GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC the coke cans were pointed out to responding LE and that is one area of discussion. Why did they not think it was a kidnapping right away?

I don't think we know that they didn't. This made the local news pretty quickly with a big show of LE that night. I'd think they were persuing all avenues, child wandered off, kidnapping, child hurt in the woods, etc. That being said, I don't know that they'd bring in cadaver dogs at the 12 hour mark. :dunno:

I don't think we know that they didn't. This made the local news pretty quickly with a big show of LE that night. I'd think they were persuing all avenues, child wandered off, kidnapping, child hurt in the woods, etc. That being said, I don't know that they'd bring in cadaver dogs at the 12 hour mark. :dunno:

This is just an observation, and not an argument, but what are we talking a two hour delay? I don't see that it would have made a difference as they did not find her for 3 days anyway. What could they have done in earlier hours that they did not do in those 3 days? jmo

As reported by the Canton-GA Patch - Update 3:18 p.m. Saturday
The search for 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera, who was last seen around 5 p.m. Friday at the River Ridge apartment complex, has been upgraded from a missing person and search operation to a possible child abduction case, Canton Police spokeswoman Candy Worthy said this afternoon.

I guess legally police have to follow protocols.

It is estimated that Jorely Rivera's time of death is between 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours after her abduction. He had over 48 to hide the dead body's odor. He had time to disinfect and clean up. I'm not exactly sure when the cadaver dogs arrived on the scene. If anything the case might run into a problem with is the fact that Ryan Brunn had so much time to clean up. One reason serial killers get a away with murder is that they usually clean up. No disrespect to Jorelys loss of life. She is completely innocent. God rest her soul.

I don't think he did a Cindy Anthony Clean-Up. I think he did a throw out the victim and the tarp, and take a shower all before 7 pm clean up. The GBI director said something like "mountains of evidence." Moo. :seeya:

ETA: I don't think we know cadaver dogs were out there. I'm pretty sure the dogs we saw Saturday were SAR. We also don't know that if cadaver dogs were called out, that they may have indicated the big dumpster on Sunday, hence the call to Waste Management to open the dumpster, and their making a point of moving it to the field ... perhaps because they didn't need the residents to see what they were pretty sure they'd find. Just a thought...

I don't think he did a Cindy Anthony Clean-Up. I think he did a throw out the victim and the tarp, and take a shower all before 7 pm clean up. The GBI director said something like "mountains of evidence." Moo. :seeya:

:eek: Makes me think of CSI type movies where the perp has dozens of news paper clippings and photos of his past victims taped all over the room.

Thank you and that is what I thought I had seen. I had not seen anywhere that LE had been called. ty

I am still unsure because I worked at an elementary school for years, and anytime a parent called to say a child never got off the bus, we called LE immediately.

I hope you are right! Hopefully. This Ryan Brunn guy seems to be pretty sure of himself. By passing out fliers of the victim during the search is very arrogant behavior. Hanging around the complex, when you know you're guilty.

how do we know they failed? how do we know exactly where and when they were used? how do we know at this point exactly where and how she was grabbed?

I hesitate to say they failed until I see more info myself:twocents: they caught their killer quickly.. so I am sure there is a lot we do not know... :twocents: about the investigation at this point

I am sure we will get all the details after the grand jury meets and an indictment comes down along with preliminary hearing (aka probable cause hearing)

http://www.ncids.org/Def Manual Info/Defender_Manual/DefManChpt03.pdf

The dogs failed imo because they didn't go directly to the vacant apartment from the playground where she was last seen.

I read the K9s and a helicopter was used in the search.

Once the dogs are given an article belonging to the missing person and have her scent, they should have gone from the playground to the vacant apartment where she was murdered. If they had, LE would have found the crime scene sooner.

Some canine owners who appeared on NG said the dogs can pick up a person's scent and trail months after they've disappeared.

This is just an observation, and not an argument, but what are we talking a two hour delay? I don't see that it would have made a difference as they did not find her for 3 days anyway. What could they have done in earlier hours that they did not do in those 3 days? jmo

Agreed. I also think the poor thing was already dead and in the dumpster before the first officer responded. I guess if they'd found her sooner, perhaps evidence would be fresher? IDK, sounds like they feel they have plenty of evidence to me.

And if any of the evidence is RB's blood, semen and/or fingerprints on Jorelys, or what she was wrapped in, or any of Jorelys, blood, hair, anything in his apartment, in his car, on his clothes, the weapon they can tie to him ... I don't think what the Canton Police checked or didn't check the first hours they were there is really going to help RB's defense.

If Ryan Brunn is that type of perp, then that thought would make this killer a big catch for the police.

The dogs failed imo because they didn't go directly to the vacant apartment from the playground where she was last seen.

Once the dogs are given an article belonging to the missing person and have her scent, they should have gone from the playground to the vacant apartment where she was murdered. If they had, LE would have found the crime scene sooner.

Some canine owners who appeared on NG said the dogs can pick up a person's scent and trail months after they've disappeared.

I have seen enough of these shows to know that certain dogs are trained to hit on certain scents. Not all dogs hit on cadavars I don't think. Only live bodies. So I think it depends upon what training and what kind of dogs were on scene. Some one jump in and correct me if I am wrong. tia

Agreed. I also think the poor thing was already dead and in the dumpster before the first officer responded. I guess if they'd found her sooner, perhaps evidence would be fresher? IDK, sounds like they feel they have plenty of evidence to me.

And if any of the evidence is RB's blood, semen and/or fingerprints on Jorelys, or what she was wrapped in, or any of Jorelys, blood, hair, anything in his apartment, in his car, on his clothes, the weapon they can tie to him ... I don't think what the Canton Police checked or didn't check the first hours they were there is really going to help RB's defense.

Would it help the mother's if she chose to sue?

But in this case the child's scent was literally ALL OVER that complex. She apparently played around outside in that area every single day, and sat in the park, and would have made the trek to her apt. and back hundreds of times. So, imo, that would have made it very hard for the dog to sniff out one single scent trail to follow.

Sue who? And why?

I have a friend who is a property manager and she told me that attorney's put notices on people's doors or in the mail area when there is a rape, murder, or assault in the apartments advising them of their right of protection. They may not win but they try. And you can be sure that is happening right now at these apartments, and I think you can be sure these people will sue and not just JR's mother.

I hope you are right! Hopefully. This Ryan Brunn guy seems to be pretty sure of himself. By passing out fliers of the victim during the search is very arrogant behavior. Hanging around the complex, when you know you're guilty.

What was Ryan's roommate doing when Ryan & the neighbors were passing out flyers? Where was the manager of the complex (Ryan's roommate's mother) when the whole community was searching?

We've heard from the management company that financed River Ridge, but what about the actual Manager of the complex?

We've read on apt review sites that prior to March 2011 a dead body was found in a dumpster at this complex . . . gotta find those corresponding police reports!

IMHO not so sure he thinks he is guilty or that sure of himself

Sue who? And why?

The police for not doing more the first few hours. As far as entering EVERY empty apartment. I agree it might not have saved her BUT he might have been caught with evidence on him.
I'm not saying she will, but it has crossed my mind.

I'm not sure who the mother would file a law suit against. The police, I feel did everything in their power to help out. The apartment complex keys were in the hands of the perp, and they employed the guy. She could file a civil suit against the accused.

What was Ryan's roommate doing when Ryan & the neighbors were passing out flyers? Where was the manager of the complex (Ryan's roommate's mother) when the whole community was searching?

We've heard from the management company that financed River Ridge, but what about the actual Manager of the complex?

We've read on apt review sites that prior to March 2011 a dead body was found in a dumpster at this complex . . . gotta find those corresponding police reports!IMHO not so sure he thinks he is guilty or that sure of himself

I hope you can find those. That really interests me and could be a show stopper if true. I don't know where to begin to look. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298