GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news about the increase in reward! It's cool how they can guarantee that the person calling in will remain anonymous. I agree with previous posters. With the announcement of a (more) specific time frame, and "additional" cell phone pings, I think they're building a case against someone in particular. Now would be a good time for someone with more information to make that anonymous call.
I wonder also, if it is to do with the previous 'sighting' we arent allowed to discuss. Modsnip me if not allowed :-/

If she was seen later in the morn they might assume there are more pings. Maybe on phone number 2.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I wonder also, if it is to do with the previous 'sighting' we arent allowed to discuss. Modsnip me if not allowed :-/

If she was seen later in the morn they might assume there are more pings. Maybe on phone number 2.

I don't remember not being able to discuss the sighting here, but that the sighting was deemed not credible according to the family, right? (Unless you're talking about a different incidence.)

A question... does Crimestoppers get involved with a standard missing persons case or does there have to be evidence if a crime involved?

A question... does Crimestoppers get involved with a standard missing persons case or does there have to be evidence if a crime involved?

What a very good question....sorry, don't know the answer.....

I don't remember not being able to discuss the sighting here, but that the sighting was deemed not credible according to the family, right? (Unless you're talking about a different incidence.)
Basically Subie mentioned something he shouldn't have - we all discussed it as allowed at that time. Then it was removed and we all have forgotten about it now haven't we? No one mentioned it was removed as being not credible. No one was given a reason. Just one of those things we have to deal with.
In my opinion I think someone has been seen in J's car sometime in the morning on that Saturday. Whether it be J or someone else driving, I don't know. Personally I believe it was J because it was not even suspected she was missing until the Saturday p.m. when the vet tech got no answer at the house. It is those movements Saturday morning that LE are trying to pin down. Did LE subpoena the family phones and the vet tech I wonder? They would have to really as it was a family account anyway. :cow:

I think we will find out things that we have been considering will astound us.
There's a lot that has been stated as possible fact from what we've heard from ppl that we, as WSers, have been warned to either accept or not from VIs.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Could you be more specific?

I think tipsters have to either suspect a crime is to take place, know that it has taken place, or that it is currently taking place. If J was voluntarily missing that would not be a crime so tipping that, for example, would not yield a reward imo but would be passed on to the authorities (so they could decide to stand down). Lets say for example, Jenna rang them herself to say she was ok - what would happen then? Originally the reward was "for her safe return " IIRC, so I don't know if that has changed with this new amount.
:cow: :moo:

I think tipsters have to either suspect a crime is to take place, know that it has taken place, or that it is currently taking place. If J was voluntarily missing that would not be a crime so tipping that, for example, would not yield a reward imo but would be passed on to the authorities. Originally the reward was "for her safe return " IIRC, so I don't know if that has changed with this new amount.
Yeah thats what i suspect but i wonder if Crimestoppers would only take on a case with evidence of related crime. I dont see any other missing persons cases that they are involved in. Would there have to be a certain criteria to meet when they get involved? By lack of LE involvement we are led to believe shes walked away but with Crimestoppers being involved you would think a crime has been committed. There doesnt seem to be any focus on the tapestry (theft of).

Yeah thats what i suspect but i wonder if Crimestoppers would only take on a case with evidence of related crime. I dont see any other missing persons cases that they are involved in. Would there have to be a certain criteria to meet when they get involved? By lack of LE involvement we are led to believe shes walked away but with Crimestoppers being involved you would think a crime has been committed. There doesnt seem to be any focus on the tapestry (theft of).

Is it still for her safe return? If we don't know could someone ask that on the help find page?
All the regional crimestoppers appear to have a board and they have there own criteria. I did look up the Atlanta one and it is really up to that board. If the parents approached them and offered some of the reward themselves they would make a board decision.
That's how I think it works. If LE suspect a crime has taken place then where exactly have they said that? Has anyone got a link saying a crime is suspected? Just playing devil's advocate here.

"Reward through Crimestoppers increased to $25,000 for arrest and conviction and $25,000 for return of Jenna safe
Thanks to Clear Channel for those video billboards throughout Atlanta.
Searches ongoing throughout the holidays."

As per FB.

(I have alerted Mods as not sure if im allowed to post)

“Reward through Crimestoppers increased to $25,000 for arrest and conviction“

IMOO, to me they worded it as though a crime has been committed. Wait, are their two separate rewards?

“Reward through Crimestoppers increased to $25,000 for arrest and conviction“

IMOO, to me they worded it as though a crime has been committed. Wait, are their two separate rewards?
Thats how i interpret it too, and 2 rewards.

Where are the searches taking place? Anyone know? Are they volunteers or LE or both?
I know some posters expressed a desire to help.
Perhaps they're using dogs. Any local reporting?

I’ve only seen the reward go up to $25,000 from crimestoppers and $10,000 from Jenna’s family.

I think tipsters have to either suspect a crime is to take place, know that it has taken place, or that it is currently taking place. If J was voluntarily missing that would not be a crime so tipping that, for example, would not yield a reward imo but would be passed on to the authorities (so they could decide to stand down). Lets say for example, Jenna rang them herself to say she was ok - what would happen then? Originally the reward was "for her safe return " IIRC, so I don't know if that has changed with this new amount.

There are a few missing people (with no apparent crime) listed on the Crimestoppers page. You have to look under "Find Criminals" and "Other" to see them. I can't find Jenna on there at all, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to search for her name on the website. The current reward or rewards that have been mentioned are not up on the Crimestoppers FB page yet as far as I can tell, but I may not have seen it because the search function is not that great on their page. Maybe they'll get that up on their site and FB page soon after this holiday. (Fingers crossed.)

Sweet Jenna and the Van Gelderen family...good thoughts for you. Maybe 2018 will bring some resolution.

There are a few missing people (with no apparent crime) listed on the Crimestoppers page. You have to look under "Find Criminals" and "Other" to see them. I can't find Jenna on there at all, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to search for her name on the website. The current reward or rewards that have been mentioned are not up on the Crimestoppers FB page yet as far as I can tell, but I may not have seen it because the search function is not that great on their page. Maybe they'll get that up on their site and FB page soon after this holiday. (Fingers crossed.)
Only just saw this post as something has happened to the way posts are displaying for me. I found Jenna's original one on Crimestoppers by going back through older posts.

Lets hope the new one gets out there in 2018.

HNY all.

:fireworks: :balloons:

Just noticed 10 guests but only 2 members viewing. (Me and one other)

:wave: to the guests. Please sign up and give us your thoughts.

I’m still here checking every day. Kind of ran out of things to discuss since the VI removed a few posts, I’m guessing the contents of those is now off limits. Did we ever establish if there was a safe behind the frame containing the Egyptian tapestry? I would be very interested to hear from the vet regarding the last time he saw Jenna, her mood and whether there were any visitors with her at the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=13702414

"Hey everyone sorry, no major updates right now. All I know right now is that the new detectives are still going over the information on the case file. Trying hard to get the GBI involved , they are more than willing to help from who we have spoken to. Waiting on DeKalb Police to assist in getting this going still. Our patience is running thin."

Are the GBI involved yet i wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members