GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had any dealings with them...Bartow, Cobb and Cherokee County yes, but not Canton Police.
So I won't fault them YET, the thought just crossed my mind-
I wonder if prior calls were just from this school year.
Do Canton schools have public Kindergarten? ETA:DUH Cherokee County schools!
Pre K?

They have K-12 and the following Pre K providers. http://cherokeefocus.org/Originals/Pre-K Providers.pdf

:seeya: Is there anything you can elaborate more on why? The only thing I can think of is why they didn't get a court order if they had to for the company to open the fricken dumpster. Not sure, if there was any real damage to the case by the wait though. Hindsight is always 20/20 & lessons to be learned, but that's the only obvious one I can see. Anyone?

ETA Sorry, cross-posting ~ Thanks for the above response.

I don't think damage to case is the right word...lack of finding her soon enough or catching him in the act of disposal is the rumor. IDK for sure...but it is being discussed by quite a few people in the city offices.

I've never had any dealings with them...Bartow, Cobb and Cherokee County yes, but not Canton Police.
So I won't fault them YET, the thought just crossed my mind-
I wonder if prior calls were just from this school year.
Do Canton schools have public Kindergarten? ETA:DUH Cherokee County schools!
Pre K?

I believe the reports said that the calls about a missing Jorelys have been spread out over the last year. And yes, as part of Cherokee County School district, Canton schools have required Kindergarten, which she would have been in last year at the same school she attended this year. :seeya:

ETA:Lol, I just now noticed your ETA. ;)

They have K-12 and the following Pre K providers. http://cherokeefocus.org/Originals/Pre-K Providers.pdf

Thanks! So this could go back to 2010 even.

I'm not faulting mom here. I was just wondering if JR rode a bus to school last year in Kindergarten as well.
I was wondering how DFCS could have signed off on a case if this all began during this school year. They are only 5 months into the year so far.

So SAD! God bless you sweet Jorelys!

I feel kind of bad for the cops on this one though. If they had been sent out to look for this same girl 2 or 3 times previously, and she was always found hiding out at a friends house, I can see why they were asking the mom where she usually plays and who she plays with. Apparently they felt that she was not being helpful or informative enough. So I could see how the whole thing might have broken down from the start. And it must kill them now to think she might have been hidden away in a vacant apt. while they were arguing with mom about where she was playing that day. :mad:

I did not know they had been sent out 2 or 3 times. I also did not know they had argued with the mom about where she was playing. Where was this reported. I would like to read it. Thanks.

Yeah...but what if this baby was still being assaulted or was disposed of after the police were called...and their lack of thinking kidnapping failed to find her/catch him disposing of her. That would be bad. Review the press conference and look at the body language and facial expressions on the Sherriff and GBI agents while the Chief is speaking. Interesting.

I thought they had established a TOD that was before LE was even called?

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/12/07/jorelys-rivera-authorities-search-for-murderer/

Now, to further confuse this issue, the reports on Jorelys’s disappearance state she was last seen around 5 p.m. on Friday. However, the 911 call was not made until 7:12 pm.

The medical examiner’s office has stated they believe Jorelys died within 60 to 90 minutes after being abducted.

I don't think damage to case is the right word...lack of finding her soon enough or catching him in the act of disposal is the rumor. IDK for sure...but it is being discussed by quite a few people in the city offices.

IDK. The police weren't even called until 7:30, I thought, and the ME estimates she died about 1 to 1 1/2 hours after she was last seen alive at 5:00 pm. I have a feeling she was already in the dumpster by the time the first cop got there.

Also, the dog I saw in pictures (from Saturday, I believe--I think he's in Amanda's picture file toward the beginning), I think he was a search and rescue dog. If he's SAR, He'd be sniffing for a live Jorelys, right? When did they find the Coke cans? I wonder if the SAR dog (if that's what he was) lead them to those? :waitasec:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...-GA-/?action=view&current=120311search-21.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...GA-/?action=view&current=120411bloodhound.jpg

I have not seen anywhere that the witness has specified the time of this sighting. All I have seen is "night" and flashlight which indicates sometime after sunset. Sorry, wish I had more to offer.

I wondered if the tenant meant "in the middle of the night" like 3 am or during the evening between the hours of 7-10 pm. If Ryan was out there at 3 am, that is definitely hinky.

I did not know they had been sent out 2 or 3 times. I also did not know they had argued with the mom about where she was playing. Where was this reported. I would like to read it. Thanks.

I will go back and try to find the links for those sources. I have read the reports of both of those things in msm articles though. BRB

Documents from the Division of Family and Children Services reveal that the mother, identified by a family attorney as Joselinne Rivera, was investigated several months ago for improper supervision of the children.

On at least two occasions, Jorelys was temporarily missing after school and found at a neighbor's house. School officials and her mother disagreed over whether the mother had been present to greet her daughter as she got off the school bus. On one of those occasions, Jorelys later told school officials her mother had been “too sick” to get her at the stop.

Then, in February, Jorelys once again had no one to meet her at the bus stop, and the driver took her back to the school, according to the report. The incident prompted someone from her school to contact DFCS.

A case manager who visited the home found no signs of abuse and a safety plan was written.

The report also reveals that after Jorelys vanished, police were frustrated because no one in the home could tell them much about her playmates or where she played.

When the case manager arrived Saturday to see the other children and examine the apartment, neighbors volunteered concerns that the children regularly went unsupervised. DFCS subsequently decided to temporarily remove the two younger girls, a separation that lasted until Thursday's hearing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/ryan-brunns-tra ... 55081.html

I wondered if the tenant meant "in the middle of the night" like 3 am or during the evening between the hours of 7-10 pm. If Ryan was out there at 3 am, that is definitely hinky.

He was walking home from work. I am thinking either 10 or midnight. I can go back and check. brb

It is estimated that Jorely Rivera's time of death is between 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours after her abduction. He had over 48 to hide the dead body's odor. He had time to disinfect and clean up. I'm not exactly sure when the cadaver dogs arrived on the scene. If anything the case might run into a problem with is the fact that Ryan Brunn had so much time to clean up. One reason serial killers get a away with murder is that they usually clean up. No disrespect to Jorelys loss of life. She is completely innocent. God rest her soul.

IDK. The police weren't even called until 7:30, I thought, and the ME estimates she died about 1 to 1 1/2 hours after she was last seen alive at 5:00 pm. I have a feeling she was already in the dumpster by the time the first cop got there.

Also, the dog I saw in pictures (from Saturday, I believe--I think he's in Amanda's picture file toward the beginning), I think he was a search and rescue dog. If he's SAR, He'd be sniffing for a live Jorelys, right? When did they find the Coke cans? I wonder if the SAR dog (if that's what he was) lead them to those? :waitasec:

IIRC the coke cans were pointed out to responding LE and that is one area of discussion. Why did they not think it was a kidnapping right away?

It is estimated that Jorely Rivera's time of death is between 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours after her abduction. He had over 48 to hide the dead body's odor. He had time to disinfect and clean up. I'm not exactly sure when the cadaver dogs arrived on the scene. If anything the case might run into a problem with is the fact that Ryan Brunn had so much time to clean up. One reason serial killers get a away with murder is that they usually clean up. No disrespect to Jorelys loss of life. She is completely innocent. God rest her soul.

This is one of the things discussed...we will see (MOO) as the case goes on if the speculations/rumors are true..that initial responders did not look at it as a kidnapping and failed to investigate accordingly. I believe that the CCSD and the GBI were circumspect in all their efforts. City of Canton PD...notso much.

What would LE look at it as?They arrive at the home and a child is missing. A child. She didn't walk away, she didn't drive away. I thought LE always looked at missing children as kidnap victimes.:waitasec:

I have not seen anywhere that the witness has specified the time of this sighting. All I have seen is "night" and flashlight which indicates sometime after sunset. Sorry, wish I had more to offer.

I am not familiar with GA legal procedure (if I am honest I am barely somewhat familiar with own home states processes). Hopefully one of our verified's is watching this case. If not you may want to put your question over in one of the verified lawyer Q & A threads.

I too find that curious. Some states automatically handle the question of bond and set it for hearing before a judge as a matter of course. Maybe some require a motion requesting a bond hearing. IDK.

I don't think bond is gonna happen though. Not with the heinous nature of the crime.

BBM

Me neither. RB would have to post 10% of the bond amount which will be stiff. I don't think he or his family members can afford to bond him out so it looks like Ryan will have to sit in jail for several years waiting for the trial to begin.

Ryan may never spend another day of his life out of custody.

What would LE look at it as?They arrive at the home and a child is missing. A child. She didn't walk away, she didn't drive away. I thought LE always looked at missing children as kidnap victimes.:waitasec:

But there are many many times that the child is found safely at a park or a friends house. And there were 2 or 3 documented recent incidents where Jorelys went to a friends house after school and did not return home. Mom called the school each time and they found her at her friends house. So I can easily see that they thought it was going to happen that way again. And they probably were a bit irritated at mom for not keeping an eye on her after so many incidents. Cops are human, and they see ugly things happen to kids. So they get very upset when they think parents are being neglectful. imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298