GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad was in Miami working according to news articles.
I haven't seen/heard who was taking care of the children while mom was working.

I thought Dad lived in Puerto Rico?

The mother refers to herself as a "single mom".

I was thinking about that last night. I heard (I think on NG) that mom didn't see Jorely at all on Friday. That by the time mom came home from the night shift at work that the kids were already in school for the day. So, someone had to have been there with them - to get them up, breakfast, ready for school, off to school. Yet, I haven't heard word one about who the children's caretaker was while mom worked the night shift.

And who stayed with the 1 year old and 4 year old all day while mom was sleeping?

In a very early article, I thought I'd read the sitter/family friend lived with them. Even if that is the case, the sitter is a teen. Is the sitter a drop out and doesn't go to school during the day? Perhaps the sitter is 'illegal'? :waitasec: (I don't know anything, just speculating!)

BBM

I agree. If it were a typical pedophile then he would have just groomed her and been happy that she was so often left unsupervised. I would be surprised that he would end her life when he had such a good situation going on. But it is possible that he had been abusing her for awhile, and this time she threatened to tell on him. ?

Could be but due to the violent nature of her death i cant help but think part of the "thrill" for him was also the kill :furious: Had she just been strangled and left for dead i might think otherwise. Seems planned and overkill and took the time to conceal her body. MOO

the two youngest kids aren't even school aged.... so is this "teen" out of high school? who was watching the babies during the day while she slept?

this link says that she attended canton ES
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16191206/police-find-missing-7-year-old-canton-child

and this link says that arrival time is 0710 so entirely possible that mom missed her that morning:
http://www.cherokee.k12.ga.us/Schoo...Information/Student Arrival and Departure.pdf

SEE!!! The two little ones weren't old enough for school. So, who was there with the kids? Did the teen live nearby and just went home once they were all asleep? C'mon. What would they do if they woke up during the night? No, she had to have had someone staying there with those children at night. If she was leaving them alone :furious:

JMHO

I think they are divorced or were never married. I think Puerto Rico was misinformation from Friday. Most articles I'm reading say he lives in Florida and he came up on Saturday to help look for Jorelys. :seeya:

Respectfully bolded by me.

No the sexual attraction that a pedophile has for a person who is "not yet of legal age" is not the same as an adult that has sexual attraction for another adult.

Might just be my humble opinion but nope I don't agree with that and to be honest the way that is worded really gives me pause. But that's beside the point.

(respectfully snipped a sentence from your post for simplicity of reply)

"the typical pedophile is no more a violent homicidal rapist"

Molesting, raping, commiting sodomy on a child is a violent act. It might not be homicide but it's violence. That's just my humble opinion.

I have no clue if whomever murdered Jorely was a pedophile or not. However, if the autopsy does prove that Jorely was raped then IMHO my initial conclusion would be that the murder was committed possibly in part in order to cover up the crime of rape. So rape would have been the violent act that began the chain of events that lead to Jorely's murder.

I have no sympathy or empathy for sex offenders. Whether they are pedophiles (as defined by law) or ephebophiles or your run of the mill rapist. Whether that RSO is male or female---it's across the board---they get no breaks from me. JMHO

Due to the horrific nature of the this type of crime, and the natural and instinctive revulsion most of us feel when we even consider it, it becomes a very difficult subject to discuss dispassionately (as if such a thing were possible). None the less, for the purposes of THIS or any discussion here at websleaths (where the goal is justice and truth), it is probably better that we do so as best we can.

In order to keep from writing a novel length post I am going to be brief.

The number of pedophiles in America is unknown, and the percentage varies wildly depending upon how one measures and defines the inclination. Of those who's primary urge is largely restricted to young children -- the "pure" clinical pedophile, the number hovers somewhere around or less than 1% of the population. The vast majority of this group obviously never act upon these urges with a child. Of those that do act, it is rare that physical force is involved or that a child is PHYSICALLY injured -- the typical crime involves fondling, kissing, and looking.

THIS IS NOT AN EFFORT TO DIMINSISH THE HORROR AND EVIL OF THESE CRIMES OR CRIMINALS, OR THE DAMAGE DONE TO THE VICTIMS!!!

For nearly 90% of the youngest victims (under age twelve) of rape and sexual assault (that excluded murder), the offender was someone known to them. Approximately half (about 43%) of these victims were sexually assaulted by a member of their own family. Among the remainder, most were victimized by a close family friend, a relative, a teacher, their priest, a coach, someone with access to that child who was able to gain the childs trust.

BUT... we are talking here about murder.

These numbers change somewhat when we add murder to the mix. Sexual assault murders were about twice as likely as all murders to involve victims and offenders who were strangers. Sexual assault murders and all murders were equally likely to have involved acquaintances, but family murders were far less likely to have involved sexual assault.

The percentage of all murders in which rape or other sex offenses is the motivator is consistently less than 1%. Sexual assault murder victims differ from the normal murder victim in that they tend to be both younger and older than normal murder victims, with the largest percentage of sexual assault murder victims falling into the under 12 and over 60 categories.

Approximately 80% of sexual assault murders were intraracial, whereas the exact opposite is true of sexual assault and rape that does not include murder. More than 60% of sexual assault murderers are between ages 18 and 29. Known offenders in sexual assault murders are more likely to have been male than is true for murders in general. Sexual assault murders are also more likely than all murders to involve a white offender (58% versus 48%). The most commonly used weapon(s) in sexual assault murders was a knife (28%), followed by hands and feet (20%).

She was reported REALLY quickly.

LE was on the scene by 5:30.

So then... if she died 1-1 1/2 hrs after missing (around 5pm) She was probably still alive when LE got there. Wonder if the murderer saw LE and then killed her?

Does this make sense?

My first thought was someone with access to the vacant apartment & the trash compactor. That would be a maintenance worker. There may be several. They have keys. Hopefully they will clear them asap.

Maintenance workers and apt. managers are on my radar here as well. And they would seem 'safe' to a child as she would have seen them being helpful around the complex.

My 19 yr old DD is living in her own apt. with her friend. I asked how things were going, and if they needed help with anything there. " No problem, we made friends with the maintenance man, he's awesome. He always comes around and fixes things for us in the apt. " :eek::eek::eek:

Oaky, maybe I AM paranoid, but I told her of my discomfort and she said I was being silly, and the guy is fine. So who knows?

I think it depends on the complex and the area of town. Remember Mona Nelson? She killed Jonathan Foster. She was a maintenance worker at apartment complexes too.

I think it depends on the complex and the area of town. Remember Mona Nelson? She killed Jonathan Foster. She was a maintenance worker at apartment complexes too.

Oh dear heavens. Who could forget that monster. :furious:

Was there ever an image that showed the garbage location in relation to the rest of the complexes? Is it hidden or out of the way? It would be pretty brazen for someone to dispose of a body in the garbage with the police presence. Wondering how easy this would be?

mrsu, I was just thinking the same thing. Let's say they put her in a black plastic trash bag. Where did they get the bag...not in an empty apt.

Reason siblings were removed:

The siblings of Jorelys Rivera, the 7-year-old girl who may have been abducted Friday evening, are in the custody of the Cherokee County Department of Family & Children Services, Canton Police spokeswoman Candy Worthy said this morning.

"The children were taken because of lack of supervision," she said. "Obviously, Jorelys disappeared because she was not being watched properly. So the younger two children were taken and placed with DFACS."

Worthy said the move was "normal and procedural," and that authorities "don't think" Rivera's mother had anything to do with her disappearance "at this point. We just think that she was not supervising well enough to keep all of the children safe."

http://canton-ga.patch.com/articles/girl-7-missing

Early reports said he was in Puerto Rico, but then changed to him being in Miami working.

What hour/time was she reported missing? If she was seen around 5pm at the playground, how long did it take to report her missing?

An important thing to remember, the last time another source saw her, other than the babysitter, was at 3:25 that same day.

I am wondering who established the 5:30 timeline, the babysitter?

So then... if she died 1-1 1/2 hrs after missing (around 5pm) She was probably still alive when LE got there. Wonder if the murderer saw LE and then killed her?

Does this make sense?

It does, to me. However, has LE established a solid time line at this point?

mrsu, I was just thinking the same thing. Let's say they put her in a black plastic trash bag. Where did they get the bag...not in an empty apt.

Maybe that is part of how they know it was planned?

I am thinking now that maybe there was no babysitter, no teen who was watching her. Maybe the mom just said that to make things presentable. In one place it is stated that the sitter went to get drinks, and in another place it says the child went to get the drinks. Which is the truth? Is there even a babysitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member