GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The posts are slowing down on the official FB page :(

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I'm dense. I went back through and couldn't find the third reason. Are you referring to self-harm as the third reason? Unfortunately, that's the only other thing I can think of. If she had conversations with her (true) friends about self-harm especially after the breakup, that could explain the lack of urgency. Any thoughts on where she might have gone if she left voluntarily but did not harm herself? Are you thinking she might have other acquaintances we haven't discussed and/or the family doesn't know about?
Your question on where she may have gone-there is evidence she was checking out new places to live. I still do not know if those leads were ever folllowed up. One was actually on the 18th - the day she disappeared if you look at the timeline.

My believe is she is no longer with us....and somebody harmed her. She was struggling in her life made some bad choices but IMO she was trying to make things right...going to a coach, searching for a new apartment, wanting to do something for her parents (watching the cat and the house) Her passed mistakes crossed her, couldn't be shaken off. Maybe it's just me wanting to see the good in everyone....

I am in the camp that something nefarious and tragic has happened to Jenna. I do not think she is away voluntarily. I certainly HOPE that's the case and that she is okay and that she will contact her family and those who love her, but sadly, I don't think that's what's going on. I don't KNOW anything more than anyone else, but what I do know leads me to be very concerned.

I hope there is some kind of news soon.

My believe is she is no longer with us....and somebody harmed her. She was struggling in her life made some bad choices but IMO she was trying to make things right...going to a coach, searching for a new apartment, wanting to do something for her parents (watching the cat and the house) Her passed mistakes crossed her, couldn't be shaken off. Maybe it's just me wanting to see the good in everyone....
I was undecided for a while, but I now believe that Jenna was murdered by someone she knew, probably a lover or boyfriend whom she jilted.

For those who think she has come to harm, what has led you to think that?

In 10 years of being on Websleuths, my estimate is that less than 1% of missing adult cases that go on this long are voluntary missing. I don’t think any case of adult kidnapping has gone on this long. Probability states that Jenna is no longer with us.

In 10 years of being on Websleuths, my estimate is that less than 1% of missing adult cases that go on this long are voluntary missing. I don’t think any case of adult kidnapping has gone on this long. Probability states that Jenna is no longer with us.
Are there any statistics on this? E.g. % of missing never being found, % found deceased etc?
Obviously if persons go missing voluntarily and never return, we would never know that I guess.

There are no facts to substantiate this. For me it is the whole story, the way things evolve in time, the silence in the investigation and off course a feeling..

Off topic: I wish we had "like," "angry," "love," "sad," "thumbs down" and "lol" emojis to use on posts instead of just "Thanks" here. (Without having to create a new post.)

Yes to this (BOH Post #110) Without sounding derogatory towards Jenna (or her family), i dont think she is clever enough to go under the radar voluntarily for this long. She would have had to have had help for that due to no money, no car, no phones, no ID, no glasses even (as silly as it may seem) and completely switch off from her friends and family. What would the accomplice have to gain from helping her? Im not wanting to go there in detail but imo she does not fit the 'trafficking and alive' route.
I thought from the start...an arguement, a struggle, tapestry involved, she got hurt by accident, car and possessions dumped, staged runaway. Gut feelings say she is no longer with us.
But, a small part of me is hoping she maybe found out she was pregnant and eloped. Maybe her family didnt approve of her male associates and she felt controlled and wanted freedom? Hence the 'more than just Jenna' comment. Is anyone else missing with her i wonder?

Yes to this (BOH Post #110) Without sounding derogatory towards Jenna (or her family), i dont think she is clever enough to go under the radar voluntarily for this long. She would have had to have had help for that due to no money, no car, no phones, no ID, no glasses even (as silly as it may seem) and completely switch off from her friends and family. What would the accomplice have to gain from helping her? Im not wanting to go there in detail but imo she does not fit the 'trafficking and alive' route.
I thought from the start...an arguement, a struggle, tapestry involved, she got hurt by accident, car and possessions dumped, staged runaway. Gut feelings say she is no longer with us.
But, a small part of me is hoping she maybe found out she was pregnant and eloped. Maybe her family didnt approve of her male associates and she felt controlled and wanted freedom? Hence the 'more than just Jenna' comment. Is anyone else missing with her i wonder?

If there was a struggle there was no sign. No forensics in either car or in house. House locked from outside with a key. Suitcase and belongings in the car with cards, purse and glasses. No phones. No damage to either car or house. Tapestry carefully removed. No cctv or surveillance footage. No reports from neighbours. No friends or family noticing her missing or following up on the Saturday. This is what I don't understand - if someone had harmed her wouldn't there be evidence either in the cars or in the house? What about her "electronic breadcrumbs" ? The debit card transactions, camera footage and phone data must show where she was throughout that evening right up until 2a.m. at the very least. LE and family must have some idea by now, so what has happened and what's next? IMO.

Eta, I think she is clever enough to hide and go under the radar. She had a secret phone, she had an incident at her work and lost her job, which family knew nothing about, as well as an apartment and roommate unknown to family. She kept her private life under the radar. She has been doing this for months before she went missing. LE don't have a clue where she is either. I don't believe she has been trafficked (I.e. unwillingly ) but may be voluntarily involved because of the money in the sex industry itself and her doubtful acquaintances such as IG guy. It has been said she is easily led so she may have been persuaded IMO.

This is how it may have happened:-

J finds out that her boyfriend wants to finish with her because she is seeing other men. She has arranged to meet another guy (townhome guy) for food later that night but doesn't go because of the crisis with the bf. She tries to change the bf's mind but he won't listen. She finally leaves her now ex bf and is going to head home when she sees she has had two calls from IG guy. She contacts him and he persuades her to be with him in a personal/work relationship for the future. They head back to change the cars over and pick up her phones, suitcase and clothes. She takes the tapestry as a keepsake. She hangs on to phones and car till the next day when IG guy gets her a new car, clothes, make up and burner phone for her to use. Car and unwanted items are left in Defoors Place.

AJMO based on certain facts.

She is very much like my son. Would never freak me out by willingly disappearing. While folks who don't live this may believe they are capable of this, they aren't.

She is very much like my son. Would never freak me out by willingly disappearing. While folks who don't live this may believe they are capable of this, they aren't.

J's family said they always knew where she was and who with but they really didn't know, because J wouldn't tell them. And she is easily led, family have said, so that is what I am basing it on.

This is how it may have happened:-

J finds out that her boyfriend wants to finish with her because she is seeing other men. She has arranged to meet another guy (townhome guy) for food later that night but doesn't go because of the crisis with the bf. She tries to change the bf's mind but he won't listen. She finally leaves her now ex bf and is going to head home when she sees she has had two calls from IG guy.

She contacts him and he persuades her to be with him in a personal/work relationship for the future. They head back to change the cars over and pick up her phones, suitcase and clothes. She takes the tapestry as a keepsake. She hangs on to phones and car till the next day when IG guy gets her a new car, clothes, make up and burner phone for her to use.

Car and unwanted items are left in Defoors Place.

AJMO based on certain facts.

Ist and 3rd paragraphs are fact.
Middle paragraph is the speculation based on facts. Just to clarify.

Jenna is either alive or dead and I am hoping the former, hence my theory tries to fit the known facts.

There is sneaky and secretive, but home base and family are within distance. Part adult, part not; gaps in knowledge and skill are common. I know a whole lot more about mine than he thinks I do. I immediately got that dreaded shot in the gut feeling when I 1st read of her missing. We can always agree to disagree, and I hope the outcome is better than I fear

edited to add- I believe she could have gone with ? voluntarily, but as a temporary type thing and/or thinking she would be in touch with family. Being taken advantage of- absolutely as well

If there was a struggle there was no sign. No forensics in either car or in house. House locked from outside with a key. Suitcase and belongings in the car with cards, purse and glasses. No phones. No damage to either car or house. Tapestry carefully removed. No cctv or surveillance footage. No reports from neighbours. No friends or family noticing her missing or following up on the Saturday. This is what I don't understand - if someone had harmed her wouldn't there be evidence either in the cars or in the house? What about her "electronic breadcrumbs" ? The debit card transactions, camera footage and phone data must show where she was throughout that evening right up until 2a.m. at the very least. LE and family must have some idea by now, so what has happened and what's next? IMO.

Eta, I think she is clever enough to hide and go under the radar. She had a secret phone, she had an incident at her work and lost her job, which family knew nothing about, as well as an apartment and roommate unknown to family. She kept her private life under the radar. She has been doing this for months before she went missing. LE don't have a clue where she is either. I don't believe she has been trafficked (I.e. unwillingly ) but may be voluntarily involved because of the money in the sex industry itself and her doubtful acquaintances such as IG guy. It has been said she is easily led so she may have been persuaded IMO.
Wasn't the tapestry removed through a hole in the glass? I read that in a post in one of the earlier threads. How did the hole get there? With no additional details, a broken picture frame sounds like potential evidence of a struggle.

Just checking in to see if there is any news on Jenna. With the holidays approaching I was praying for some word.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member