GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading some post on FB about the viewing and how it is an open casket.

**Public Viewing** Darby Huey Funeral Home, Canton, GA - Friday December 9, 2011 5:00pm - 8:00pm. **Candle Vigil**- Heritage Park Canton, GA - Friday, December 9, 2011, 6:00pm-9:00pm **Public Funeral** First Baptist Church, Canton, GA - Saturday, December 10, 2011, 2:00pm **Burial in Puerto Rico**

The poster said the make up was done well and she looked like a sleeping angel. There was someone by the casket making sure no one took pictures.

As a parent, I couldn't have strangers looking, but I understand it was their wish.

ALL MOO

Mel

Is this is a big part of the Hispanic culture? I couldn't even IMAGINE??? :(

If the body wasn't in a trash bag (concealed), how did the perp move her from the apt to the trash bin and how come the K9 dogs didn't pick up her scent at the dumpster?

Very good question.I want to know this too.I feel strongly they should always bring out cadaver dogs with the scent dogs right away because if she was in that dumpster when LE first checked they would have found her sooner.Unless she was put in the dumpster after police checked.But how with police around?

Was there any report stating where the dogs went after they picked up Jorleys' scent?

The dogs should have immediately gone to the vacant apartment and possibly Ryan's and eventually the trash bin but they didn't find anything!!!

Since the crime and disposal of the body occurred at the complex in such a confined area, it should have been an easy assignment for trained K9 dogs to perform imo and yet they failed miserably. Wierd

Is anyone else having issues with the form today? My tabs are all out of alignment like it is off center and I have to fix it, center it, each time I read a page of the thread. Is it just me?

Ryan Brunn had 48 hours to clean. God forbid he cleaned. It makes me nervous to think of him covering his tracks. This guy must be brought down for what he had done.

Was there any report stating where the dogs went after they picked up Jorleys' scent?

The dogs should have immediately gone to the vacant apartment and possibly Ryan's and eventually the trash bin but they didn't find anything!!!

Since the crime and disposal of the body occurred at the complex in such a confined area, it should have been an easy assignment for trained K9 dogs to perform imo and yet they failed miserably. Wierd

how do we know they failed? how do we know exactly where and when they were used? how do we know at this point exactly where and how she was grabbed?

I hesitate to say they failed until I see more info myself:twocents: they caught their killer quickly.. so I am sure there is a lot we do not know... :twocents: about the investigation at this point

I am sure we will get all the details after the grand jury meets and an indictment comes down along with preliminary hearing (aka probable cause hearing)

http://www.ncids.org/Def Manual Info/Defender_Manual/DefManChpt03.pdf

IDK but I have heard rumors in political circles in the city of Canton that the local PD botched the initial investigation.

IDK but I have heard rumors in political circles in the town of Canton that the local PD botched the initial investigation.

But did the GBI or someone come in and save it, I hope?

Bluesky not sure where you are coming from the dogs "failed miserably"? What specific kind of dogs are you talking about? I don't remember reading anything about dogs, what kind of dogs or what any dogs found or did not find. Although I would be surprised if there were no dogs, are there any links to find about dogs in this case? Can someone please help me out here?

IDK but I have heard rumors in political circles in the city of Canton that the local PD botched the initial investigation.

Boy who cried wolf? type of scenario?
They had been called twice before... and JR was at another apartment.
They may have assumed this was a repeat.
Never assume anything... :innocent:RIGHT?

jorelys.jpg

Rest In Peace Angel

Boy who cried wolf? type of scenario?
They had been called twice before... and JR was at another apartment.
They may have assumed this was a repeat.
Never assume anything... :innocent:RIGHT?

I am biased. I have had dealings with the City of Canton PD...as a witness to an assault with a vehicle. They arrested the victim for cursing at the driver and said she caused the assault. (disorderly conduct) Arrested her after she had an MRI showing damage from the assault. Pfft. I saw it..and four others did too. They did not listen. However, these rumors are coming from people in the county commission...that perhaps the responding LE was unsure if it was an actual kidnapping and did not search the vacant apts. Unbelievable, if true.

But did the GBI or someone come in and save it, I hope?

Yeah...but what if this baby was still being assaulted or was disposed of after the police were called...and their lack of thinking kidnapping failed to find her/catch him disposing of her. That would be bad. Review the press conference and look at the body language and facial expressions on the Sherriff and GBI agents while the Chief is speaking. Interesting.

:seeya: Is there anything you can elaborate more on why? The only thing I can think of is why they didn't get a court order if they had to for the company to open the fricken dumpster. Not sure, if there was any real damage to the case by the wait though. Hindsight is always 20/20 & lessons to be learned, but that's the only obvious one I can see. Anyone?

ETA Sorry, cross-posting ~ Thanks for the above response.

how do we know they failed? how do we know exactly where and when they were used? how do we know at this point exactly where and how she was grabbed?

I hesitate to say they failed until I see more info myself:twocents: they caught their killer quickly.. so I am sure there is a lot we do not know... :twocents: about the investigation at this point

I am sure we will get all the details after the grand jury meets and an indictment comes down along with preliminary hearing (aka probable cause hearing)

http://www.ncids.org/Def Manual Info/Defender_Manual/DefManChpt03.pdf

We don't know they failed, therefore there is NO need to say they failed.
imo
I've read high and low and no article I've come across said the scent dogs failed.
I agree about the GJ meeting and information possibly coming out then.

I saw that posted on FB by one of the brothers friends. But have not heard any talk since. I would think if that was flying around some reporter would have jumped on it. Course they may be waiting to bring out the dirt until after JR's funeral. Don't know.

I am biased. I have had dealings with the City of Canton PD...as a witness to an assault with a vehicle. They arrested the victim for cursing at the driver and said she caused the assault. (disorderly conduct) Arrested her after she had an MRI showing damage from the assault. Pfft. I saw it..and four others did too. They did not listen. However, these rumors are coming from people in the county commission...that perhaps the responding LE was unsure if it was an actual kidnapping and did not search the vacant apts. Unbelievable, if true.

I feel kind of bad for the cops on this one though. If they had been sent out to look for this same girl 2 or 3 times previously, and she was always found hiding out at a friends house, I can see why they were asking the mom where she usually plays and who she plays with. Apparently they felt that she was not being helpful or informative enough. So I could see how the whole thing might have broken down from the start. And it must kill them now to think she might have been hidden away in a vacant apt. while they were arguing with mom about where she was playing that day. :mad:

I've never had any dealings with them...Bartow, Cobb and Cherokee County yes, but not Canton Police.
So I won't fault them YET, the thought just crossed my mind-
I wonder if prior calls were just from this school year.
Do Canton schools have public Kindergarten? ETA:DUH Cherokee County schools!
Pre K?

Consider that her scent is likely all over the place, hundreds of "tracks" leading everywhere. I'm no dog expert or course, but it seems like a tricky problem to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298