GA - Jennifer Wilbanks, runaway bride, for false police report, Duluth, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This woman has twice run away before this episode? Her behavior is that of a child, which may be why she was given a towel to cover her head and the police gave her a teddy bear for security. And she's 32? Run, John, Run.

kgeaux said:
I would have totally agreed with you, Gabby, until I read in a thread in the "Jennifer Wilbanks" section that she's done this twice before. Running away and leaving her fiance confused, her family scared seems to be a pattern with her. Knowing full well that her family knows her pattern, she escalated it this time by cutting off her hair and pitching it where it would be found--she wanted IMO everyone to think she'd been a victim of a violent crime. She's got some underlying factors, alright. I am not sure if I believe her underlying factors make this any more palatable.
I agree.

This is her 3rd time doing this, however this last time she took it to another level.
Also she bought the bus ticket the 19th, way before she left.:banghead:
She:slap: should be made accountable for her actions.
She not only hurt her family,husband to be and friends but the 600 guests!!!

She hurt the law inforcement.
I feel this might hurt future cases of this matter.
The law enforcement should of been on cases that really need help.
And for ALL the money that was spent involved in this case is a
*am shane.

I was wondering if or how this might affect future searches when someone is missing. Hundreds of people searched for this gal, time and expenses which might have been spent in other ways if not for their generosity.

The next time someone in the area goes missing, are these people likely to say "hmmmm - - the last one was a hoax and I wasted my time . . . . . "

Just curious about your thoughts on this.

This gal must pay back the community in some way, IMO.

CNN's headline said she needed time alone. Why, then, did she pre-plan her abduction and then lie about being abducted? Didn't she have enough maturity to tell her fiance that she wasn't ready rather than put eveyone through hell?

First off, I'm very glad she is alive and not a statistic. Also, I'm sorry that I began to look suspiciously at her fiance. He did not deserve it and, she does not deserve him.
My take is that she has been coddled all her life - possibly never had to want for a thing. I'm not speaking from jealously but oftentimes, a bit of struggling builds responsibility. There is no shame in backing out of a marriage ever -granted she let the perception of wanting to marry John go on to the deadline but she still could have said to someone ' I can't do it'. And let the pieces fall where they may. My father told me the night before I was married that I can back out if I wanted - he must have known something I didn't - the marriage was a disaster. That's another story for another time.
Jennifer needs psychiatric help of some form - she also needs to experience life before commiting to a marriage or a serious relationship. I worry that should she not receive guidance and help, what will happen if and when she does marry, becomes pregnant, has a child and runs when it gets to much. There'll be more at stake then than now - then there might be a child or a child's safety in the mix.

It sounds to me like this woman has major problems. I think perhaps she's been the center of her family's attention all of her life and thrives on it. Anyone who needs 14 bridesmaids at her wedding is simply wanting to produce an extravaganza in which she stars.

She obviously planned her departure from the time she bought her bus ticket. I feel so sorry that her family, her fiance, his family and all of her friends had to endure this. Such callous behaviour on her part with no consideration for all the money that was spent by both families and probably all of the attendants to get ready for her "Oscar" performance.

I'm glad she's alive but if I were her fiance, I'd take a long hard look at things before I set another wedding date. If she's done this twice before, she enjoys hurting other people or she needs to be in a "bobby hatch".

Lisabet said:
For eight weeks she'd lived back and forth in her fiance's home. It all seemed like the perfect romance, but she found that he left his dirty socks and underwear on the bedroom floor, and expected someone else to pick it up, wash it, and return it laundered to his dresser. He asked her, "So, what have you got cooked for dinner for us?" ---- (with his dirty underpants still on the bedroom floor) and she caught a Greyhound bus and got the heck out of there, and so would have I.
Are you speculating this, or is it published material?

Regardless of what he is like and I am sure none of us really know. There is no excuse for what she did to him or to her family. She should have left a note for them telling them she was taking off for a while because she was under extreme stress and could not handle the wedding right now. I would never do that to my family. If she needed a break she had a right to take one, she should have just done it in a different manner IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out she had feelings for someone else that exploded as her wedding got closer. Maybe someone came into her life and she didnt' know what to do. It wasn't right the way she took off but maybe there is far more here than meets the eye. It could be that she had a real meltdown and just didn't think of anything but getting away. Maybe it is as simple as her having the perfect life for everyone else and not for herself......I don't think we will ever find out the whole story.It was horrible to put her loved ones through the ordeal but maybe she saw no other way out.....

Have any of you seen Runaway Bride and Sleeping with the Enemy? My Bestfriend's Wedding.....maybe she was thinking she do like Julia did in those movies.

This scenario runs very closely to Sleeping with the Enemy, Runaway Bride....Cutting her hair.....getting on a bus to somewhere where she wasn't known.

Un-friggin-believeable. What a putz! She needs some counseling! QUICK! :slap: :slap: :slap:

Lisabet said:
but she found that he left his dirty socks and underwear on the bedroom floor, and expected someone else to pick it up, wash it, and return it laundered to his dresser. He asked her, "So, what have you got cooked for dinner for us?" ---- (with his dirty underpants still on the bedroom floor) and she caught a Greyhound bus and got the heck out of there, and so would have I.
LOL! Sounds like she must have some Yankee blood in her. :D

Sunnmoon said:
Have any of you seen Runaway Bride and Sleeping with the Enemy? My Bestfriend's Wedding.....maybe she was thinking she do like Julia did in those movies.

This scenario runs very closely to Sleeping with the Enemy, Runaway Bride....Cutting her hair.....getting on a bus to somewhere where she wasn't known.

Un-friggin-believeable. What a putz! She needs some counseling! QUICK! :slap: :slap: :slap:

-------------------------->>> Good thought, I have not seen any of those movies, but I am curious about the WHY's of the movie bride person - why did they leave BEFORE the wedding, and did they marry after their head problems??? Thanks Sunnmoon.

I don't think she should be charged, I think she should just get some help! I belive they should give the rasome money to the state, But get her some help!

Dose anyone know if her boyfriend will take her back???????:woohoo:
Karen

She should be charged with filing a false statement...I wonder why the Hispanic comunity is not up in arms in that she blamed a Hispanic Male carrying a large gun of abduction & sexual assault to LE & the FBI!

32 years old! she should act like an adult not make up stories like a teenager. She obviously is not the most mature person in the world. A typical cloistered, southern belle she needs a strong dose of reality maybe paying for the search & doing community service in let's say a battered womans shelter, working in an organization that helps locate missing children. She needs to do something. Passing it off as a temporary break-down because of pre-wedding jitters would not do her any good in the long run. She needs to grow-up...

She's had 32 years so far and hasn't matured much...

To quote D.A. Porter: "You cannot MAKE someone get help unless you get them under jurisdiction of the court....you cannot MAKE them pay restitution unless you get them under jurisdiction..."

The circumstances and emotional state will be taken into consideration in the sentencing, but the charges may have to be made.

Lisabet said:
For eight weeks she'd lived back and forth in her fiance's home. It all seemed like the perfect romance, but she found that he left his dirty socks and underwear on the bedroom floor, and expected someone else to pick it up, wash it, and return it laundered to his dresser. He asked her, "So, what have you got cooked for dinner for us?" ---- (with his dirty underpants still on the bedroom floor) and she caught a Greyhound bus and got the heck out of there, and so would have I.
It was said(if infact it's true) they lived together for 4 years......:chicken:

Trino said:
If the wedding does take place, at least the bridemaids, ushers, caterer, hall rental, etc. will not be left in financial distress. However, I think J. Mason should be the one to get cold feet and make a run for the border.

I'm sure several people were traveling to the wedding from out of town. These folks had airline tickets, hotel reservations, and might have had to take off from work. Perhaps the wedding party and invited guest should now consider not attending the wedding.

On second thought, this shouldn't be done. It might extend the news coverage. This story should not get anymore press.

jpop379 said:
A typical cloistered, southern belle she needs a strong dose of reality maybe paying for the search & doing community service in let's say a battered womans shelter, working in an organization that helps locate missing children....
How about just a typical spoiled brat? Leave the rest of us decent southern belles out of this! :angel:

I do agree with your other comments. I was wondering where the Hispanic community's outrage is as well. If she wanted to have some time to herself to think things through, ok, fine. LEAVE A NOTE if you're not strong enough to actually say the words to someone. The fact that she premediated this whole thing to make it appear as though some tragic fate has befallen her is what makes me so upset. It is beyond cruel for her to have done that to her freinds and family. It would be easier for me to understand her if she hadn't put the cruel twist on it.

JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back