GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: The body of Jorelys Rivera was found Monday afternoon in a dumpster from her apartment complex. GBI Director Vernon Keenan said it appears the 7-year-old was severely beaten and sexually assaulted. Her body is being sent to the crime lab for an autopsy and a murder investigation is now underway. So far, there are no suspects.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/police-find-body-of-1249642.html

Keenan said the body was discovered around 12:30 p.m. Police had been searching dumpsters at the apartment complex, but the dumpster where her body was found was not searched until today. Police had to move the dumpster across Reinhardt Parkway and remove the contents of the dumpster before they found the body

I know LE knows what they are doing, but I think it's wise to check all vacant apartments. All apartments being renovated from people moving out (it's the beginning of the month). And, of course, all accessible apartments to whee Jorely was living.

The only *logical (when there isn't any here, really) way for someone to carry something out the size of a child would be someone working with larger objects - LIKE MAINTENANCE MEN.

Maintenance men or contractors hired to do work in the building.

Hall said the girl’s family is upset and has been “very cooperative.” He said Jorelys' mother was inside the family’s apartment when the girl disappeared on Friday and that a teenage babysitter “was supposed to be watching her, but went to another location for a period of time before the girl went missing.”

Ugh. Where did this babysitter go?

Can you tell me about the coke cans?

It was posted earlier that 4 white cans of coke were found. Two empty and two full. They were found behind one of the apartment buildings, but I don't recall which one and if they were found directly behind the apartment Jorelys resided in or not.

Can you tell me about the coke cans?

Per one of the local news reports, 4 Coke cans were found behind one of the apartment complex buildings. Two cans were full and two cans were empty.

Have they stated that the babysitter is cleared?

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2011/12/05/b6/e7/missinggirldumpster.jpg

(picture of the dumpster^^..... that is a lot of garbage to sift thru... it is amazing they were able to find her...)

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/crews-intensify-search-missing-girl/nFs6d/

so sorry Jorelys...

Wasn't watching the live feed, just reading. Thanks for the link and picture. This is different from the dumpster I had envisioned. I was thinking the type on 4 wheels with a lid residents lift. The one she was found in appears to be the type used for hauling and set up when large construction or demolition projects are occuring. I wonder why this type of dumpster was set up at an apartment complex. Was work underway in this complex?

What I cannot make logic out of now, who reported that she went home to grab drinks? The friends on the playground? Because if the babysitter left prior they would have no clue that she was heading back to the apartment - unless it was all coordinated. Not suspecting anyone with this comment, just really confused on who gave this report to the police.

This is one ugly monster that did this and IMO has done this before. Far too vicious of a crime. Most monsters like this "graduate" to this extent, for lack of a better word. Needs to be caught quickly and I'm sure LE is thinking along the same sense of urgency.

They certainly didn't say anything at the presser to alleviate fears in the community.

Wasn't watching the live feed, just reading. Thanks for the link and picture. This is different from the dumpster I had envisioned. I was thinking the type on 4 wheels with a lid residents lift. The one she was found in appears to be the type used for hauling and set up when large construction or demolition projects are occuring. I wonder why this type of dumpster was set up at an apartment complex. Was work underway in this complex?

Many complexes around here have a "drive up" trash service...
before exiting the complex a side drive rises, you stop your car get out and throw your thrash away... get back in your car and drive away.
maybe drive "thru" is more appropriate. I hope the have the perp on surveillance cameras...

What I cannot make logic out of now, who reported that she went home to grab drinks? The friends on the playground? Because if the babysitter left prior they would have no clue that she was heading back to the apartment - unless it was all coordinated. Not suspecting anyone with this comment, just really confused on who gave this report to the police.

Speculation, but here his how I am piecing together the information released.

Jorelys, her younger siblings, two friends and babysitter were at the playground. Two friends leave at 3:45. Jorelys, her younger siblings and babysitter remain at the playground. Babysitter goes off somewhere leaving Jorelys and her two younger siblings unsupervised at the playground. Jorelys then leaves her two younger siblings at the playground to go back to the apartment to get something for all of them to drink.

I could be wrong.... but that is how I am envisioning the scenario based on what has been released to the public.

Hard to tell from this distance, but it looks like just ordinary black and white garbage bags full of houshold garbage strewn on the ground, not demo materials, etc. I've seen apartment complexes where they have one ginormous garbage thing this size, and there's a built structure around it making it semi 'in the ground', so it's easy for people just to pull up to the thing and toss right in at chest height. It usally has a thing (I think) over the top that can compact it as necessary.

ETA: Could I use the word 'thing' more often? Oy.

I had been keeping an eye on this case, but had to step away to put my baby down for nap. When I came back, I saw that the headline had changed and it hit me so hard in the stomach, like I had been punched. I had so hoped for a better ending for this little girl. I though for sure, since the police had arrived so soon after she was last seen, that they might be able to find her, being kept in a closet in one of the apartments. I thought for sure, no one would be so brazen as to kill a child with le all around. I want so badly to go wake up my daughter and hold her close to me. Rest in peace little Jorelys, no one will ever hurt you again, I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416