GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates. LE is making progress and unfortunately I am in a difficult position and have been advised to not reveal more information as I do not want to jeopardize the case. I'm not sure what else to say at this point other than We miss Jenna and hope we get answers soon. I thank everyone on here for the support and those that want to help.

Is there any chance of getting an update on the cases' progress? I know LE told you not to reveal more info, but maybe you could just post quickly that you are OK and give us a sense of how you and your family are feeling about the case?

Last seen at parents house.....hmmmmm confusing........

Older information from the posts

August 18, Friday
Iwas at the house Friday a.m. to give the cat her meds, I remember seeing the car<Jenna’s car> there. I saw her Friday A.M that was that last time I sawher. Post by brother 831 (can't recall thread number)

Uber-girlfriendwas with Jenna around 6 p.m. (Not clear if they were at parents house)Took an Uber-taxi to her home. T2, # 85 bybrother. If you are with somebody...you see somebody....

She was that evening at her apartment with friends....so they saw her....
Last seen at 1289 Oakdale it says so who saw her last at 1289 Oakdale and when?

Excerpt from BOH time line
(Snipped for focus re Person 3)

Hi, this is going to be a kind of challenge .

8-10 p.m.
•She was also in contact with oneother guy = person 3 that night on and of between 8 and 10pm. From interviewswith him. He advised her not to come to his part of town (college Park) with mymom's car, and that he would meet her closer to her apartment. According to himshe never showed. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823
•Person 3. T2 # 324 VI Is another guy friend she was supposed tomeet with Friday night in College Park but was told not come down with my Momscar, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed. This is theguy that I found with the Instagram profile that lead me to believe some kindof pimping or trafficking might be going on. He called twice at 11 and 11. 50that night (pocket dials). From interviews with him, according VI. At what time did they supposed tomeet up and where, around Lindbergh area seem pretty big to find somebody.
•I was able to access the voice mailearlier on it and found a pocket dial at 11.50 pm Friday. I have given thenumber to our p.i. I have been able to locate that number tied to an Instagramaccount with references to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd. Per VI - Thread#1, post #133. The number for the pocket dial was tied to an Instagram accountas well that leads me to believe something more is up. Also metro pcs number aswell. Any follow through? Don't know anymore on that. Who ever it was thatcalled at 11:30 left a 2 min long voice mail and their phone was in theirpocket. The Insta account that I found tied to that number and several ads thatset off an alarm that said person may be a pimp. However have heard nothingmore from police on this. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1102. Metro PCS line,pocket dial so it was just random sounds. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1107 The •Instagrammentioned above is not Jenna's Instagram. Per VI - Thread #1, post #189
•The family sent the P.I. to thataddress <townhome> and he talked to the guy there. How did the family know about thisguy in the first place? He said they had plans to meet for food but shenever made it down there. Older info.

? p.m.?
•Searched for an address on Googlepromptly after. We knowshe specifically searched for that town home address that Wednesday (could this be a typo?) and when Isearch more on her timeline that is the address that shows up (not her aptspecifically). It is a gated community (townhome) but it is literally behindher apt. Is this theex-boyfriends apartment? If she searched for it on Wednesday why search itagain as it was so close. I think she would remembered it where it was. Orcould somebody else have searched for it with her phone?

10 p.m.
•We know Friday night she had beenin contact with this person of interest = Person 1. T2 # 324 = Ex boyfriend,she broke up with in February via texting / calling / and seeinghim. According to him she came to his apartment Approx. 10 pm. Per VI - Thread#1, post #823. Where does thisperson live? Is it in the neighborhood/Area of English Ave? The place Jennastopped at 10 pm does not add up with the statement of the POI’s that she wasat his address at 10 a.m., because it is in a different area. •Olderinformation; Friend known now = Person 1. T2 # 324 VI talked to her brieflybefore she left (to where?)By media ….he told the police. Friday night she had left a friends place tocome home (what is home mean,her parents’ house or her own apartment) around 11 pm, in mother's car. Why in mother’s car? (per VI- Thread #1, post #32). He claims she wanted a relationship but he did notknowing the theft issue. Per VI - Thread #1, post #165.
Per VI T2 # 290. (sorry,missed this one too, adding) The ex is the one that also claimed she came by hisapartment that Friday night and he told her that the relationship wasn't goinganywhere . Now according to Google timeline she had not gone to his place at all that day. Unless it had beenafter 1130 pm (when the time line ends). He told us it was 11pm and he told thepolice / pi it was 10pm. That's what makes this suspicious. We also have sometips from others via email yesterday saying they know he was at my parentsFriday night (trying to verify) Was this cleared up? Or did theymean Thursday night at the get together at your parents’ house?
•Person 1: POI from last thread, washer "ex" as mentioned last night. The one we know had driven her carat one point. Was a security person at her old job Per VI T2 # 324

? p.m. ?
•New info found on 9/1, Thread #1,post #462 VI stated they had found information that she drove from townhomedown to midtown…Driving from there <town home> Ex-boyfriendsapartment? down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Operanight club. If she didn’t goto the Opera night club, where was she going, what could be another destinationin that area? We do not know any more on this, VI. Per WS local member T2 # 823: Opera is considered midtown.

?
•This peace of the timeline isunsure; did she or did she notdrive to the Lindbergh area and met up with person 3 for food, as he stated shedidn’t show up. Reply by VI - Thread #1, post #829: At this pointhonestly I don't know. The police were supposed to check this town home butwon't tell me what they have found. The odd thing is the town home like I saidis behind her apt.
•The family sent the p.i to thataddress <townhome> and he talked to the guy there. He said they had plansto meet for food but she never made it down there. Per VI - Thread #1, post#408. At what time did theyhad an appointment? What kind of relationship they had? Where is this townhome and isthere in any way to prove that she (didn’t) went there (by phone signal,witness?)

10 p.m. ?
•Per Google maps timeline; per VI -Thread #1, post #848, she stopped in the Area of English Avenue (North andNorthside Drive) for about 5-6 minutes around 10 pm. Regarding English Ave stopalso mentioned: No specifics only Google maps Timeline. Google maps timelineshows she drove to Wendy’s. Inwhich car? The place Jenna stopped at 10 pm does not add up with the statementof the POI that she was at his address at 10 pm., because it is in a differentarea.

10:30 p.m.
•We believe so as a verifiedfriend has spoken to her that night late around 10:30 and he recalls herdriving my mom's car. Per VI - Thread #1, post #604 Is it possible to pinpoint where he saw her?

11.00 p.m.
•Pocket Dial fromPerson 3, T2 # 324 VI By voicemail on Metro pcs Jenna. Number (also a metro pcs number) is tied to anInstagram account with references to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd .

11.30 p.m.
•After that noactivity, all activity end on 11.30 p.m. Meaning google maps timeline? This hasto be switched off then. Added by me. Per VI - Thread #1, post #404 &Thread #1, post #406 Per VI T2 # 290. (Sorry I missed this,fFnow adding) About ex-boyfriend: unlessit had been after 1130 pm (when the time line ends). He told us it was 11pm andhe told the police / pi it was 10pm. Curious!!!

Ca. 11.45 -12.00 a.m
•She had also been in contact withher friend in S.C = person 5 T2 # 324 VI around 11:45 pm
•Another friend = person 5, said shehad a conversation with Van Gelderen. From media on Saturday <after Friday12pm> So at present it seems the SC friend was the last to speak to J at 11.45p.m. /12.00 approx. The LE has spoken to the S.C. friend, as well as the p.iand my parents. She did not know where Jenna was. Per VI - Thread #1, post #839Did she tell what wasdiscussed? Incoming/outgoing, we don'tknow that.

? p.m.?
•Seen with an unidentified malepassenger in her mother’s car. Per flyer on Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen FBpage (LINK) https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/posts/114525529221725
and post (LINK) https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/posts/114445735896371
Bywhom, where and what time?

11:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
•We know a littleafter this she has gone to that Wendys then back to either her apartment orthis town home I mentioned earlier. It is right behind her apartment. Could beGoogle error. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823 We assume she made it back toparents house somewhere between 1130 and 130 am. Again I don't know on this asher timeline activity dies around then with her going down to midtown. So we donot know for sure what happened around then. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823 •Timeline activity off after going down tomidtown. Family does not know if she went back to the house and if she did onwhat time, with or without somebody and if and when she left again with her own car and if somebody else waswith her. Post T2 #53 VI
•According to everyoneshe had returned to my parents place that night. Per VI - Thread #1, post #308 How do they know that? Wedon't know but it just feels.like either a person is missing in the puzzle orthat someone was lying about seeing her that night Per VI-T2, #150.

11.50 a.m.
• By voicemail onMetro pcs Jenna: pocket dial fromsomebody. Number (also a metro pcs number) is tied to an Instagram account withreferences to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd = Person 3

1.30 a.m.
•IPhone on Tmobilegoing into power saving mode around 1:30 am as all tracking info seems to stopthen. On her iPhone, it appears she had iCloud tracking off as well as GoogleTime Line not enabled from the get go. Post T2 #53 VI

2 a.m.
•Jenna had sent a textto a friend = Person 5 T2 # 324 VI (T-mobile account, to baby-sit friend inSouth Carolina) saying ‘Laying down’ She <the S.C. friend> has not seenher either up that way. Per VI - Thread #1, post #32 & Thread #1, post#183. Why they had contact that late? Per VI - Thread #1, post #186, they were always in contact through textseven late at night , but she was never informed by Jenna of her whereabouts. Itis not a fact that Jenna text this message herself, could have done by somebodyelse having her phone. Add by me.
•Trough media was saidthat person 5 was underway to Jenna….was said quoted by ex-boyfriend. She<person 5> had never mentioned tous about coming down to that day and it’s not in the report, so really not surewhere that came from.

Debit card use duringFriday, Aug 18
4 stops atgas stations Is there any info on what she purchased …info from debit card, howmuch money was taken? Are there CCTV footages? In what car? Per MSM - LINK, afamily-friend posted on the Help Find Jenna Facebook page. The last placesJenna used her debit card on Friday, Aug 18:
- Texaco @ N Decatur Rd
- DeKalb Industrial Chevron @ Cheshire Bridge
- 11.pm. LaVista Wendy's @ 1940 Piedmont Roadshe was at the gas station at Lavista and Cheshire Bridge around 11PM, infofrom Facebooksite. Also mentioned earlier in the thread Cheshire and Lavistaroad, BP? I guess this is verynear to Wendy’s. Also an exit to Lindbergh. Did she might have planned to seeperson 3 after all? …are these names all refer to the same approx.location? Per VI - Thread #1, post #825: with regards to any of the gasstations that were mapped earlier we do not have any more info on those. Theonly thing really confirmed is that Wendy's based on the straw wrapper in mymom's car / passenger seat pushed back.
- Chevron @ N Decatur Rd & Clairemont
Is there any info on what she persuaded …info fromdebet card, how much money was taken? Are there CCTV footages? Was there a carseen?
•GoogleMaps Timeline can be inaccurate, per this member's post. Seems like the area isvery unlikely to loose signals, but….also you have to put on ‘Location History’in Google Maps Timeline before it registered your whereabouts through a deviceand you can add/change it yourself. Per another member's post.
•Per MSM -LINK, Jenna talked to her mother twice a day. Also on august 18th? Or wereparents traveling on that day? How was contact with mother made, by phone,Facebook, did she came to parents house twice a day, other way?
•According to VI - Thread #1, post #412, theFBI talked to this townhome guy and his story was checked out. I really wonder what this story is….Open question stays why is FBI involved, does family knows? Per WS member T2 # 917 We've had FBI show up at some of our searchesjust to keep an eye on the case. Missing child, missing person, abduction,human trafficking all get their interest, and some homicides. They haveresources they can provide too, to assist local LE. (haven't reached that postyet..... so just a comment that it doesn't mean it is an FBI case a federalcase or anything, sometimes they just take an interest and ask the detectivesto keep them posted).
•The phonenumber of the townhome guy <ex-boyfriend,person 1> seems not the same as the pocket call number <person3>. Per VI - Thread #1, post #414
•She was driving in her mums carthat evening a dark red Mazda 3 sedan (2010). Per VI - Thread #1, post #462: Wealso know that she was in my mom’s cars is this a typo or does mum own morethan one car? most of that night, so she had to have come back (with someone weassume) to have the cars switched. What was the reason she used mums car? Weare still trying to piece together why Jenna was driving my mom's car Friday,like if she loaned hers to a friend etc. We still do not know, however policenever finger printed it. Per VI - Thread #1, post #594
•Per VI T2 # 290. (sorry,missed this, now adding) The only thing that really makes sense to me is that Friday we know shehad been driving my mom's car.
Only reason I can think ofis that
A) she didn't have enough gas in her car
B) she had let someone else drive it. We have2 of her friends that have told us that this "ex" / our original poihad taken her car for a day early August and wouldn't return it.

End of snipped excerpt.

I have pulled this section out as it relates to Person 3 who seems to be the mystery here.
J came home and changed her mum's car to her car. She does this to go to College Park area of town with Person 3. In my mind then this is the proof she met P3 otherwise she would not have swapped cars. She had no insurance on her car and that is why she drove mum's car but mum's car was not the right color for P3 so they came back and swopped. Maybe P3 drove J's car on his insurance. AJMO.

I totally agree with you Shireseuth! Thanks for carrying the time line forward. Person #3 didn't want Jenna driving her Moms car to College Park. And JMO, but as I said a few days ago, if person #3 rode the Marta train from College Park to Lindbergh station, then he would eventually need a ride back to College Park. If he'd met up with Jenna for food Friday night as planned (Wendy's) and they hung out for a while (Marta trains stop running at 1:15AM), then I'm guessing he went back to the house with Jenna. She eventually takes person #3 back to College Park IN HER OWN CAR sometime Sunday morning (time unknown). And it was also stated on an early "missing poster" on FB that Jenna was seen driving her Mom's car with an I identified male the night before she went missing. I'm assuming that would be Friday night.

I totally agree with you Shireseuth! Thanks for carrying the time line forward. Person #3 didn't want Jenna driving her Moms car to College Park. And JMO, but as I said a few days ago, if person #3 rode the Marta train from College Park to Lindbergh station, then he would eventually need a ride back to College Park. If he'd met up with Jenna for food Friday night as planned (Wendy's) and they hung out for a while (Marta trains stop running at 1:15AM), then I'm guessing he went back to the house with Jenna. She eventually takes person #3 back to College Park IN HER OWN CAR sometime Sunday morning (time unknown). And it was also stated on an early "missing poster" on FB that Jenna was seen driving her Mom's car with an I identified male the night before she went missing. I'm assuming that would be Friday night.

LE have to be looking into this right? This is townhome guy who lives behind J's apartment? Didn't Subie post something like FBI had interviewed and cleared him? I'll have to look for the post. We thought the mention of the FBI was strange as the GBI are not even involved let alone FBI.

College Park guy / Instagram guy / Townhouse guy apparently all the same person. Cant rule him out, IMO. I wondered about the FBI involvement & interview with this guy early on.... when GBI apparently wasn't involved and Dekalb police wouldn't give Jenna's disappearance the time of day. Interesting we haven't heard anything else from Atlanta City/ Fulton County PD either, since Jenna's car was found in Atlanta city limits. I hate to think the lack of LE press as meaning this case has been put on the back burner.

College Park guy / Instagram guy / Townhouse guy apparently all the same person. Cant rule him out, IMO. I wondered about the FBI involvement & interview with this guy early on.... when GBI apparently wasn't involved and Dekalb police wouldn't give Jenna's disappearance the time of day. Interesting we haven't heard anything else from Atlanta City/ Fulton County PD either, since Jenna's car was found in Atlanta city limits. I hate to think the lack of LE press as meaning this case has been put on the back burner.
Yes and he lived right behind Jenna's apartment. One other thing I would be interested in would be which friends and between which times were they at Jenna's apartment with her that night and which friend recorded the conversation with her (around 10.30 IIR). Was it the same friends who stayed at 1289 Oakdale on the Thursday night? LE should have these details by now.

@atlmom, :welcome: to Websleuths
Yes indeed atlmom, welcome. I didn't realise you were new. You sound like you know what you are talking about. ( not that i mean newbies don't :smile: ) How did you hear about the case?

I'm confused, can you help me understand. How can townhouse guy be the same as College Park guy? Townhouse is near Jenna's apartment, College Park is about 15 miles south, or something like that? Aren't they mutually exclusive?

@Shiressleuth. I live in a neighborhood close to Jenna's family. I heard about the case initially on Nextdoor, right after Jenna went missing. I have followed closely on WS. I'm still perplexed about the lack of media coverage, what appears to be poor LE handling of the case, and relatively few updates. I commend Subie for his efforrs to bring awareness to Jenna's disappearance and his willingness to share information on this site initially. found the Vanished podcast to be a very good interview with some new information offered by Jenna's dad that I was not aware of previously. I'm happy to be able to become an active participant on WS!

@dixiegirl1035. I am very confused about this as well.... and have been meaning to go back to previous theads by Subie to clarify the different persons that Jenna was involved with prior to her disappearance. Per the review I did on Page 1 of this thread..... it appeared that college park/Instagram/townhouse guy were referenced as person #3 (which is why I stated that on an above comment). However, it is also stated that the phone # of the townhouse guy and the pocket dial person (CP/Instagram guy) not the same. So I'm actually back to thinking that these are two different people, one being the Townhouse Guy and the other being College Park/Instagram Guy. I apologize for the confusion. Can anyone else clarify this?
Addendum: IMO, the theory I recently presented about the College Park guy meeting Jenna and going back to her parents house on Friday night still holds.

I'm confused, can you help me understand. How can townhouse guy be the same as College Park guy? Townhouse is near Jenna's apartment, College Park is about 15 miles south, or something like that? Aren't they mutually exclusive?
He was going to College Park, I think, rather than he lived there.
Perhaps he worked or had friends/relatives in the area? I'll see if I can actually link the relevant post from Subie.

Just doing a shout out to Subie and Jenna's family and friends.

My heart breaks for you all. I know that you must be yearning for compassion, and looking for angels to wrap your arms around you and comfort you.

:grouphug:

Posted today by Jenna's dad.
Maybe they finally are getting some answers.

"Spending tomorrow in the woods with search dogs and police where we have reason to target a search;
This has been a weekly exercise.
Someone knows something. People starting to talk.
Be thankful for the little things every day and hold your children close.."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1780698351954102&id=100000418644521

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So I’m still confused about these different POI’s but being reminded that the townhouse was behind Jenna’s apartment makes me wonder if she was possibly (informally) living/staying with this guy(or another guy) and her apartment was more of a place to store some stuff(and to keep her parents from finding out where she was really living if push came to shove) or maybe she just was trying to finish out a lease there but didn’t want to stay there(due to creepy roommate maybe?). That could potentially explain her not having a bed, bedding, etc. Maybe she was looking for a new place(since we know she posted on a Facebook group looking for a roommate) because her and townhouse guy(or some other guy she may have been informally living with) were having problems/breaking up and she didn’t want to live at the apartment she was currently renting.

The whole roommate/apartment situation really bothers me and so far this is the only thing that makes sense to me if the roommate isn’t involved somehow. He was suspiciously evasive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived right on Lindbergh for the past 5 years and now closer to where her parents stay actually, I drive past her apartment location every single day on my way home from work and I am the same age as her so I’ve always followed this case, just never commented. I do have a comment now however! There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding how townhouse guy and college park but could be the same person. I think it’s very likely based off of the fact that his number is linked to the instagram with the pimping activity in mention, a lot of people who are involved in drug dealing and other illegal activities in Atlanta have “trap houses” or essentially homes not connected to there Names that they might sell drugs out of down in the less desirable parts of town like college park, but then stay up north of the city near buckhead or Lindbergh area since it’s a bit removed from that so more descreet. Cheshire bridge though which is the area she lived off and also where that Wendy’s is located is a little sketchy, there are a lot of prostitutes that walk around and a lot of weird after hour bars and strip clubs. I really wish the very best for her and her family I think of this case often since I am so familiar with the areas. But I wouldn’t feel safe at all hanging around the manipulative characters involved in all that. They might make you feel special or something but you can’t trust a second of it. Just my input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24