GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/ryan-brunn-arrested-jorelys-rivera-murder-lived-apartment/story?id=15105225

Ryan Brunn, 20, doesn't have a criminal history, investigators said, but Georgia Bureau of Investigation director Vernon Keenan told reporters, "We are confident that Brunn is the killer and that is why he is in custody."

"This investigation will continue on for several months," Keenan said today. "This is a mammoth case. We believe this horrendous crime was planned and calculated and we've recovered a lot of evidence that will require processing."

Prior to being arrested on murder charges today at 12:40 p.m., Brunn had been under surveillance since last night, Keenan said.

"We reached a point this afternoon where we had sufficient evidence to obtain arrest warrants for murder of the 7-year-old child," he said.

"The state crime lab has much evidence they are still processing," Keenan said. "They are updating us routinely."

I was on his FB earlier and it was his FB because I looked under his friends FB pages who had commented on his previous status post. Some of them were actually defending him. I copied two of the three pics before his FB was deleted, can someone tell me how to upload them to here. BTW his last status update he posted was Friday at 8:33 pm wherein he accepted 3 new friends. You kill a child then get on your FB and accept new friends, this guy is crazy!

The only thing that caught my eye is it sounds like C has vanished. The fact that Katy is going to air the story tonight - it sounds like there's at least something interesting to it.

From what I could tell, C works a 9-5 job at a marble plant. If that's the case, then he was probably cleared pretty quickly.

---thjat's the 'oak ridge body farm' , in tennessee..

I am pretty sure he said Blue Ridge, but it may have been what I wanted to hear since my son lives near there. Did you hear it? And if so did he say Oak Ridge? ty

I just did a search for Bllue Ridge and it is a town in GA. I am sure he was thanking the Blue Ridge police for their help. Wanted to clarify.

Can we please regroup with some facts? The thread got really muddied with somebody bringing in some information on another person who shares the same name.

Here is what we know:

Offender Details
Offender Name: RYAN MCCABE BRUNN
Offender ID: P00044116
Date of Birth: 07/29/1991
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender: Cherokee County Sheriff's Office

He had a very public page on Facebook that showed a Mother, three brothers and a sister. Sister and one brother seem older. The page is now gone. (but I have a copy).

LE have hard evidence to link him to the horrible rape and murder of a little 7-year old angel. This is likely matches on blood and sperm collected at the site.

He speaks both English and Spanish, according to his FB page.

He just started the job as a Grounds Keeper at the apartment complex in early November.

Prior to moving to Canton, he lived with his mother in Dahlonega, Georgia. He was there for at least the last year.

He also has ties to Fredricksburg, VA, which might be where he went to high school.

It is likely that he was born in NY and his mother's side of the family have ties to Brooklyn, Flushing and/or Queens.

He is a urban/wannabe who thinks it is OK to use the N word, though he appears to be white.

Mother does not have the same last name, indicating that she was never married or has since remarried. Possibly even a few times.

Anybody else have anything to add?

Can we please regroup with some facts? The thread got really muddied with somebody bringing in some information on another person who shares the same name.

Here is what we know:

Offender Details
Offender Name: RYAN MCCABE BRUNN
Offender ID: P00044116
Date of Birth: 07/29/1991
Race: White

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender: Cherokee County Sheriff's Office

He had a very public page on Facebook that showed a Mother, three brothers and a sister. Sister and one brother seem older. The page is now gone. (but I have a copy).

LE have hard evidence to link him to the horrible rape and murder of a little 7-year old angel. This is likely matches on blood and sperm collected at the site.

He speaks both English and Spanish, according to his FB page.

He just started the job as a Grounds Keeper at the apartment complex in early November.

Prior to moving to Canton, he lived with his mother in Dahlonega, Georgia. He was there for at least the last year.

He also has ties to Fredricksburg, VA, which might be where he went to high school.

It is likely that he was born in NY and his mother's side of the family have ties to Brooklyn, Flushing and/or Queens.

He is a urban/wannabe who thinks it is OK to use the N word, though he appears to be white.

Mother does not have the same last name, indicating that she was never married or has since remarried. Possibly even a few times.

Anybody else have anything to add?

I trust that LE are quite confident in their evidence against him and therefore....

He is a

Man, this April Renee has me scratching my head. She said Ryan was her BFF, and she's friends with 3 Buell brothers, Steve, Conner, and Sean.

The brothers don't appear on her friends list, as it's private, but she shows up on theirs.

Family friend? I get the impression that she may play a big part in this information wise (as to RB and the family dynamics).

Mel

I am not sure how much I will record tonight with regards to the coverage of Jorelys' story as it all depends on how the story is portrayed. Right now I must keep the family in mind and sensitive to where they are right now.

I saw mention on her pg, asking if she had kicked out C the one who is supposedly missing

Wrong person, not with a D but with an R - and that comment was Nov 24. I think it was a joke.

We need to be careful about posting people's info here. :innocent:

Link to Puerto Rico's Primera Hora Newspaper (translation below)

http://www.primerahora.com/padredejorelyspidelapenademuerteparaasesinodesuhija-589790.html

Jorelys’ Father asks for the death penalty for his daughter's assassin

Wednesday, 7 December 2011 03:17 p.m.
Bárbara J. Figueroa Rosa/ Primera Hora

The father of the Puerto Rican girl who was abused sexually, tortured and bludgeoned to death in Georgia, was satisfied with the capture with the assassin and demanded that the man, identified as Ryan Brunn, 20 years old, receive the death penalty.

“I am happy and grateful that he has been arrested. What that animal and monster did to my angel does not have forgiveness. Now what I ask is that just as he took my daughter’s life, that his life be taken from him also and let him be put to death”, said heartbroken Ricardo Galarza, father of the small Jorelys, just seven years of age.

Galarza learned the details of the arrest through Primera Hora since, as he explained, he has no access to Internet.

<modsnip>

Hand this over to Mr. Galarza and let it be done. I would hold nothing against him or any other male relatives of Jorelys. I'll pay for the flight to Puerto Rico personally!

I'm getting so sick of this happening to all these innocent children. Whether it is a stranger or a parent... it needs to stop! Penalties need to be a lot harsher when crimes are committed against innocent children.

My twins - who are only 3 months older than RB - call their friends the N word all the time. And they are white, their friends are a mix of black and mexican/spanish/PRican/Dominican/white/etc.. and their dad (step dad, but dad of their heart) is black. So, no. I think it's just who they hang out with. It's usually what's up my -N - sounds like chigga ... LOL

Ok..it's probably just a peer group thing. My boys are white and some of their friends are not..I can't imagine what those friends would think if they
heard one of my guys say that word. My 2nd oldest got married last year and his groomsmen were Jewish, Hindu and Muslim, 2 were Christian and the other one was the only Catholic and they were married in a Catholic church.
My great nephew is half white and I can't imagine anyone saying it to him, either. ^i^

Please review da rulez about FB and other social networks:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Well,I'll just pray and trust they have the right person.They do seem pretty confident.It just all happened so fast.There is not much I can do about it.I'll leave it in Gods hands.

The suspect has been assigned two public defenders and has a first court appearance Thursday at 1:30 p.m.

Keenan said Brunn lived at the River Ridge apartment complex where Jorelys lived and was killed, and had been a maintenance worker there. Tips from the public led investigators to Brunn, who was interviewed Monday and Tuesday, Keenan said.

Neighbor David Lott told the AJC Brunn was among those searching for Jorelys late Friday, just hours after she disappeared.

"Usually if someone's done something bad, they'd be nervous," Lott said Wednesday afternoon, just steps away from the playground. "He was just calm and collected."
http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/maintenance-man-20-arrested-1253596.html

eta: interviewed monday and tuesday fits with what the neighbor woman said fwiw

Ok..it's probably just a peer group thing. My boys are white and some of their friends are not..I can't imagine what those friends would think if they
heard one of my guys say that word. My 2nd oldest got married last year and his groomsmen were Jewish, Hindu and Muslim, 2 were Christian and the other one was the only Catholic and they were married in a Catholic church.
My great nephew is half white and I can't imagine anyone saying it to him, either. ^i^

I'm white. I grew up with mostly black people. I went to school in Harlem. I have 7 mixed (black and white) cousins. I would NEVER say the "N" word! It 's definitely something that a lot of younger people (of all races) say now?? I have no idea why??

Not to say that I don't cringe and give them that "Mother" look when they say it .. but I think it's just their circles.

I had to work until five today, but got a text from a friend when the arrest was announced. I let my co-workers know ASAP (this is at Wal Mart), and there were gasps, tears, lots of anger, but also lots of pride in LE for catching this monster. Even the customers were on their phones getting updates. Jorelys has touched so many people in our area, though I think "closure" won't come for a long, long time. It's just too terrible a case, what this child had to endure, and now we find out that it truly was an employee of the complex. Lack of supervision or not, something was going to happen, because I truly believe that this guy planned it. If not Jorelys, it would have been some other child. All it takes is a few seconds, a turned head... remember Adam Walsh. All my opinion. Jorelys, justice for you, peace for your loved ones. As for Brunn, well, I'd get a big old timeout for what I'd like to say to him. Again, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932