GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
"Desperate for help, the Van Gelderens recently sent letters to Dekalb County CEO Michael Thurmond, County District Attorney Sherry Boston and Police Chief James Conroy pleading for their help to get the GBI to take over the case.

That was a month ago, and none of them has responded."

BBM. WTF?
Imagine this is your only daughter missing, no adequate picking up the missing case in the first place, strange things happen in the investigation....and then going on and on...and on....whithout knowing, screaming out to relevant people and LE...to help find her....and then left all alone...message: nobody cares for Jenna and for you, family. I'm sure people are trying to do the right thing...not intentionally frustrating the investigation.....but what is there missing for the GBI to take Jenna's case? I just don't get that.

According to the GBI site, a Superior Court Judge or the Governor of Georgia could also request an investigation by the GBI. They may have better luck with the Governor. This case definitely needs to be reviewed by the GBI. You would think LE would be happy for an assist from another agency at this point.

Bump for Jenna! I feel like I remember in one of the earlier threads that Jenna’s brother was on here and said he was asked by the police not to talk about anything else on here. I wonder if now that it has been over a year some of the family would be able to comment more? Jenna needs to be found.

Jenna Van Gelderen was last heard from while pet sitting her parents’ cat in the Druid Hills neighborhood of Atlanta on the night of August 18, 2017. The 25-year-old had plans to meet a friend the next day. But when the friend arrived at Jenna’s house, neither Jenna nor her vehicle was there. Jenna’s brother Will was contacted and he found their parents’ home in disarray. Many of Jenna’s belongings were left behind and all that was missing was a WWII tapestry. After three days of not hearing from Jenna, family reported her missing. Jenna’s dark blue Mazda 6 was found a couple of weeks later parked along a road in northwest Atlanta. According to Detective Shiera Campbell of the DeKalb Police Department, there was nothing left in the car and the gas tank was empty.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Can we go against the Websleuths tos as long as we do not discuss the details? I do not think she got too far. My theory is the cat got out, she left the house without her stuff to look for the cat and ran into someone who harmed her. While she was out the cat returned but bot her.
So what about the neighbors?? We cannot discuss the neighbors on here but what about my theory. So I pulled up a map of the VG house and looked up just a few of the neighbors. One guy has a shady background online and is tied to sex trafficking!

Two other homes in the area have these weird out-parcels behind their homes ... the movie Room?

My post will probably get flagged, but I did not say names or addresses

January 3th 2019, from Leon van Gelderen Facebooksite.

Legislation known as Ashanti's Law (S. 3714 and HR5075) passed the Senate and signed into law by President on December 31,2018, This legislation creates a national alert system for missing adults and assists states with determining when and how to issue alerts for missing adults. There was no
system for kidnapped and missing adults to be on national amber alert system previously. Each state has to appoint a coordinator and procedures to avail itself of federal money for th...is.

Time for Georgia to come out of the dark ages and have a state coordinator and procedures for processing missing adult cases.
Current system is a nightmare we live every day.

Along with prison reform bill , I congratulate and thank the Congress and the President for passing both bills.
----------------------
It will not bring Jenna back, for her it's probably to late but hope is still there. I'm sure going to follow this in GA....is there a coordinator yet?

Can we go against the Websleuths tos as long as we do not discuss the details? I do not think she got too far. My theory is the cat got out, she left the house without her stuff to look for the cat and ran into someone who harmed her. While she was out the cat returned but bot her.
So what about the neighbors?? We cannot discuss the neighbors on here but what about my theory. So I pulled up a map of the VG house and looked up just a few of the neighbors. One guy has a shady background online and is tied to sex trafficking!

Two other homes in the area have these weird out-parcels behind their homes ... the movie Room?

My post will probably get flagged, but I did not say names or addresses
@HorseGuy I would call in your tip. It can’t hurt.

No, and no updates on the Find Jenna Van Gelderan FB page.

I am local. Haven't seen anything on TV or in papers.

JMO

I can't help but wonder why the family isnt speaking out and keeping her name, her face, her case in the news at least locally. In other cases, such as the Chelsea Bruck case, her family worked tirelessly to keep her name and face out there for months and months and months. Is it that the family knows what happened and is just waiting for a break? Do they not want the whole story to be known? Personally, no matter what Jenna may have knowingly, unintentionally, accidentally, purposefully been involved in, she still deserves justice!

There is a new post dated February 3 on the Find Jenna FB page. Post written by Jenna's mother, Roseanne Glick.

It's been almost 17 months.

The Crimestoppers poster states J was living at 2255 Lenox Rd. Did LE interview the neighbors? Was she really living there?

JMO

Her dad also posted on Feb 3rd (Missing Pearson’s Day) saying there had been no police news on the investigation for over a year. That is so sad. I don’t like to criticize LE, but even an update to say they haven’t gotten anywhere would let the family and others know they were still aware of Jenna’s case.

I am curious to whatever happened with the PI’s the family hired.

All IMOO

Her dad also posted on Feb 3rd (Missing Pearson’s Day) saying there had been no police news on the investigation for over a year. That is so sad. I don’t like to criticize LE, but even an update to say they haven’t gotten anywhere would let the family and others know they were still aware of Jenna’s case.

I am curious to whatever happened with the PI’s the family hired.

All IMOO

I used to be in law enforcement - so many in the public think that if the police are keeping quiet on a case that they simply have not worked on it. But, that's not true! The majority of those who test to become investigators have done so not because of the salary increase that accompanies the promotion, nor because they'll generally wind up having a better work schedule, nor because they'll pretty much get to wear street clothes to work; these officers have deeply abiding interest in helping the community and closing cases with a successful resolution (i.e., recovering goods stolen during a burglary, identifying and arresting the subject, finding the missing person alive and healthy, and hearing the judge and/or jury hand down an honest and appropriately tough sentence to those who are guilty). If the police are being quiet and secretive it's not because they're lazy or that they don't want to share what they found, but rather, they might be acquiring information and have not come to any conclusions yet. Or, they may be engaged in conducting covert surveillance on a suspect, they might be holding back information that they believe that only the suspect knows and are waiting for them to reveal this, etc. Either way, you can count on the police thoroughly doing their job, and possessing genuine concern for the victim (there are cases like that of Jennifer Kesse and Brianna Maitland that were mishandled to the point of police malpractice, but these are the exception - certainly not the rule in this respect).

Why doesn’t the family state (or any family) post everything they have at this point and see what people can find? I want both of her phone numbers and her email addresses.

Why doesn’t the family state (or any family) post everything they have at this point and see what people can find? I want both of her phone numbers and her email addresses.

Maybe LE advised the family to lay low.
In the early days Jenna's brother was on the thread. I think he was advised by LE to stop posting.

Just my opinion

I used to be in law enforcement - so many in the public think that if the police are keeping quiet on a case that they simply have not worked on it. But, that's not true! The majority of those who test to become investigators have done so not because of the salary increase that accompanies the promotion, nor because they'll generally wind up having a better work schedule, nor because they'll pretty much get to wear street clothes to work; these officers have deeply abiding interest in helping the community and closing cases with a successful resolution (i.e., recovering goods stolen during a burglary, identifying and arresting the subject, finding the missing person alive and healthy, and hearing the judge and/or jury hand down an honest and appropriately tough sentence to those who are guilty). If the police are being quiet and secretive it's not because they're lazy or that they don't want to share what they found, but rather, they might be acquiring information and have not come to any conclusions yet. Or, they may be engaged in conducting covert surveillance on a suspect, they might be holding back information that they believe that only the suspect knows and are waiting for them to reveal this, etc. Either way, you can count on the police thoroughly doing their job, and possessing genuine concern for the victim (there are cases like that of Jennifer Kesse and Brianna Maitland that were mishandled to the point of police malpractice, but these are the exception - certainly not the rule in this respect).

I totally understand, and that is why I don’t usually like to criticize LE, but is it normal for the family to have to work so hard to hear anything from LE on their missing daughter? From the beginning it has seemed that the family has had to advocate for their daughter to push LE in investigative directions. (Explain she wasn’t just a runaway, etc.). The lack of evidence searched for on their vehicles and home right after the disappearance was very upsetting, especially with the family asking for them to fingerprint the vehicle she was last seen in that had possibly been driven by someone else (due to the drivers seat being pushed back). I just hate feeling like the family feels cut out from the investigation or like no one is looking for their daughter. That is just my impression from their posts throughout following this case. All MOO

Again, I am not criticizing LE because I do not know what they may have going on, and have no clue how cases like this usually get handled, but it just appears the family has struggled to keep investigators pushing to find their daughter.

All IMOO

I totally understand, and that is why I don’t usually like to criticize LE, but is it normal for the family to have to work so hard to hear anything from LE on their missing daughter? From the beginning it has seemed that the family has had to advocate for their daughter to push LE in investigative directions. (Explain she wasn’t just a runaway, etc.). The lack of evidence searched for on their vehicles and home right after the disappearance was very upsetting, especially with the family asking for them to fingerprint the vehicle she was last seen in that had possibly been driven by someone else (due to the drivers seat being pushed back). I just hate feeling like the family feels cut out from the investigation or like no one is looking for their daughter. That is just my impression from their posts throughout following this case. All MOO

Again, I am not criticizing LE because I do not know what they may have going on, and have no clue how cases like this usually get handled, but it just appears the family has struggled to keep investigators pushing to find their daughter.

All IMOO

I think the problem started with geography.
Part of Atlanta is in DeKalb County while most is in Fulton County.
I think her parents house may be in DeKalb but the apt. Jenna
was living in on Lenox Rd is in Fulton County.
And Jenna's car was found in Atlanta in Fulton County.

I think the fact she's an adult in the legal sense and LE agencies wondering those first days is it DeKalb or Fulton played a part in the slow response.

JMO

Reactions: MFH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members