GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
random thought: why in the hello are the vacant apartments unlocked for?????

EXACTLY my thoughts too Nursie.

We lived in a "complex" similar to this one for a year. Many buildings (literally hundreds of apts) - spread out over quite a chunk of "land". Boy o boy - did I see and hear a lot.

First - there were MANY empty apts ("my" place was built originally as a condo complex but with the economy - nothing was selling and therefore, they decided to rent them out) A lot of the empties were foreclosures and that one bank from out west (that went down really early on). Anyway, the next door apt to mine was empty. We had small screened in porches - so DH and I went over there one day and sure enough - walked right in. The screen door was broken and the glass sliding doors were unlocked. We did that because my DD's room shared a wall with that apt and she kept telling me she would hear voices in there at night. :eek: I notified management about it - but right up until we left - they didn't do anything - didn't even secure it (and I checked ALL THE TIME).

I'm sickened over this. This poor child. Yet, another one. I was thinking yesterday, when I saw that woman with the dog being interviewed and how she said that Jorely loved animals if she was lured into the apt with a puppy or kitty.

I can tell you, if I lived in that complext - I WOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN GONE - especially if I had kids. That's why we moved - those places are very difficult to police and you just can't control who moves in and out. I'll keep my single family home - thank you.

Just this morning when I was watching the news before I left for work, I thought to myself, either this is a couple of teenagers that did it for a thrill or it's a seasoned child molester who's attacks have escalated violently.
Regardless, nobody in that area is safe right now.

Beaten, stabbed, sexually assaulted and "other injuries that won't be described today"...

Tears are flowing for this precious child.

I know just horrific. I'm with ya right now with the tears. Bunt force trauma wasn't enough :furious: Stabbing and "other injuries". What overkill from a raging maniac. I pray she wasn't conscious for any of it.

I watched the presser video again to get some of the reporter questions I couldn't hear on the live stream:

Q: we hear you have agents over at the _________twelve at the apartment complex and a car may have been taken away. what can you tell us about that

A: cannot really get into that. we have served several search warrants.....

Q: we got a tip that it was a maintenance worker and that an rso lives above the family

A: not going to talk about the suspects.. all rso's have been checked and none appear to be involved

Thankx for that nurse. Interesting - the second question. Was 2 parts - 1) maintenance worker rumor and 2) rso living above

Was answered - 1) not going to talk about "suspects"? So, does that mean they DO, in fact, have suspectS (plural?) and 2) all rso's have been "cleared".

So, the maintenance worker part was completely ignored and replaced with "no comment on any suspects".

This is JMHO but I think this is going to turn out to be a maintenance worker or workerS and that he/they haven't worked there very long and that there have been reports, comments, complaints about these he/they workers previously.

I watched the presser video again to get some of the reporter questions I couldn't hear on the live stream:

Q: we hear you have agents over at the _________twelve at the apartment complex and a car may have been taken away. what can you tell us about that

Q: we got a tip that it was a maintenance worker and that an rso lives above the family

A: not going to talk about the suspects.. all rso's have been checked and none appear to be involved

Notice they said rso's had been cleared but they DID NOT say the maintenance worker had been cleared. This says a lot I think.

the reporters know and see a lot more that is going on that has not been reported on (re: car being taken etc)...

truckengirl, do you know what the reporter could have meant by "twelve" and apartment complex re: to where there are agents and a car was taken away? I could not understand her entire question... is there another complex right next to this one perhaps?

My first thought was someone with access to the vacant apartment & the trash compactor. That would be a maintenance worker. There may be several. They have keys. Hopefully they will clear them asap.

Building 12 maybe? I'm looking at the complex on google earth now, and I see at least 12 buildings. jmo...

My first thought was someone with access to the vacant apartment & the trash compactor. That would be a maintenance worker. There may be several. They have keys. Hopefully they will clear them asap.

Does anyone know if the trash receptacle is locked? Or is it a common dumpster that anyone can use?

Yes if that Apt. was known to have been kept locked that should narrow their search to whomever had access to the key. This animal needs to be caught yesterday :furious:

the reporters know and see a lot more that is going on that has not been reported on (re: car being taken etc)...

truckengirl, do you know what the reporter could have meant by "twelve" and apartment complex re: to where there are agents and a car was taken away? I could not understand her entire question... is there another complex right next to this one perhaps?

I believe there are 12 buildings in the complex so I'm wondering if they said building 12. Yes there are 2 apartment complexes right next to each other. I know someone who used to live there so I'm going to ask them more details on the complex. I do have to say I am very proud of our local police and Sheriff's office because they were on top of this from the beginning. The only reason it took from Friday night until Monday to search that dumpster was because they had to wait on the company that manufactures the dumpster/compactor to come and disassemble it so they could actually get the dumpster out of the compactor and that company couldn't get the equipment there til Monday.

Maintenance people go in and out of apartments while working on them & getting called to another priority. It could have been left unlocked mistakenly. The manager has to make money on those apartments, collecting rents for the owners so leaving them unlocked for anyone to stay at would cause unsavory types to stay when it's cold, not to mention damage.

So...anyone could have found this apartment unlocked, but I'm sure the people with keys have been interviewed quite extensively. Might be why they sounded on top of this in the presser.

SuzyQ, I read that there was a key to compact it and yes the tenants could use it. Only the person with the keys could start the compactor. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone!

That "Planned and calculated" statement doesn't sound good either for any maintenance people.

(i'm trying to talk myself out of suspecting workers at the apartments, if you couldn't tell...)

WSBTV local news...

- investigators gathering evidence/information in hopes of catching killer
- they have very strong leads in this case
- believe the man lives in the apartment complex or had ready access
- issuing several more search warrants for apartments on the property
- RSO's in complex have been ruled out
- $15k reward

Fox5News...

- 65 state and local investigators working the case around the clock
- other injuries were not going to described
- have received numerous tips, very valuable information from residents at complex
- not clear if Jorelys was targeted or not, but was a calculated and planned crime
- gathered DNA evidence at scene, hope to have results today

WXIA...

- investigators camped out at vacant apartment as well as another apartment
- found evidence in an apartment, believed to be blood, sent to GBI crime lab
- no one in custody right now
- no reason to believe RSO's in complex are involved
- 2 crime lab trucks just entered complex (during broadcast at noon)

keep in mind that this apt complex is not one of the nicer ones, maintenance and management just go through the motions of collecting money, renting new apts and taking care of major problems if that. Little things like continually checking on the status of vacant apts go by the wayside. THe window could have been broken and unlocked from the inside and depending on where it is in the complex (back side) management and maintenance might not realize it for a long long time. Maybe the apt needed extensive repairs and they didnt want to spend the money getting it rentable with others available.

WSBTV local news...

- investigators gathering evidence/information in hopes of catching killer
- they have very strong leads in this case
- believe the man lives in the apartment complex or had ready access
- issuing several more search warrants for apartments on the property
- RSO's in complex have been ruled out
- $15k reward

Fox5News...

- 65 state and local investigators working the case around the clock
- other injuries were not going to described
- have received numerous tips, very valuable information from residents at complex
- not clear if Jorelys was targeted or not, but was a calculated and planned crime
- gathered DNA evidence at scene, hope to have results today

WXIA...

- investigators camped out at vacant apartment as well as another apartment
- found evidence in an apartment, believed to be blood, sent to GBI crime lab
- no one in custody right now
- no reason to believe RSO's in complex are involved
- 2 crime lab trucks just entered complex (during broadcast at noon)
bbm....

I think they are on to someone...

any locals: are the main doors to these apartments on the outside or the inside? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper