GA - Jennifer Wilbanks, runaway bride, for false police report, Duluth, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
keac said:
I don't think she should be charged, I think she should just get some help! I belive they should give the rasome money to the state, But get her some help!

Dose anyone know if her boyfriend will take her back???????:woohoo:
Karen

I think she should be charged, and given as a condition -- that she recieve medical help... if this is carried out then she could have all charges dropped and it off her record.

concernedperson said:
It seems Miss Jennifer has some baggage. Please read the article. Much heartache on this forum was in vain. The Runaway Bride has baggage and she has duped many.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/0505/08bride.html

Thanks CP for posting this. I was really disappointed the original thread was deleted. There is still much news to this story. I am anxious to see what the authorities do or if she is made to pay back some money. I sure would rather discuss this than Michael Jackson. :liar:

ETA: Seems like she should be used to community service and paying restitution for crimes. :hand:

Sartain, a former Hall County district attorney, knows her client. Court records show that Wilbanks was arrested three times in that county on shoplifting charges from 1996 to 1998.

In 1996, as district attorney, Sartain prosecuted Wilbanks for allegedly shoplifting $1,740 in merchandise from a Gainesville mall, court records show. Sartain dropped the felony charge after Wilbanks, then 24, completed a pretrial diversion program, the records show. Wilbanks performed 75 hours of community service and paid restitution, according to court records.

Months before that felony arrest, police had charged Wilbanks with misdemeanor shoplifting for allegedly taking $37.05 in merchandise from a Gainesville Wal-Mart. Court records show that officials dismissed the case after Wilbanks completed "Project Turnabout," a six-week counseling program for shoplifters.

She was arrested again, city court records show, in April 1998, when Wilbanks, then 25, was charged with shoplifting $98 worth of merchandise from a store. She pleaded guilty and served two weekends in jail. A judge also sentenced her to probation, a $400 fine and 50 hours of community service.

Interesting Concerned. vewy interesting.

She hasn't been charged with anything in relation to her trip.

Unless she is there's no thread. This one is closed.

While the DA is still contemplating charging runaway bride Jennifer Wilbanks, it turns out he has prosecuted her before: felony shoplifting. Sounds like she was telling the truth at least when she says she has issues!

Bride carried baggage from the past

By MARK DAVIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 05/08/05

Her travels may be over, but Wilbanks' troubles may have just begun. Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter said he was examining evidence for a possible charge of making false statements to a government agency.

Sartain believes that's not necessary.

"She is deeply regretful of the pain she caused her family, her fiancé, her friends and the community who rallied to her aid," the lawyer said Wednesday. "I believe Jennifer committed no crime."

Arrests for shoplifting

Sartain, a former Hall County district attorney, knows her client. Court records show that Wilbanks was arrested three times in that county on shoplifting charges from 1996 to 1998.

In 1996, as district attorney, Sartain prosecuted Wilbanks for allegedly shoplifting $1,740 in merchandise from a Gainesville mall, court records show. Sartain dropped the felony charge after Wilbanks, then 24, completed a pretrial diversion program, the records show. Wilbanks performed 75 hours of community service and paid restitution, according to court records.

Months before that felony arrest, police had charged Wilbanks with misdemeanor shoplifting for allegedly taking $37.05 in merchandise from a Gainesville Wal-Mart. Court records show that officials dismissed the case after Wilbanks completed "Project Turnabout," a six-week counseling program for shoplifters.

She was arrested again, city court records show, in April 1998, when Wilbanks, then 25, was charged with shoplifting $98 worth of merchandise from a store. She pleaded guilty and served two weekends in jail. A judge also sentenced her to probation, a $400 fine and 50 hours of community service.

More community service could be in her future. The city of Duluth estimates that it spent more than $43,000 in overtime costs during its police department's fruitless search for Wilbanks.
--->> http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/0505/08bride.html

She was in her mid 20s when doing all this. That is not a child and she definitely knew better. Why were they so lenient with her? Only a $400 fine for her THIRD offense? Perhaps if they had given her some jail time she wouldn't be in the mess she is today. Her family MUST have known about the shop-lifting.

Cypros said:
She was in her mid 20s when doing all this. That is not a child and she definitely knew better. Why were they so lenient with her? Only a $400 fine for her THIRD offense? Perhaps if they had given her some jail time she wouldn't be in the mess she is today. Her family MUST have known about the shop-lifting.
It's markedly anti-social behavior from a woman of that age, too. She's really messed-up, y'all. I think the public hasn't any idea just how much so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybee204
The Wilbanks Forum is gone. If Jennifer Wilbanks is charged with a crime a thread will be started under the Trials Forum.

This thread and all threads started not following admin's instructions as in the above quote will be locked.

Lock this up if you want to . Just wanted to post these... Thanks ;)
5b43fo

5b455h

ALL FOR SHOPLIFTING............................

Wow...one of the pics looks like a yearbook pic with that big smile. Thanks Lauren!

Thanks , Doll. This is a Crime forum & this is crime. Too bad we can't follow this case & share!

Schmerty_Jones said:
Thanks , Doll. This is a Crime forum & this is crime. Too bad we can't follow this case & share!

I hadn't noticed!!! :bang: So, how ya doing Schmerty? :D

I know...... what a weird photo , the one where she is smiling into the camera. It almost seems as if she's proud to be there posing. As if she doesn't quite get that she's been arrested for shoplifting. :doh:

But its her eyes that frighten me in the other mugshots. There is something very strange and even spooky in her eyes.... I feel sorry for her.

The problem is not the topic of discussion...the problem is users cant seem to discuss this issue without going into attack mode. Several threads have been started...several have been locked. Same will happen with this one. First time the thread goes from discussion to bickering...it's gone.

concernedperson said:
I hadn't noticed!!! :bang: So, how ya doing Schmerty? :D
Doing Great & trying to do some good! Have you read "A Short Guide to a happy life"? If not I'll share with you.
This is an interesting case. When people from comfortable financial circumstance & 'GOOD' family backgrounds create problems & get involved with crime, the question of why & how this developed is always interesting for discussion. Hopeful we can do this politely here or somewhere. :cool:

3 of these mug shots were published about 2 weeks ago in my local paper, the dallas morning news, so they are obviously in a wide release and i am glad all were posted here!

this just shows me that this woman has been troubled for quite a while and if it took something like her mega meltdown for those around her to finally wake up and get her the help she so obviously needs, then thank goodness this all happened. seeing how troubled she is and for how long i truly feel sorry for her and those around her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back