GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is a road surveyor in Texas. He's been out in a field surveying when a whole family of wild hogs came upon him. THEN it would have been nice for him to have a gun! lol

I, too, am afraid I'd shoot myself rather than a person (although I slept with a .357 beside my bed when I was young and single in Memfus).

Really need to get a huge can of mace, pepper spray, whatever (and before I do, I need to figure out if there's a difference in the two).

Guns around kids scare me. I've had several friends shot with "unloaded" guns, and it seems the more you do to keep something out of the hands of kids, the more determined they are to get their hands on it.

So pepper spray, baseball bat, bigger dawg it is for me (and I hope for anyone with kids as well).

A can of wasp spray. You can leave it sitting out - no one will pay attention. Stuff shoots up to 12 feet and is quite nasty iffen you get "sprayed with it anywhere - much less in the eyes!"

I have a Louisville Slugger that's never hit a ball - still brand new - got it sometime around in the late 80's I think. That sits right next to me.

A can of wasp spray. You can leave it sitting out - no one will pay attention. Stuff shoots up to 12 feet and is quite nasty iffen you get "sprayed with it anywhere - much less in the eyes!"

I have a Louisville Slugger that's never hit a ball - still brand new - got it sometime around in the late 80's I think. That sits right next to me.

Both great ideas. And living in Texas there is always a can of wasp or bug spray close by. ty

Wow! I can't believe they are having a public viewing. Is this right? Someone will surely snap a photo. :(

My crazy theory is that the roommate was involved and flipped on RB. I have nothing to support that-- it's just an idea.

It would explain why he's gone and there's no BOLO, why his mom hasn't been heard from, and why RB was arrested so quickly and with such confidence.

Again, my own opinion.

I don't think he was involved, but I think he had some incriminating things to say or to give to them. I think he might be one of the people who lied and said they were at Wal-mart as an alibi. But I don't think those who lied for him believed he was guilty. Sometimes people lie and give alibis when they 'know' that someone is innocent, but are afraid they will be suspected.

I think he did cooperate with LE and maybe told them what he saw that afternoon when he got home from work.

I am not familiar with GA legal procedure (if I am honest I am barely somewhat familiar with own home states processes). Hopefully one of our verified's is watching this case. If not you may want to put your question over in one of the verified lawyer Q & A threads.

I too find that curious. Some states automatically handle the question of bond and set it for hearing before a judge as a matter of course. Maybe some require a motion requesting a bond hearing. IDK.

I don't think bond is gonna happen though. Not with the heinous nature of the crime.

Mary Phagan was a huge case that happened in Georgia, but decades ago. According to a book I read about true crime, the level of public involvement and passion in that case was unbelievable, even almost 100 years later. Tens of thousands of people were outside the court room every day of the trial, and a mob ended up lynching her convicted killer.

Some other horrific cases I could find involving children in Georgia were:

Katie Lancaster: (Age 5, 1984) Katie and her mother, Pam Sikes, were kidnapped from their home and murdered by their neighbor.

Amy Holman: (Age 11, 1987) Amy was kidnapped while roller skating on her street. Her killer was an ex-police officer.

Lisa Ann Millican: (Age 13, 1982) Lisa was kidnapped by a couple from a mall, was sexually abused for three days, before being murdered.

Christopher Barrios, Jr.: (Age 6, 2007) Christopher was kidnapped while outside in his neighborhood, and was murdered by three people.

Haley Hardwick: (7 months, 1992): Haley's father claimed that she was kidnapped from his truck, but he was the one who murdered her.

O/T, but, my husband died in an accident a few years ago, and, while the funeral home did really amazing work, he was not fit for an open casket viewing.

It's possible they are having a visitation, with a closed casket, where people simply pop in and spend a few minutes giving condolences to the family.

I am not familiar with GA legal procedure (if I am honest I am barely somewhat familiar with own home states processes). Hopefully one of our verified's is watching this case. If not you may want to put your question over in one of the verified lawyer Q & A threads.

I too find that curious. Some states automatically handle the question of bond and set it for hearing before a judge as a matter of course. Maybe some require a motion requesting a bond hearing. IDK.

I don't think bond is gonna happen though. Not with the heinous nature of the crime.

I can't believe the attorney's would even ask. But, I know they have to do what they believe to be best for their client. And I sure don't want there to be a way they could say his rights were violated. jmo

I don't think RB's attorneys actually think bond will be granted but I think they must give it an attempt in order to fully represent their client with the vigor they are charged. MOO

Honestly, since Wayne Williams, I don't remember anything that even comes close to this nightmare. Am I forgetting someone, GA peeps?

I vaguely remember a case where a couple abducted and tortured a girl, raping her with a hot curling iron among other things, and finally shot her up with draino and killed her.

I don't remember anything else about the case. That's much MUCH more than enough.

That was Lisa Millikin - after seeing the post above. She was grabbed at a mall and was 13.

I can't believe the attorney's would even ask. But, I know they have to do what they believe to be best for their client. And I sure don't want there to be a way they could say his rights were violated. jmo

Because they believe his is innocent
Because he has no prior history of violence or crime
Because he is not considered a flight risk

reasons why they would ask for bail

I believe another reason it may take a while for a bond hearing is the case will not be presented to the Grand Jury until Jan 2012. That is when he will be formally charged of (most likely) all crimes.

"This a time for grieving together and showing solidarity, said Dr. Aquiles Martinez, of the Mi Familia Center in Canton. "It is a time to encourage our community to come together to heal and prevent this from happening again, and we will seek to provide ongoing education to the community on how to safeguard and protect their children from predators now and in the future."
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16221512/community-vigil-for-jorelys-rivera

**jmhoo.. but the viewing could be "closed casket"...

My crazy theory is that the roommate was involved and flipped on RB. I have nothing to support that-- it's just an idea.

It would explain why he's gone and there's no BOLO, why his mom hasn't been heard from, and why RB was arrested so quickly and with such confidence.

Again, my own opinion.

I think if the roommate was involved then there would be an all out manhunt for the guy.

I'm not aware of LE even looking for the guy meaning they must know where he is or they don't care.

Just sleuthing around more on FB and A LOT of his friends are still convinced he would NEVER do such a thing. What a sad day for all of them if/when everything comes out. :(

One guy said a sex offender lived right above her. And there were 5 other people who had the keys.

I haven't seen anyone from his past say he was creepy or they could see him doing this. All that he was very polite and a kind person. WHAT HAPPENED?

Other comments were the roommate is a prime witness.

I think LE told thie roommate look dude we have evidence that says your roommate (RB) is a killer AND your apartment is now part of a crime scene.

So don't go back.

"Yes sir"

Wow! I can't believe they are having a public viewing. Is this right? Someone will surely snap a photo. :(

I was reading some post on FB about the viewing and how it is an open casket.

**Public Viewing** Darby Huey Funeral Home, Canton, GA - Friday December 9, 2011 5:00pm - 8:00pm. **Candle Vigil**- Heritage Park Canton, GA - Friday, December 9, 2011, 6:00pm-9:00pm **Public Funeral** First Baptist Church, Canton, GA - Saturday, December 10, 2011, 2:00pm **Burial in Puerto Rico**

The poster said the make up was done well and she looked like a sleeping angel. There was someone by the casket making sure no one took pictures.

As a parent, I couldn't have strangers looking, but I understand it was their wish.

ALL MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members