. If there is such a person, I believe (s)he's probably afraid of being harmed herself or arrested. She may not have even done anything wrong but may have been told repeatedly that she'll be in trouble if the truth comes out. Is there a way an informant like this could be protected, and/or be given a lesser sentence if she cooperates with the police? I'm just thinking that sometimes people want to do the right thing but don't know how to get themselves out of a mess. I think if there is someone like I'm describing, she is reading everything about this case, including this post. If so, what kind of advice would you give her regarding going to the police or finding a free lawyer or telling a preacher or whatever? Doing the right thing is hard! Let's make it easier for someone to do so.
(My own opinion, obviously.)

I think someone out there knows something (or at least suspects something strongly) about Jenna's disappearance but is afraid to come forward. If there is such a person, I believe (s)he's probably afraid of being harmed herself or arrested. She may not have even done anything wrong but may have been told repeatedly that she'll be in trouble if the truth comes out. Is there a way an informant like this could be protected, and/or be given a lesser sentence if she cooperates with the police? I'm just thinking that sometimes people want to do the right thing but don't know how to get themselves out of a mess. I think if there is someone like I'm describing, she is reading everything about this case, including this post. If so, what kind of advice would you give her regarding going to the police or finding a free lawyer or telling a preacher or whatever? Doing the right thing is hard! Let's make it easier for someone to do so.
(My own opinion, obviously.)
My opinion is that it would depend on what said person could reveal.
Also, we don't know the exact reason why Jenna is missing.
Couldn't an anonymous tip be called in to ensure "safety"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My opinion is that it would depend on what said person could reveal.
Also, we don't know the exact reason why Jenna is missing.
Couldn't an anonymous tip be called in to ensure "safety"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All good points. Thank you. She may be missing voluntarily. But if not....

What do you mean by, "it depends upon what said person could reveal?" Would different kinds of knowledge mean different levels of legal trouble for an informant?

There are a lot of people out there who don't trust law enforcement. How does it work if somebody who has some inside knowledge goes and talks to a lawyer? Would a lawyer be able to advise someone on the best way to reveal evidence? Are there low-cost or free lawyers available if someone needed one, and how would somebody find one?

Anonymous tips may have been called in or emailed already for all we know. (Especially since we don't know much.) LE may be at the stage of needing evidence from somebody willing to talk instead of anonymous tips.

All good points. Thank you. She may be missing voluntarily. But if not....

What do you mean by, "it depends upon what said person could reveal?" Would different kinds of knowledge mean different levels of legal trouble for an informant?

There are a lot of people out there who don't trust law enforcement. How does it work if somebody who has some inside knowledge goes and talks to a lawyer? Would a lawyer be able to advise someone on the best way to reveal evidence? Are there low-cost or free lawyers available if someone needed one, and how would somebody find one?

Anonymous tips may have been called in or emailed already for all we know. (Especially since we don't know much.) LE may be at the stage of needing evidence from somebody willing to talk instead of anonymous tips.
I would suggest the person call Crimestoppers. They can be anonymous or leave their name and ask Crimestoppers to keep their name anonymous (e.g. if they wanted the reward money). They will be used to this type of quandary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966