GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this was on the public facebook page.

“I love you so much. I’m gunna do everything to help get you home. I feel guilty, as soon as you drop me off you go missing ? Somebody knows something.... I’ll do everything baby girl. I love and miss you so much.”

Changes the timeline of what we have from the start.

Maybe LE advised the family to lay low.
In the early days Jenna's brother was on the thread. I think he was advised by LE to stop posting.

Just my opinion

he probably was told to keep quiet about stuff, but he was quite open here with info he did know. Imo he was put off posting here by a former member

“I love you so much. I’m gunna do everything to help get you home. I feel guilty, as soon as you drop me off you go missing ? Somebody knows something.... I’ll do everything baby girl. I love and miss you so much.”

This is on the Help Find Jenna FB page?
Who wrote it?

And "gunna"? Shouldn't it be "gonna"?

Who did Jenna drop off?

JMO

I don't know if it changes the time line that much. I can recall a lot of posts about a girlfriend, close to her, who feels quilty one way or another. It is an old Facebook post isn't it? Actually I think we can't post this things here.....(I don't mind at all, btw)

I don't know if it changes the time line that much. I can recall a lot of posts about a girlfriend, close to her, who feels quilty one way or another. It is an old Facebook post isn't it? Actually I think we can't post this things here.....(I don't mind at all, btw)

The post is from Feb 5 on the official FB Help Find Jenna.
Not sure if it is allowed. Maybe a mod can advise...
@atinmyhumbleopinion

JMO

Looked at every detail of this case, and posted about it, trying to reflect the facts and only that....Still feeling so very sad that Jenna is still gone, not found alive or deceased....Can't get myself back to "recover"every little tiny tid bit of details....all that's rests is a heavy feeling of pain and loss, for her and her family.

Looked at every detail of this case, and posted about it, trying to reflect the facts and only that....Still feeling so very sad that Jenna is still gone, not found alive or deceased....Can't get myself back to "recover"every little tiny tid bit of details....all that's rests is a heavy feeling of pain and loss, for her and her family.

So the address you have on the Sept 30 2017 post for the Van Gelderan home is correct? 1289?

JMO

So the address you have on the Sept 30 2017 post for the Van Gelderan home is correct? 1289?

JMO

Missing from Parents house; 1289, Oakdale road, Atlanta. Druid Hills home, DeKalb county, GA.

The post is from Feb 5 on the official FB Help Find Jenna.
Not sure if it is allowed. Maybe a mod can advise...
@atinmyhumbleopinion

JMO
thought if it’s on the public page it’s OK. it is on a public forum not a private page.

anyway it says that she dropped a friend off in (sleuth the location) and then went missing. I think it changes the timeline.

It really saddens me that this case of Jenna’s disappearance, has not been given the attention that it deserves.
For goodness sake, this is a young woman with vulnerabilities that ordinary would be classed as being ‘ on the spectrum ‘ and as such, certainly in the UK, she would fall under the auspices of POVA laws ( Protection of vulnerable adults).
This whole case, allegedly investigated by LE, has been a shambles from day 1 and there has been so many omissions in respect of follow ups to the evidence chain and follow ups to circumstantial evidence presented that it almost falls into the arena of dereliction of duty by LE ( MOO )!
As a senior investigating officer in charge of Detectives, I would be appalled by the way it’s been given a lack of priority,if this was brought to my attention and I would be thoroughly embarrassed on behalf of LE and do everything in my power to make it right and take positive steps to find this young vulnerable lady and / or find out what happened to her!
At first , I followed this daily and was encouraged by Jenna’s brothers involvement and subsequent updates until he was told by LE not to continue in this vein here on WS as he may be giving out information that’s detrimental to the investigation of Jenna’s disappearance. Being the respectful guy that he appears to be and being from a respectful family, they concurred with LE that they could see their point and stopped bringing any information to the table . In my opinion, this has backfired spectacularly because now the Van Gelderen family are stuck in ‘no mans land ‘ and are by all appearances, getting no further with finding Jenna with LE’s assistance or lack of!
That’s my rant for the day.
Let’s hope tomorrow brings news of Jenna and hope for answers for her family. God bless you ‘the Van Gelderen family ‘. I feel your pain . X

It really saddens me that this case of Jenna’s disappearance, has not been given the attention that it deserves.
For goodness sake, this is a young woman with vulnerabilities that ordinary would be classed as being ‘ on the spectrum ‘ and as such, certainly in the UK, she would fall under the auspices of POVA laws ( Protection of vulnerable adults).
This whole case, allegedly investigated by LE, has been a shambles from day 1 and there has been so many omissions in respect of follow ups to the evidence chain and follow ups to circumstantial evidence presented that it almost falls into the arena of dereliction of duty by LE ( MOO )!
As a senior investigating officer in charge of Detectives, I would be appalled by the way it’s been given a lack of priority,if this was brought to my attention and I would be thoroughly embarrassed on behalf of LE and do everything in my power to make it right and take positive steps to find this young vulnerable lady and / or find out what happened to her!
At first , I followed this daily and was encouraged by Jenna’s brothers involvement and subsequent updates until he was told by LE not to continue in this vein here on WS as he may be giving out information that’s detrimental to the investigation of Jenna’s disappearance. Being the respectful guy that he appears to be and being from a respectful family, they concurred with LE that they could see their point and stopped bringing any information to the table . In my opinion, this has backfired spectacularly because now the Van Gelderen family are stuck in ‘no mans land ‘ and are by all appearances, getting no further with finding Jenna with LE’s assistance or lack of!
That’s my rant for the day.
Let’s hope tomorrow brings news of Jenna and hope for answers for her family. God bless you ‘the Van Gelderen family ‘. I feel your pain . X

Nicely put it into words. Thanks. Yes, God bless the Van Gelderen family. Where is Jenna, their sweet daughter and sister?

I used to be in law enforcement - so many in the public think that if the police are keeping quiet on a case that they simply have not worked on it. But, that's not true! The majority of those who test to become investigators have done so not because of the salary increase that accompanies the promotion, nor because they'll generally wind up having a better work schedule, nor because they'll pretty much get to wear street clothes to work; these officers have deeply abiding interest in helping the community and closing cases with a successful resolution (i.e., recovering goods stolen during a burglary, identifying and arresting the subject, finding the missing person alive and healthy, and hearing the judge and/or jury hand down an honest and appropriately tough sentence to those who are guilty). If the police are being quiet and secretive it's not because they're lazy or that they don't want to share what they found, but rather, they might be acquiring information and have not come to any conclusions yet. Or, they may be engaged in conducting covert surveillance on a suspect, they might be holding back information that they believe that only the suspect knows and are waiting for them to reveal this, etc. Either way, you can count on the police thoroughly doing their job, and possessing genuine concern for the victim (there are cases like that of Jennifer Kesse and Brianna Maitland that were mishandled to the point of police malpractice, but these are the exception - certainly not the rule in this respect).

Like you, I’m law enforcement but in this case I disagree in part. There may be activity taking place in the investigation that can’t be mentioned but it doesn’t and shouldn’t stop periodic updates , even if those updates are along the lines of ‘ I can assure you that we are actively working on finding Jenna or what has happened for her to disappear ‘!
I do not mean to be disrespectful towards you in any way but if you have been invested in this case from the start or you have since fallen upon it and read all the posts, can you honestly say hand on heart that you believe the LE are doing and have done everything possible to find Jenna or what happened to her ? Because as a Senior Investigating Officer in charge of Detectives, I am appalled at the way in which this investigation has unfolded and the lack of urgency and priority afforded to the case , not forgetting how it took WEEKS for LE to even visit her last known residence and on finding some very perculiar circumstances alongside a very uncooperative roommate, they didn’t even go inside and search , didn’t even get a search warrant for weeks and weeks and if my memory serves me correctly, they still haven’t . This investigation has been lacking from day 1 and the Van Gelderen family have been very let down. I understand the workings of LE and the budgetary and staffing issues faced daily alongside a rise in reported crime yet less staff to do the work BUT they have seriously dropped the ball on this case ! MOO

Maybe LE advised the family to lay low.
In the early days Jenna's brother was on the thread. I think he was advised by LE to stop posting.

Just my opinion
Absolutely correct. They were told to stop posting information as it could be detrimental to finding Jenna or what happened to her and they abided by this directive .

Like you, I’m law enforcement but in this case I disagree in part. There may be activity taking place in the investigation that can’t be mentioned but it doesn’t and shouldn’t stop periodic updates , even if those updates are along the lines of ‘ I can assure you that we are actively working on finding Jenna or what has happened for her to disappear ‘!
I do not mean to be disrespectful towards you in any way but if you have been invested in this case from the start or you have since fallen upon it and read all the posts, can you honestly say hand on heart that you believe the LE are doing and have done everything possible to find Jenna or what happened to her ? Because as a Senior Investigating Officer in charge of Detectives, I am appalled at the way in which this investigation has unfolded and the lack of urgency and priority afforded to the case , not forgetting how it took WEEKS for LE to even visit her last known residence and on finding some very perculiar circumstances alongside a very uncooperative roommate, they didn’t even go inside and search , didn’t even get a search warrant for weeks and weeks and if my memory serves me correctly, they still haven’t . This investigation has been lacking from day 1 and the Van Gelderen family have been very let down. I understand the workings of LE and the budgetary and staffing issues faced daily alongside a rise in reported crime yet less staff to do the work BUT they have seriously dropped the ball on this case ! MOO

I'm not in LE, just a clear thinking person, and I was on this threat from the very beginning. I totally agree with you. There were plenty of moments in the investigation (especially in the beginning) LE could have done better and more. What would be logical to do, hasn't been done and has undermined the further investigation until this day.

Human bone found in northwest Atlanta neighborhood

News from January, 14 2019
Homicide units are investigating after a human bone was found in northwest Atlanta on Sunday, police said.

Officers spotted “possible human remains” near Echo and Wheeler streets about 7:30 p.m., Atlanta police spokeswoman Officer Lisa Bender said. The Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office was called to the scene and confirmed that the bone belonged to a human, Bender said.
The investigation is ongoing.

Could these remains belong to the remains found in October 2018 on Wheeler street?
Police investigating human bones found in NW Atlanta

Maybe now it's possible to identify this remains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member