GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . or just that they weren't (at that point in time) willing to assume that she was dead.
There lack of action might indicate that they still believe that. Typically when they think someone is dead, they say so.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

For me its just all the little things that's bugging me and I can't quite put my finger on some of them. At the beginning it was stressed by wvg that Jenna was really vulnerable and she couldn't do the cats meds on her own, and she really loved the cat so would not have missed the meds that one of the reasons they were overly worried. I don't understand though if wvg had a key why didn't he go in that morning and do the meds himself. It was made a bigger deal of at first about the house being in disarray and then got changed with just a bedroom not cleaned of alcohol bottles/cans. The thing that niggles the most is the friend tape recording a conversation between her a d Jenna but we never knew what that was about. I thought that strange that a friend would conveniently tape that the last night she was heard from.
I wish someone could transcribe just all the bits of the podcast of Jenna's dad speaking. He must think she's deceased because I'm almost sure he keeps using past tense on about Jenna. Which he might have lost hope at this point.

For me its just all the little things that's bugging me and I can't quite put my finger on some of them. At the beginning it was stressed by wvg that Jenna was really vulnerable and she couldn't do the cats meds on her own, and she really loved the cat so would not have missed the meds that one of the reasons they were overly worried. I don't understand though if wvg had a key why didn't he go in that morning and do the meds himself. It was made a bigger deal of at first about the house being in disarray and then got changed with just a bedroom not cleaned of alcohol bottles/cans. The thing that niggles the most is the friend tape recording a conversation between her a d Jenna but we never knew what that was about. I thought that strange that a friend would conveniently tape that the last night she was heard from.
I wish someone could transcribe just all the bits of the podcast of Jenna's dad speaking. He must think she's deceased because I'm almost sure he keeps using past tense on about Jenna. Which he might have lost hope at this point.
Wvg rang her Sat morning and went over to give cat the meds. I think it is in the afternoon vet tech called and no answer so she called Wvg. I don't know if Wvg went to let vet tech in or not.
Yes what is on the recording and what was the conversation with the SC friend at about 11.30 p.m. ?

link http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1174ufil.html
i did a part of it. Have to look back up the thread....

And this is it....

from the interview episode 105 with jenna’s father, jenna’s father speaking.

“one thing we haven’t touched on that is interesting about this case and i think that other parents in this situation need to be aware off
because i had access to her phone, t-mobile was able to let me ghost a new phone with her phonenumber. And my son who’s technology savvy was able to change all her passwords and get into all her google and g-mail account, everything, and we turned all that information over to the police, because i didn’t know how much information google collects on somebody including timeline, recorded chat, you name it. There was a trove of information. And when we gave it to the police they said well you got it illegally, we can’t look at it, your daughter might sue you over this.
i’m an attorney and to this day --to this day!-- the information that we have given them, they keep ignoring it. They had hundreds of pages that we have given them that we got from online sources. I’ve been reading enough other cases where other parents have done the same thing and access the account right away cause you can pull it up online and right away see who were the last calls and it’s essential.. Most people don’t realize that if the phone has ‘location’ turned on that google is tracking the phone and has a timeline…and that information is invaluable and we had that information and gave it to the police. As recently -as a couple offweek ago- they were still questioning whether i owned the account, although we gave them all the information. “
ty boh.

This is what i was referring to (timeline by BOH at the start of this thread)..

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13775172

I cant make sense of what happened on that saturday. So the brother was doing mornings and vet tech doing afternoons....

but on that saturday the brother tried to call Jenna at 9:30, vet tech turned up (plans changed then?) and couldnt get in so called the brother, who then turned up and found the house in disarray.

Also mentioned in the timeline about the brother realised at a wedding later that something was up. What made him think something was up? Who administered meds saturday afternoon?

Yes its going back over old stuff but im still not finding it very clear.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Totally agree with you. Lots of inconsistencies re Sat morning. In one of the media articles it was implied wvg was there at daybreak but he said 10:30am. Also my understanding from posts was that wvg would be gone the whole weekend and vet tech would do all.meds so why was wvg there on sat am.
I need to.look for the posts to back this up.

Totally agree with you. Lots of inconsistencies re Sat morning. In one of the media articles it was implied wvg was there at daybreak but he said 10:30am. Also my understanding from posts was that wvg would be gone the whole weekend and vet tech would do all.meds so why was wvg there on sat am.
I need to.look for the posts to back this up.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13617755

"Hi, did anyone administer the cats medicine sat pm. Assuming it takes 2 people, is that correct? Im sure thats what i read early on."

"No, Vet tech couldn't get into house since J wasn't there and didn't have a key. One person can give the meds."

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13620127

"I was supposed to come by only that Saturday a.m but not the rest of the weekend due to other plans."

Hate the inconsistencies, and trying to credit the fact that facts weren't important at the time because Jenna wasn't "missing" at the time.
Still unsure as to last time seen...

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Bleuboy, I agree totally! After a while, it has been hard to follow and be of any help. I stopped following except for check-ins, because my confusion and occasional group snark was causing more angst. Thank you for your comment. I am glad I am not alone!

Just checked help find jvg fb page and no update since 4 Jan - nearly 2 weeks.

New flyer- hadn't noticed before but it says "last seen at 1289 Oakdale Road".

Now I don't know how that can be. Who saw her last at the parents house and when?
Does this mean she wasn't seen in the car on Saturday a.m. ?
So who was seen in it?
:confused:
:thinking:

I’ve been following this since the beginning.... none of it makes any sense. Everything seems inconsistent, sloppy police work or they’re not forthcoming... I’m sorry to say at this point I think Jenna’s either moved on to the next world or she’s in serious trouble somewhere and they’re keeping quiet about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that someone thinks they have gotten away with something. Justice will catch up.

Justice for Jenna.

Jenna's father talking about her in the past tense doesn't necessarily mean he thinks she is dead He is referring to when she was there and they knew where she was.

Was the house 100% sealed? Cat door? Let’s say the cat got out, Jenna left all her stuff at home and went looking for the cat in the nearby woods, slipped hit her
head and is still there and the cat came back on its own and back inthe cat door or window. Once I took my dog out without his leash, he wandered off and I spent about 30 minutes in the woods without my phone, keys, wallet. Turns out the dog went back to my house and was waiting in front of the door

Was the house 100% sealed? Cat door? Let’s say the cat got out, Jenna left all her stuff at home and went looking for the cat in the nearby woods, slipped hit her
head and is still there and the cat came back on its own and back inthe cat door or window. Once I took my dog out without his leash, he wandered off and I spent about 30 minutes in the woods without my phone, keys, wallet. Turns out the dog went back to my house and was waiting in front of the door

I personally think LE knows what happened and are trying to catch some big fish, but at this point, I believe just about anything is possible.

http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-
Leon, father of Jenna, speaking:
Well, our son who lives in ???? aprampit? couldn’t get in touch with my daughter Saturday morning and he came over later Saturday morning, he found the TV on which was very odd, my daughter would never leave and leave the TV on and a –let’s say- tapestry that was on the wall, an Egyptian tapestry, and it was pulled out of the frame, wasn’t even taking out of from the back, the glass was somehow cut, and it was taken out from the front. Totally bizarre.
Unfortunately the police handling of her case has been less than desirable from day one. They didn’t do any forensic investigation on the house ormy wife’s car that was been driven by my daughter.

Interviewer Marissa:

In Augustof 2017, 25 years old Jenna van Gelderen was housesitting for her parents in the Druid Hill section of Atlanta, Georgia.
Jenna was last seen on august 18[SUP]th [/SUP]and had a phone conversation with a friend in the early morning hours of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP]. What happened after that remains a mystery.
On the morning of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] Jenna’s older brother stopped by the house to find that the doors were locked, and both the TV and lights were on inside. Jenna and her car were both missing.
Ever since Jenna disappeared her family is been struggling to get LE to look for her.
Early on in the investigation they had even reported that they have found Jenna, but it was just a tragic mistake.

More following….

http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-
Leon, father of Jenna, speaking:
Well, our son who lives in ???? aprampit? couldn’t get in touch with my daughter Saturday morning and he came over later Saturday morning, he found the TV on which was very odd, my daughter would never leave and leave the TV on and a –let’s say- tapestry that was on the wall, an Egyptian tapestry, and it was pulled out of the frame, wasn’t even taking out of from the back, the glass was somehow cut, and it was taken out from the front. Totally bizarre.
Unfortunately the police handling of her case has been less than desirable from day one. They didn’t do any forensic investigation on the house ormy wife’s car that was been driven by my daughter.

Interviewer Marissa:

In Augustof 2017, 25 years old Jenna van Gelderen was housesitting for her parents in the Druid Hill section of Atlanta, Georgia.
Jenna was last seen on august 18[SUP]th [/SUP]and had a phone conversation with a friend in the early morning hours of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP]. What happened after that remains a mystery.
On the morning of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] Jenna’s older brother stopped by the house to find that the doors were locked, and both the TV and lights were on inside. Jenna and her car were both missing.
Ever since Jenna disappeared her family is been struggling to get LE to look for her.
Early on in the investigation they had even reported that they have found Jenna, but it was just a tragic mistake.

More following….
So why don't LE want to look for her? Why is she not on the GBI missing list? Why don't GBI want to know? Why was FBI involvement mentioned early on?
What is really going on?

I dont mean to sound a bit dumb [emoji15] but what is an 'approved' source? Is that an official i.e LE? And VI's arent Approved sources?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13660287

Yes LE or MSM or a VI or the Help Find FB page. With the gas stops they were mentioned on the Help Find page but no exact details of the times or order IIRC. If BOH had a message deleted perhaps it replied to a message that got deleted - that can happen. If that happens to me and I don't know why, I usually ask mods in case I did something wrong and know for the next time. As you know the info from the VI was not always clear or exact. Now he doesn't post at all. It could help if he began posting again or if another family member became a VI. ATM we are unlikely to get any new info because neither LE, MSM, or VI are talking and the Help Find page only gives small bits of info every few weeks. No searches, no GBI, nothing.

Another part from the interview http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-

My personal opinion is that this interview is a "must listen to". Maybe it will take away some feelings of info missing or inconsistencies.

Marissa, the interviewer:

On Augustthe 15[SUP]th[/SUP] 2017, Jenna’s parents left for a vacation to Canada. Before they left they set up a plan for Jenna to house sit and feed their elderly cat.
Jenna’solder brother was to stop by in the mornings to give the cat it’s morning medications and then a cat sitter would come later on the day to give the cat it’s afternoon medications. Just a few days later, on the 18[SUP]th[/SUP], Jenna had been in contact with both her mum and her brother, that day. At one point she left her parents’ house to return to her apartment. She took her mum’s car instead of her own because the insurance had lapsed on her car. Some of Jenna’s friends were at the apartment when she stopped by there that evening. They reported that she left around 11 pm to go meet with a man that we call her ex-boyfriend. He claims that he broke up with Jenna on the evening of the 18th, but we delve into that later. The last known person to see Jenna is this ex-boyfriend. Jenna’s family has learned that during that evening the ex-boyfriend was not using his ownphone to contact Jenna. We know that Jenna made it home that night because she spoke to one of her friends in the early morning hours of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP].

Leon, Jenna’s father:

She had one female friend in <Leon hesitates> NC that she had been texting with, been in contact with continuously, who was the last person to talk to her on 1.30 in the morning. She&#8217;s been helpful, reconstructing things.

Marissa:
Around 2a.m. she texted the same friend that she had spoken to on the phone, and saidthat she was &#8220;lying down&#8221;. The wording of this text message seemed strange to her friend. It wasn&#8217;t something that Jenna would typically wright.

Another piece of information that they have been able to gather that supports the believe that Jenna did make it back to her parent&#8217;s house that night is that her Facebook account was accessed from their home IP-address.

Jenna&#8217;s brother,Wil, stopped by around 10.30 a.m. on the morning of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] and he noticed that the doors were locked, but when he went inside the TV and lights were on. He also noticed that Jenna hadn&#8217;t fed the cat. Jenna&#8217;s car was also gone. The day before she had been driving her mum&#8217;s car but that was still in the garage. When the cat sitter came by in the afternoon Jenna still hadn&#8217;t returned, so the sitter who didn&#8217;t have a key attempted to call Jenna but got no answer. Wil stopped by again at 11.30 that night, to check on his sister, but she still hadn&#8217;t returned. Wil spoke to their parents and let them know that he was concerned about Jenna. On the 20[SUP]th[/SUP] they decided to call Jenna&#8217;s ex-boyfriend from Canada and ask if he knew anything. He informed them that he was home alone on the evening of the 18[SUP]th[/SUP]. Wil continued to go over to the house to see if Jenna had returned and to care for the cat. This was when he realized that there was a world war ll Egyptian tapestry missing from the home. This had been on the wall in a frame. Someone had removed it from the frame by cutting out the glass in the front. Not taken the back of the frame. This is one of the bizarre aspects of Jenna&#8217;s case. Why would someone take that but leave many value items behind.

Another part from the interview http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-

My personal opinion is that this interview is a "must listen to". Maybe it will take away some feelings of info missing or inconsistencies.
[snip]

She had one female friend in <Leon hesitates> NC that she had been texting with, been in contact with continuously, who was the last person to talk to her on 1.30 in the morning. She&#8217;s been helpful, reconstructing things.
I agree. The interview was a real eye-opener for me.

I am assuming this is the friend in South Carolina. Lots of people say NC when they mean SC and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member