GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought one of the articles stated that she was in te playground with her sister, the sister was cold and went in, leaving Jorley alone. I'll try to find the link.

Typical set up for a large apartment complex, cheaper than 3 or 4 yard dumpsters. So most owners would prefer it.

With the amount of waste in that box, and LE saying they had to remove it from the complex because it was so compacted (difficult to remove). I have to believe this is a compactor box set-up with a sliding slid, which they must have removed.

Monster Trash Compactor (Stowe Dump) - YouTube

The attached video will give you an idea of how a compactor box works, but would not be identical to the apartment set-up. Typically the box would have a top on it and a chute where people would throw their trash. The compactor is a locked unit which would need a key to be operated. Only the chute area would be accessible to the general public.

Have you ever seen the compactor boxes behind the grocery stores or in large malls?

Thank you. No, I have honestly never seen one of these. Looking at the video and reading what you described, I think our insurance rates would skyrocket with the possibility of injury. Especially to a small child. Refuse is usually part of rent or a monthly association fee for those who own and use dumpsters.

jmo

Also, let's not forget mom has at least temporarily lost custody of her other two. I think there's more to the lack of supervision than meets the eye. I also wonder how old this 'teenaged' sitter was. She may have been a very immature and overwhelmed 13 year old for all we know.

SNIPPED BY ME!!

From the talk I am hearing around here and from my mom (who worked with DFACS for years) there IS more to the story....

Not saying mom is involved just that there appears to be a history with DFACS.

I thought one of the articles stated that she was in te playground with her sister, the sister was cold and went in, leaving Jorley alone. I'll try to find the link.

I saw on facebook that another mother claimed it was her children that were cold and went inside... about 3:30pm. I don't want to link her here though. She also stated she saw JR Friday am and walked her to the bus with her son...
link to comments:
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...-in-dumpster&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13231280462121

Jorley's mother said she had not seen her since Thursday night.
Sounds to me like she didn't want the kids inside the apartment for some reason... wonder who was watching the 1 and 4 yr old all day???

I don't even want to think about how many of our precious missing are lying in garbage dumps somewhere. I wish there was some way all refuse could be tested for decomp. Like an alarm that would set off in the truck. I know, I know, wishful thinking but dumps, the water are burial grounds for so many gone missing by foul play...

I read in one of the articles that neighbors found the three yr old recently wandering around the complex alone recently... I will try and find the article and link it.

Here you go. :hug:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/new...fered-missing-girl-jorleys-rivera-20111205-es

Police tell FOX 5 that they have sent several Coke cans to the lab for tests. The cans were found behind building 7000 in the River Ridge Apartments. Police say the last time Jorelys’ babysitter saw her, the teen was grabbing drinks for her and her friends. Police are looking into the possibility that those Coke cans are those drinks the sitter was getting for her friends.

ETA: Other articles state Jorelys was the one to go get the drinks, not the sitter.

More conflicting news. With all this conflicting news, I really wonder if those cans were left there by someone else. either non related to the case, or someone weirdo who decided to leave them as some sick joke that they were related to the case.

I really can't see a teen babysitter just leaving two unopened cans and two cans to be found that easily when so many people were searching. Unless they were found almost immediately after Jorelys was reported missing but that part hasn't been reported.

I don't know whether to be furious with, or sad for, the "teenage babysitter". I know it isn't his/her fault there are evil people in the world, but how can you leave 3 young children completely unattended and just walk away? He/she is going to spend the rest of his/her life dealing with this on their conscience. Can you imagine? I don't know whether to scream or weep.

If it was only going to be a 2-3 minute round trip into the apt and back out to the playground, not only do many teens do that, so do many parents.

It's very very scary to think about how quickly this can happen.

I'm leaning towards the perp being someone 'familiar' to Jorelys. Someone she might have recognized from the complex that she felt she could trust because she has 'seen' them before.

It's really scary, because young children her age really DO instinctively 'trust' what they consider familiar surroundings or familiar people. When my son was 7 or so, he walked right out of the gas station doors while I was standing in line to pay. When I reprimanded him, he made some kind of comment like, Mom, we go here ALL the time. There are no bad guys here. It really took me back to reinforce bad guys can be anywhere.

Praying the person responsible is apprehended and charged quickly!

and JMO

Body of missing Canton girl, Jorelys Rivera, found in dumpster

{snip}

One River Ridge resident told 11Alive News' Jerry Carnes that investigators asked her questions about a teenage boy.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...-Canton-girl-Jorelys-Rivera-found-in-dumpster

I had already let my mind wonder to perhaps it was a teenage boy, maybe a friend of the babysitter or somebody with anger problems or maybe had a "crush" on Jorelys, even though she was only seven.

However you look at it, it is a tragedy, and one that probably could have been prevented.

I've been lurking in the background, and am so very sorry to hear this news. At this point, I feel sorry for the sitter. I can't tell you how many times I turned my back on my child at that age. He was certainly big enough to play outside without me hovering on his every move. I still have some reading to do upthread, but I wonder if someone was stalking this poor child.

MOO

Mel

Gulp, me too. My son is 9 and he plays outside with his friends in a group without my hovering over his every move. He has rules where he has to be in a certain place, tell me where he is going if he is not going to be playing at X place. There is a range of kids that play and some are 7.

It makes me wonder what this world is coming too. gosh, I remember being 10 and riding my bike with my friend for hours on a bike trail. We'd be home for lunch and than back out all afternoon for hours without cell phones....

I remember being about 7 and being allowed to walk to my best friends about 7-8 houses away. I had to cross the street twice to get to her house. I even remember the first time my mom let me stay past dark so we could watch the end of a movie together. I remember walking home alone and deciding to walk on the side of the street with houses, versus across the street next to the tennis courts which were on my side of the street.

Now, when the kids in the neighborhood stay over near our place and are allowed to stay past dark, usually when I have a bon fire, we walk each of them home and make sure they get in their home. Some of the 10-12 yr old boys seem to be a bit embarrased by it and walk fast so they can be ahead of us, but they are still only 20-30' in front of us at most and still in view. Hell, I don't even drop friends off as an adult without either being able to see them enter the front door, or if they use the back door telling them to flip the exterior light on and off so I know they made it inside ok.

What a sad day for Jorleys, her family and friends. Her classmates, teachers. My prayers go out to all of them.

Here's what the article says, from wsbtv.com
"Willis spoke with two children who were with Jorelys minutes before she disappeared.

"Her sister was playing with her but then, she went inside because she was cold so, Jorelys was out there by herself," said Marco Portillo. "

I don't even want to think about how many of our precious missing are lying in garbage dumps somewhere. I wish there was some way all refuse could be tested for decomp. Like an alarm that would set off in the truck. I know, I know, wishful thinking but dumps, the water are burial grounds for so many gone missing by foul play...

I've often thought the same, but never considered an alarm for human decomp in a dumpster or landfill. I don't know how they'd do that, but it would be nice if they could and at a reasonable cost.

:(

So sorry for this little one and sorry for the freedom all of our children have lost in this world.

Wonder how many kids who live in that complex are spending their nights somewhere else until this gets solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop