GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still here checking every day. Kind of ran out of things to discuss since the VI removed a few posts, I’m guessing the contents of those is now off limits. Did we ever establish if there was a safe behind the frame containing the Egyptian tapestry? I would be very interested to hear from the vet regarding the last time he saw Jenna, her mood and whether there were any visitors with her at the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No info on anything really. I agree about the vet tech and visitors. So much has not been shared. Let's hope 2018 and increased reward will bring news.

Any news about searches that any locals have heard? The holidays would be a great time to do that with more people than usual being available.

Any news about searches that any locals have heard? The holidays would be a great time to do that with more people than usual being available.
I agree. Hopefully the additional phone pings info wont take as long to retrieve as the first time.
I recall lots of locals were willing to help with searches so im hoping these people will be contacted.
Its nice to hear that some activity is going on after so long.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

No news on those suitcase remains in ButtsCounty that GBI are involved in that I can see.

If it were Jenna, I think they'd have made the ID by now. I also think Jenna was probably murdered before she was reported missing.
However, it's possible that someone was holding her for months and ultimately gave her an intentional overdose.

I was thinking that too. Seems like police would have looked at missing reports before releasing the sketch.

Probably unlikely, but, could this UID be Jenna: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-in-Vacant-Mall-Food-Court-Space-21-Dec-2017

(I think she looks like the sketch but I don't know that the story fits)
I posted to the wrong thread.

Strangely, the artists sketch shows the girl wearing a green top, but she was found wearing a black mesh style jumpsuit. It certainly could fit but im not sure about how she would have managed to stay underground for so long and without her car, cards, phone etc... i know those things are replaceable.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Probably unlikely, but, could this UID be Jenna: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-in-Vacant-Mall-Food-Court-Space-21-Dec-2017

(I think she looks like the sketch but I don't know that the story fits)

I am thinking there is a likeness and the height fits too. Hopefully family can check it out .

Just remembered the tattoo and have posted about that to Gardener on the other thread. The reports describe her as an Asian woman but Jenna's hair and complexion could be mistaken as Asian.

The food court is vacant I believe, so I wonder, how long the body had been there?

This is about 20 miles NE of the parents home. Perhaps the woman was living at the empty food court?

Very sad.

What was the furthest east gas station that Jenna visited on that Friday night?

Could someone confirm was she found on the 21st Dec as shown on Gardener's post or today as seen in news reports? 21st was Jenna's birthday wasn't it?

Sorry re-reading - she was found on 21 Dec but nothing states how long she had been there. So did LE keep the news out of the media for 12 days?

Also, does the ping data finally obtained by LE on Jenna's birthday, show any locations close to
this mall?

It's not Jenna, she is unidentified, that is why they did a sketch. If it was Jenna especially in Georgia, they would not have proceeded with the sketch. Common sense Jenna has been ruled out.

It's not Jenna, she is unidentified, that is why they did a sketch. If it was Jenna especially in Georgia, they would not have proceeded with the sketch. Common sense Jenna has been ruled out.

No harm in double checking then. Ruled out how?
Could someone who is on Facebook post the sketch on Help find jvg ?

No harm in checking at all. When an unidentified body is found, all the locals that are missing are ruled out and extended throughout the state. Do you really think a sketch would be put out of an UID that could possibly be Jenna without ruling her out first? In all due respect how do you think her family would feel about that? If they opened the morning paper and saw Jenna and authorities didn't rule her in knowing she went missing in the area.

No harm in checking at all. When an unidentified body is found, all the locals that are missing are ruled out and extended throughout the state. Do you really think a sketch would be put out of an UID that could possibly be Jenna without ruling her out first? how do you think her family would feel about that? In all due respect, I am just telling you the reality of how this works.

How exactly was the uid ruled out as not being Jenna?
Family id? DNA? She hasn't even been reported found before today has she AFAIK? If what you are saying has been done, why has Gardener posted the sketch asking for our opinion?

With all due respect I only take LE or MSM as fact. Are you a verified expert?

She was found December 21st, she is Asian. Does that rule out Jenna? The unidentified has a thread dedicated to her, that is what Gardner posted.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/37173754/womans-body-found-in-food-court-of-gwinnett-place-mall

Thanks, that wasn't in the other articles I read about the UID. Although she is listed as Asian, would still be a good idea to ask and have LE rule Jenna out officially. Coroners can be mistaken when guessing the race of a decedent and it can hinder identification. The tattoo is the bigger rule-out factor, IMO. Since Jenna had one it should be very straight forward to ask LE to double check that the UID did NOT have one.

Thanks, that wasn't in the other articles I read about the UID. Although she is listed as Asian, would still be a good idea to ask and have LE rule Jenna out officially. Coroners can be mistaken when guessing the race of a decedent and it can hinder identification. The tattoo is the bigger rule-out factor, IMO. Since Jenna had one it should be very straight forward to ask LE to double check that the UID did NOT have one.

TY Gardner. Not only the likeness but the fact Jenna's height matches too. I cannot see them missing a star of David tattoo but it was small and may even have been removed. Is a DNA check also made? To check the race?

She was found December 21st, she is Asian. Does that rule out Jenna? The unidentified has a thread dedicated to her, that is what Gardner posted.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/37173754/womans-body-found-in-food-court-of-gwinnett-place-mall

I know - I read the Asian comment and the article and have previously commented on such. Have you seen Jenna's photo? Especially the one in the green T? She looks like the sketch. They need to double check. Isn't this why they have put out the sketch so similarities can be drawn? How would family feel if something had not been double checked based on such similarities?

TY Gardner. Not only the likeness but the fact Jenna's height matches too. I cannot see them missing a star of David tattoo but it was small and may even have been removed. Is a DNA check also made? To check the race?

I could be wrong, but I don't think they use DNA to determine race in very many cases. They can usually tell from facial bone structure and they make guesses. But they can be wrong.

That's right Gardener they do not use DNA but skull features to know she was Asian. Yes Shiressleuth there is a resemblance, the weight and height were also on target, However.
i,e, The Natalie Bollinger case: she went missing Dec 28,
December 29 her father Ted Bollinger posted on the fox news channel website: My daughter was murdered I just left the Sheriff's office. "SO the father made it known before LE"
January 2 LE officially confirmed the body found was Natalie Bollinger and it went to the news sources.

My point being is they go to the family first, her handbag could have been there with her name and other identifying things, the father was called in they may have showed him the items he said yes its my daughters items and showed him photos of his daughter. Yes LE can miss things but it would be pretty lame for them to miss a girl Jenna that recently disappeared from 20 miles away. I would bet dollars to donuts they brought a photo of the UID female found at the mall to Jenna's parents (even though she was determined Asian because they could be wrong) and they said "No its not her", and went to other family members of the missing, before they went public with a sketch of an unknown girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654