GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this reminds me so much of Kevin Underwood.... (lived in same apartment as Jamie Bolin)

wouldn't be surprised if the perp has been talking on camera or showing up at the vigil imhoo....

Nurse, thank you for the recap. While watching, I thought VK said calculated and planned... just makes me want to start crying all over again.

If this was calculated and planned, I wonder if this was the first time this sicko acted out? Obviously, there haven't been any other missing children from the same complex, but I wonder if there might have been some "close calls"?

The fact that this area has such a high hispanic population makes me wonder if there are alot of things that happen that just go unreported in order to stay below the radar. Maybe mom says stay inside and be more careful, because who are they going to tell?

Just thinking out loud.....

Oh my this is so very sad. Pray he is caught soon. Must be terrifying for those in the complex and the area.

Nurse, from your recap, I personally believe there is more than one perp involved. I just get that gut feeling... Poor poor child. :cry:

Also, it said they don't believe any RSO's were involved. Well, let's hope the SO or SO's who did this very soon become RSO's. Although hopefully it won't matter b/c if convicted I hope they'll never see the light of day again. :furious:

Nurse, thank you for the recap. While watching, I thought VK said calculated and planned... just makes me want to start crying all over again.

If this was calculated and planned, I wonder if this was the first time this sicko acted out? Obviously, there haven't been any other missing children from the same complex, but I wonder if there might have been some "close calls"?

The fact that this area has such a high hispanic population makes me wonder if there are alot of things that happen that just go unreported in order to stay below the radar. Maybe mom says stay inside and be more careful, because who are they going to tell?

Just thinking out loud.....

Might be the first time he has escalated to murder but for every child molested there are many others by the time they are caught. Perhaps this guy has been murdering but is transient. I pray he is caught soon :furious:
MOO

this reminds me so much of Kevin Underwood.... (lived in same apartment as Jamie Bolin)

wouldn't be surprised if the perp has been talking on camera or showing up at the vigil imhoo....

I have this feeling about that guy who was on NG last night. IDK just watching him I was thinking to myself what if he did it.

Beaten and stabbed :banghead: Beyond vicious :furious:

presser:

The CME of the state of GA did the autopsy
COD was blunt force trauma to the head
she was also stabbed and sexually assaulted
there were other injuries that will not be described today
evidence was collected from the child and other locations
prelim dna is expected later today

65 investigators are assigned
have completed several 100 interviews
have done a few multiple reinterviews
they are working on a timeline of the victim

the killer resides in the complex or has access to it, the investigators believe
numerous citizen tips received
lots of valuable info from residents

$15 k reward being offered for arrest and conviction
they have multiple valuable leads
will not talk about suspects
several search warrants have been issued: will not discuss
no reason to think any of the rsos in the apartment did this

believe she was abducted from the playground, taken to a vacant apartment and disposed of in compacting dumspter

they located blood evidence in a vacant apartment that was UNLOCKED (it has been sent for testing)

time of death is 1-1.5 hours after she vanished
the crime was CALCULATED AND PLANNED.. was she targeted? not sure

the building where she lived and the one with the vacant apartment are adjacent.

presser again today? not unless there is breaking news

Respectfully BBM

First, thank you for transcribing this.

Is the confirmed last sighting of Jorelys still at 5 or 5:30? If so, they believe time of death is 6 or 6:30? And if that's the case, it seems he had to have disposed of her body after the cops got there or just as they got there. Or do we not have a confirmed time of when the first LE got there?

Or is the last confirmed sighting earlier?

Thanks to those who took the time and trouble to type a summary of the PC for those of us who missed it.

The person who did this is an absolute maniac. I can't help wondering from some of the things they are saying--and not saying--if he mutilated her poor little body in addition to everything else.

Whoever you are, you are on borrowed time and not much of it. I firmly believe you will be caught soon. Maybe even today....

K.

Is the confirmed last sighting of Jorelys still at 5 or 5:30? If so, they believe time of death is 6 or 6:30? And if that's the case, it seems he had to have disposed of her body after the cops got there or just as they got there. Or do we not have a confirmed time of when the first LE got there?

Or is the last confirmed sighting earlier?

Or is

they said they were working on her (Jorely's) timeline...

it is my understanding that the TOD is approximate

Beaten and stabbed :banghead: Beyond vicious :furious:

Beaten, stabbed, sexually assaulted and "other injuries that won't be described today"...

Tears are flowing for this precious child.

I'm reminded of Sandra Cantu. Both little girls innocently playing/skipping right where they live. What a tragedy!

Thanks to those who took the time and trouble to type a summary of the PC for those of us who missed it.

The person who did this is an absolute maniac. I can't help wondering from some of the things they are saying--and not saying--if he mutilated her poor little body in addition to everything else.

Whoever you are, you are on borrowed time and not much of it. I firmly believe you will be caught soon. Maybe even today....

K.
bbm: ITA! I am sure someone is out and about in that apartment complex with defensive wounds and cuts on his hands (re: happens a lot in stabbings) The way the GBI director was answering it seems like they have an idea of who did this:twocents:

today isn't soon enough

Has anything else been said about the other children and if they were going to be returned to the home?

random thought: why in the hello are the vacant apartments unlocked for?????

There was a murder in Toronto or Vancouver in the late 80s or early 90s that struck me as very similar. The 6 year old girl (Andrea? Amanda?) was abducted when playing at or near the apartment complex's playground while being watched by a babysitter, and was found days later in the building. A janitor or caretaker was charged, I believe. When I first read that Jorelys was missing, that was my first thought- I was hoping there would be a happier outcome, but no. :(

Edit- It was Andrea Atkinson. There's an article here that touches on the crime. It doesn't mention the babysitter, so either I'm completely misremembering or it was another parent(s) keeping half an eye on her that day.

thanks for the recap....did it say they were unlocked? if this was planned maybe it was broken into prior and set up, or someone was squatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper