Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
per WSB tv 4:00 news
RSO living nearby are officially ruled OUT as suspects per GBI!

Thanks georgiagirl for the link to the Huffingtom post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/jorelys-rivera_n_1132110.html

BBM below from the article :waitasec:
Investigators believe a Georgia girl abducted from a residential playground was taken to a nearby vacant apartment, where she was sexually assaulted, stabbed and beaten to death before her body was placed in a trash bin, authorities said Tuesday.

Several sex offenders living at the complex have been identified and interviewed, Keenan said. But he added, "We have no reason to believe, at this point, that sex offenders are involved."

That brought me to tears.
I know there is no answer to this question but why does this type crime have to happen?
A child sexually assaulted and beaten to death before Chrismas for me is even more evil.

Has LE said who called in the missing person report and exactly waht time it was called in?

The discrepancy of 3:45pm and 5pm (on the playground) is confusing to me.

JMO but the lack of supervision of the child generally leads to the parent/guardian/family "fabricating" the time the child was last seen. I'm assuming that may be what happened in this case. The 5PM timeline sounds more accurate to me given the perp had enough time to do what he did...

She went missing possibly as early as 3:45. Cops arrived about 5:30-ish. So the perp would have enough time to do his dirty work. But he had to be quick about it.

I am still wondering about a handyman or apt, Manager type. Someone who would not look out of place coming and going from empty apartments or basements, or carrying large bundles to the trash area.

I agree that the apartment maintenance staff needs to be checked. Where has it been published that she might have gone missing as early as 3:45?

per WSB tv 4:00 news
RSO living nearby are officially ruled OUT as suspects per GBI!

I don't care if they say RSO (registered sexual offender) are ruled out
there is a SO who sexually abused and viciously murdered this precious child.

I am sick of them all-------->our beautiful children are being abused, molested, beaten and murdered thown away like trash and wer':banghead:e worried about being politically correct

From the press conference this morning and reported in several articles such as this:

"This was a very calculated and planned crime," Keenan said. Police did not give a time of death."

Does anybody have any knowledge or speculation about why the police would think this was a calculated and planned crime?

From my limited knowledge of how LE work, forensics and based on what has been released to the public, I suspect they found some things in the vacant apartment to lead LE to that conclusion. Any other thoughts?

How did they determine time of death?
Stomach contents maybe? That drink she went to get?

I find it odd that he places himself near the crime when it occurred...
and then to say the gf watched the child on the playground but HE never saw Jorely???:waitasec:
Yes, I too hope he is being looked at very closely.
Heck I even wrote his name down!

I found him a little odd, but mostly because it instantly reminded me of another suspect...

The woman on Nancy... who was holding the dog... (I think she was anyway) made me think too.
She herself said Jorelys loved animals. Does she have a male family member living with her or visiting?

Craig Gregerson's wife was interviewed before they found Destiny Norton's body in her house...
Craig also let the cops in to "look around" while Destiny's body was still in the house...

They didn't look through the apartments till about 10pm according to neighbors... the person had plenty of time to clean up.

If you count the buildings in order starting from the front the one I referenced above would be the 7th building going from front to back?? I wish we knew. I guess that's the one that makes most sense to me.

I tried to Google 7000 and then each street in the neighborhood thinking that may be an address, but nothing came up on any of the streets, so they must be listed differently.

Here are the layout plans for each apartment as well as the layout for the entire complex. Each building is numbered in this map, maybe that will help.

http://www.riverridgeatcanton.com/images/plans.jpg

I agree that the apartment maintenance staff needs to be checked. Where has it been published that she might have gone missing as early as 3:45?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased GA - Jorely Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011

here is the link to the post which talks about a local tv report with a mother who lives in the complex. She was in the park with her kids and when she left at 3:45, Jorely was still there with her little sisters. I do not know if there has been any other credible sightings after that time because the other one was from the babysitter I believe. And right now I am taking her statements with a big grain of salt.

From the press conference this morning and reported in several articles such as this:

"This was a very calculated and planned crime," Keenan said. Police did not give a time of death."

Does anybody have any knowledge or speculation about why the police would think this was a calculated and planned crime?

From my limited knowledge of how LE work, forensics and based on what has been released to the public, I suspect they found some things in the vacant apartment to lead LE to that conclusion. Any other thoughts?

Reference to bolded sentence above, that means someone knew when mom went to work and when this child was either left unattended or when her babysitter let her play outside. Joseph Duncan comes to mind. :furious:

How did they determine time of death?
Stomach contents maybe? That drink she went to get?

I found him a little odd, but mostly because it instantly reminded me of another suspect...

The woman on Nancy... who was holding the dog... (I think she was anyway) made me think too.
She herself said Jorelys loved animals. Does she have a male family member living with her or visiting?

Craig Gregerson's wife was interviewed before they found Destiny Norton's body in her house...
Craig also let the cops in to "look around" while Destiny's body was still in the house...

They didn't look through the apartments till about 10pm according to neighbors... the person had plenty of time to clean up.

He also reminds me of the law student they interviewed about his missing neighbor, a friend of his from law school. He was also very odd and they ended up arresting him for her murder.

No, it was just implied because the kids were outside while mom was inside asleep. And the mom said she had not seen her daughter since the night before. So it makes me think that mom slept in each afternoon and the babysitter was supposed to keep the kids busy outside while mom slept. Just my opinion.

Katydid, Please know I am not attacking you. I just question your assumption. If Jorelys was going home to get a drink, doesn't that imply that she was not forbidden to go into the apartment, but knew that Mom was sleeping so she needed to be quiet? For all we know the teenaged babysitter was in the apartment when she got home from school. We don't know that children were not "allowed" in the house.

The family lives in Georgia, people living in warmer climates often enjoy being outside. So it would be normal for the children to play outside after school. Not something that is forced.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2011/12/06/neighbor-speaks-out-missing-georgia-girl-found-dumpster
---video / article @ link--
Jorelys Rivera's neighbor speaks out

Nancy Grace speaks with neighbor of the late Jorelys Rivera

Thanks for posting that Lauriej. I was not able to find the link, so I really appreciate your post!

IMO there is definitely something strange about that guy. He keeps looking down the to the right while speaking. Never really makes eye contact.

I also find it odd that he answered the question "How far away was the dumpster?" so quickly. He said "400 yards" with no hesitation. I am a fairly smart/educated person, but I would not be able to estimate the distance that quickly.

Nope. The only thoughts I have are what you think, that they have evidence they have recovered from that empty unlocked apt that has allowed them to conclude that this was calculated and planned. Because if we look at just what little we know it doesn't look planned. KWIM? So there has to be something they have that they haven't told us about. JMHO

Katydid, Please know I am not attacking you. I just question your assumption. If Jorelys was going home to get a drink, doesn't that imply that she was not forbidden to go into the apartment, but knew that Mom was sleeping so she needed to be quiet? For all we know the teenaged babysitter was in the apartment when she got home from school. We don't know that children were not "allowed" in the house.

The family lives in Georgia, people living in warmer climates often enjoy being outside. So it would be normal for the children to play outside after school. Not something that is forced.

I did not say she was 'forbidden' from entering the apartment. But Mom says she did not even see her 7 yr old since the night before. So that tells me that the child did not go home after school and check in with mom. I am not trying to blame the mother, just wondering out loud if the kids were free to go inside and stay while mom was sleeping before work. And 5:30 is not that warm in December. And I think most 7 yr olds and 4 yr olds and 1 yr olds would be tired and want to be inside at that time. I got the feeling from the descriptions we read that the kids were expected to stay outside so mom could sleep. I could be wrong, which is why I said it was something I hoped was not true.

I did not say she was 'forbidden' from entering the apartment. But Mom says she did not even see her 7 yr old since the night before. So that tells me that the child did not go home after school and check in with mom. I am not trying to blame the mother, just wondering out loud if the kids were free to go inside and stay while mom was sleeping before work. And 5:30 is not that warm in December. And I think most 7 yr olds and 4 yr olds and 1 yr olds would be tired and want to be inside at that time. I got the feeling from the descriptions we read that the kids were expected to stay outside so mom could sleep. I could be wrong, which is why I said it was something I hoped was not true.

Thanks for the clarification! I get what you mean.

As for the temperature in Georgia at 5:30 this time of year, it might be fairly warm, but it IS getting dark. I live in North Carolina and it is now 5:00, it is close to 80 degrees, but it is getting dark quickly.

We don't really know if the other children on the playground were her siblings, but if it was, they should have been taken in the house at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc