Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what someone on phone on HLN just said

This is not his first time, may have been his first time getting caught.

Could be. I think it's his first murder, though not his first pedophiliac sexual assault. Speculation that he's likely been molesting female children for a few years.

15 minutes until the suspect, Ryan Brunn's brother, speaks on HLN with Jane V. Mitchell.

I will paraphrase if anyone needs it...those who can't watch. Would be happy to do that.

Thanks! I have to PVR it and watch later.

Jane Valez Mitchell/ HLN speaking to Ryan Brunn's brother (Ryan Brunn is currently in police custody suspected of the brutal rape and murder of 7 year old Jorelys Rivera, who went missing from the playground area of her apartment complex and was later found in the garbage compactor of same complex after an extensive search by law enforcement):
JVM: Cops are confident that they have the right guy. Will speak to neighbor of the little victim and someone very close to the suspect's family.
Also talking about that creepy Sandusky guy.

First mentioning creepy Sandusky from Penn State. Yuck.

JVM: Murder of a precious 7 year old girl (footage now from the GBI presser today with other clips from the media).
Neighbor: Empty apartments on the bottom floor. Was commenting to the "suspect" on that and he said it would be very easy with all of the empty apartments to assault someone.
JVM: Suspect is 20 year's old. Accused of assaulting stabbing and killing the victim. Pretty little girl. Thrown away like trash in a dumpster. Suspect caught by cops was hiding in plain sight. More from today's presser as clips. He is a maintanence man at her complex. Recently moved there. Cops say he has no criminal record but they are looking into other places that he also lived before recently moving there.

JVM Show

Kelly K, lives in complex, was there at arrest:

-[to Kelly] appeared odd, very stand-offish, no eye contact w/her and also kept his head down when she waved to Ryan

JVM:

Kelly Knight - witnessed arrest of killer. Went outside, and hollered at him that she would like to shoot him herself. She said he hasn't been there very long, very odd, very stand off-ish, always had head down. She didn't see him very often, but when she did he was very strange.

Extreme relief in the complex about his arrest. People were yelling scum bucket, monster - that's really about all.

JVM now showing his FB page (gotta love it). No privacy there folks! My - she's showing individual posts too!

Good on ya JVM!!

Mel

JVM

-posted on FB that he was single and seeking women
-family moved to GA from NYC to escape some sort of problems
-no record according to LE

talking head calls him a sociopath.. no past: doesn't matter it has happened before SP on the phone (brother)

JVM: Kelly Knight (spelling), neighbor of Jorelys, what did you witness?
KN: Said she hollared at the suspect that she would like to shoot him herself. Said she saw the whole arrest go down. It was very surreal. She saw him a few times. Always had his head down wouldn't make eye contact. Didn't see him very often but when she did, he struck her/ his behavior struck her as strange. Everyone is relieved that he has been arrested. She heard other neighbors call him a scum bucket and a monster as the arrest was happening right outside her door.
JVM: His FB page was taken down about an hour ago. Most of the posts seem somewhat normally. In some though, he seems unhappy and bored. He posts he is single and seeking women. Isn't it bizarre that he has no criminal record, that his family left NY for some reason/ escaping something and that he would start a new job and do this?
Who is he...?
Brother: Steve Patrick: there is a sketchy phone connection. (She can't hear him and vice versus). He is going to have to call back for a better connection.
Ryan Brunn was adopted (according to his grandfather) and the grandfather hasn't talked to his mother (adopted mother nor any of the other children who are apparently adopted as well.

Any indication of whether they are biological brothers?

From this link:
http://www.11alive.com/news/article...ther-Murder-suspect-feared-unjustified-arrest

Connor Brunn is the brother of Ryan Brunn, suspect in the murder of 7 year old Jorelys Rivera. Both brothers are 20. They're not twins; their parents adopted them as infants. Until a few weeks ago, Ryan Brunn lived with his parents in Dahlonega. Connor Brunn still lives there. The suspect's brother talked with 11 Alive's Doug Richards shortly after Brunn's arrest.

Looks like they are not biological. HTH IMO

JVM: So all of the kids in Brunn's family (his sister and brothers were adopted). Their mother has had not had contact with her own father for about ten years. He doesn't know her adopted children.
Could they have already gotten the DNA back from the suspect?
Guest: Yes. Forensics are probably already back this quickly.

JVM says Ryan's GrandFather (GF) has said

-his daughter (Ryan's mother) hasn't spoken to him or that side of family for 10 yrs
-all [boys? children?] were adopted

JVM: how old were they when adopted? had they been in foster care? abused before?

This RB is very interesting to me. If he is indeed the perpetrator, for his age he is highly sophisticated and organized in certain respects. He managed an abduction in broad daylight without being noticed, secreted the victim to a preselected location, committed rape and murder right there at the scene within yards of numerous other people, and then disposed of the body under the noses of neighbors, and perhaps even LE, then turned up within hours to help with the search acting as if nothing at all was amiss. That points to a very organized and sophisticated killer. I wouldn't expect to see that in a 20 year old young man with no criminal history and seemingly normal previous life.

If GBI indeed has a large body of evidence linking RB to this crime, I think that while he was organized and sophisticated he was also inexperienced in completely covering his tracks. I think this was his first crime of this magnitude and if he really is the right suspect he is an incredibly and awesomely dangerous person. One of the most dangerous I've come across in a while. This is the material that the Ted Bundys and Jeffrey Dahmers are made of, and with a little more experience RB (if he really is the guy) could have gotten away with this kind of thing for years, if not decades.

I'd love to interview him from a forensic perspective. Pure sociopaths do not come along very often (thank God). They should be studied from every angle.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...nce-worker-arrested-in-Jorelys-Riveras-murder

CB said he had spoken with his brother since Jorelys Rivera's death. He said Ryan was nervous and scared, because he feared he may be a suspect. "He's been very scared," CB said of his brother. "He's never been to jail. He's never been in the back of a cop car. He's just a good kid."

According to CB, Ryan Brunn was asked to take part in the search for Jorelys.

"He told me that he wouldn't touch a girl like that. He wouldn't do something like that," CB said.

"This is so stupid. I don't know what to say," CB said.

Well, well,....methinks..he hasn't been "scared" yet..general population comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc