GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one home now and one on the way home, still undecided...weather we attend or not, they have been very aware of the community care for sure. Both ELE and MS have been asking kids to wear pink and bring in donations for the fund set up by bank...we have huge flashing electronic traffic signs on the road directing traffic for shuttle parking and announcing her vigil and service times. It would be impossible for anyone in this community to be unaware. I guess at this point I am waiting to see what both kids say and hear my husband's opinion as well.

What time does the vigil begin?

Blood also smells of decomp. So I would think the mattress, etc. would be putting out an odor. jmo

The smell attracts insects but they need something to lay their eggs in.

I don't think that decomp. would have been all that great given the short time frame. I have a feeling that RB most likely used plastic to wrap JR in.

I feel sick thinking of all these possibilities. It's bad enough for a child to die nevermind this way.

What time does the vigil begin?

The vigil starts at 6pm tonight in a local park that is behind a local shopping center..thousands are expected. It is a huge park that has a mile long walking trail with open field inside the trail. There is also a public viewing at the funeral home that I believe starts at 5pm, and a public service at the funeral home tomorrow.

I am thinking RB used garbage bags or plastic tarp easily bought at any DIY store used to throw down by contractors and maintenance men when embarking on some messing job.

The fact they haven't really been specific about the plastic ties, or what the body may have been concealed within is telling to me.

GBI has said they will hold the details of this crime close to the vest so as not to taint the jury pool and risk weakening their case. I think this is wise. But I think we can also learn much from what IS being protected (not discussed or disclosed).

Discussing the manner of how the body was left, without going into details of the specific wounds or when they were administered (post or premortem) would not seem to be too inflammatory.

So MOO about why the information about what was used to bind hands and feet and what she was wrapped or secreted within has not been divulged:

The items used are readily identifiable as those being already onsite for use by the maintenance staff. I think GBI has already figured out where those items were obtained (maintenance shed or something) and matched them to the items found on or with Jorelys.

Not to take anything away from the horror of what happened to sweet little Jorelys.

Google, Lauren Giddings. She was murdered and then dismembered in June in Macon. She had just graduated from Law School and was preparing to take the bar exam. Horrible, horrible crime. My heart breaks for her parents, they have shown such grace and character.
icon9.gif

Oh, yes, there have definitely been other horrible murders. I was specifically looking for one that was similar...I think the poster I was responding to might have been wondering if RB really didn't do it or didn't do it alone, and if there were possibly a serial killer in the area. So I was looking for younger children, specifically girls. Sadly they are mostly missing with or killed by a family member. :(

I believe you have them all covered.
I could have sworn there was a girl around 12 that went missing around Hall county after putting her horse away a couple of months ago, but when I tried to research it, I couldn't find anything on her at all.

I was around 9 when Wayne Williams was busy in Atlanta. We lived near the airport in Mountain View before it was bought out by the city and I clearly remember the fear that all of the kids felt. My mom wouldn't even let me watch the news after so many had gone missing. It didn't matter that I was white and he only killed black kids. We all knew there was a monster on the loose and it was terrifying.

Me too, and ITA. Even though we were out in the 'burbs (Roswell), I remember the year Halloween was cancelled in our neighborhood out of sheer terror. The only good thing I can say about this case is that it seems like they got him quickly before he could kill anyone else.

Have you read Leaving Atlanta by Tayari Jones? Amazon.com: Leaving Atlanta: A Novel (9780446690898): Tayari Jones: Books She is a native about our age who did live in the area and knew one of the victims. Her novel (obviously based on some of her experiences) really struck a nerve.

I have one home now and one on the way home, still undecided...weather we attend or not, they have been very aware of the community care for sure. Both ELE and MS have been asking kids to wear pink and bring in donations for the fund set up by bank...we have huge flashing electronic traffic signs on the road directing traffic for shuttle parking and announcing her vigil and service times. It would be impossible for anyone in this community to be unaware. I guess at this point I am waiting to see what both kids say and hear my husband's opinion as well.

Confident you will make the right decision for you and your family, whatever that decision may be.

The vigil starts at 6pm tonight in a local park that is behind a local shopping center..thousands are expected. It is a huge park that has a mile long walking trail with open field inside the trail. There is also a public viewing at the funeral home that I believe starts at 5pm, and a public service at the funeral home tomorrow.

I can't believe there is actually going to be a viewing. How sad. What a somber time it will be.

<snipped from angelmom>

. . . but want to add that quite often the red flags are only truly obvious in hindsight.

THIS. I think this will explain the lack of criminal record. I truly believe this perp has harmed before, I just don't think he's ever been caught. At the time, the red flags may have been just niggling little thoughts or "hmmm" moments of people around him. But in hindsight, may add up to more when seen as a sum, rather than individual parts.

Glad to read this!!! instead of reading excuses for him.

FYI lime slows decomposition.

What was the temperature on those days?
--------------------
I have a close friend in ga.. i dont know the temps but she has said its been warm there. I can find out.:seeya:

If the witness did indeed see RB at the dumpster Sunday night, I am thinking it was not body disposal he was about, I think it more likely that Jorelys had already been disposed of and compacted within and RB was simply there to see if there was any visible sign that she was in there. Or could not help himself and had to go be "close" to her. Or the purported Sunday night dumpster visit was about disposing of other evidence, such as clothes, etc. As to why he would go back to a dumpster he had already previously dumped this sweetheart into. I think there are several possible explanations.

It is not my thinking that Jorelys was disposed of Sunday night.

A maintenance man looking in a dumpster is not going to set off my suspicions if I am a resident at the complex. Even a maintenance man with a flashlight. I would actually think it MORE suspicious if I saw someone out messing around the dumpsters in the darkness with no light. Seems more furtive that way. A maintenance man looking in a dumpster would make me think "doing his job" or "searching for that poor missing girl" not disposing of a body.

Did the tenant say what time he thinks he saw Ryan at the dumpster?

I wonder if Ryan was "on call" at the complex and worked irregular hours?

On RB's FB page, he said he worked weekends at his previous job but had them off at the complex. :santahat:

Did the tenant say what time he thinks he saw Ryan at the dumpster?

I wonder if Ryan was "on call" at the complex and worked irregular hours?

On RB's FB page, he said he worked weekends at his previous job but had them off at the complex. :santahat:

I have not seen anywhere that the witness has specified the time of this sighting. All I have seen is "night" and flashlight which indicates sometime after sunset. Sorry, wish I had more to offer.

FWIW I do not have a gun. I do have an alarm system and two doggies. I was always afraid I would shoot myself in the foot. But, as things seem to be getting worse I am thinking about getting one. Just thinking what would I do if the alarm went off and the intruder kept on coming in. My dogs are small so I really don't have any protection if my home was invaded. I also travel to visit my children and a gun would be a comfort driving long distances alone. As far as the tenants in the JB case I can understand their apprehension, but it could happen anywhere. Down here in Texas we have a huge problem with wild hogs. They are very invasive and very dangerous. My friend had one attack her car and caused some major damage. jmo
My son is a road surveyor in Texas. He's been out in a field surveying when a whole family of wild hogs came upon him. THEN it would have been nice for him to have a gun! lol

I, too, am afraid I'd shoot myself rather than a person (although I slept with a .357 beside my bed when I was young and single in Memfus).

Really need to get a huge can of mace, pepper spray, whatever (and before I do, I need to figure out if there's a difference in the two).

Guns around kids scare me. I've had several friends shot with "unloaded" guns, and it seems the more you do to keep something out of the hands of kids, the more determined they are to get their hands on it.

So pepper spray, baseball bat, bigger dawg it is for me (and I hope for anyone with kids as well).

--------------------
I have a close friend in ga.. i dont know the temps but she has said its been warm there. I can find out.:seeya:

If I rememeber correctly, it maybe got to 60 on Friday, low 40s at night. Saturday and Sunday slightly warmer, I think, getting to the mid 60s.

ETA: Oops! I see it actually got colder at night than I thought! 30s and 20s? Thanks tlcox!

My crazy theory is that the roommate was involved and flipped on RB. I have nothing to support that-- it's just an idea.

It would explain why he's gone and there's no BOLO, why his mom hasn't been heard from, and why RB was arrested so quickly and with such confidence.

Again, my own opinion.

Perhaps A not guilty plea will make this a "mammoth case" as quoted by Vernon Keenan, GBI director.
A not guilty plea is not what makes this a 'mammoth case'.
We're talking the GBI not the Keystone Cops.

Vernon Keenan, GBI director explained his comment in the same article you alluded to;

Keenan said Brunn, who has no known criminal record, had keys to both the empty apartment and the trash compactor bin where Rivera&#8217;s body was placed.

&#8220;We are confident that Brunn is the killer and that is why he is in custody,&#8221; Keenan said, declining to detail what evidence investigators have against him.
snip
&#8220;This is a mammoth case,&#8221; Keenan told reporters at a news conference in Canton. &#8220;We believe that this horrendous crime was planned and calculated, and we&#8217;ve recovered a lot of evidence.&#8221;

I do think the roommate has some vital knowledge on this case. I don't know that I can go so far as to say I think he was involved either before or after the fact, but I do believe he has intimate knowledge that he has relayed to LE and that has been very useful to them in connecting the dots to arrive at RB.

Whether that info was about RB's frame of mind, predilections, appearance and demeanor just after - I don't know. But I feel you are right that LE has spoken with the roommate and that the reason for his seeming absence now directly relates to this case and whatever he related to GBI.

My son is a road surveyor in Texas. He's been out in a field surveying when a whole family of wild hogs came upon him. THEN it would have been nice for him to have a gun! lol

I, too, am afraid I'd shoot myself rather than a person (although I slept with a .357 beside my bed when I was young and single in Memfus).

Really need to get a huge can of mace, pepper spray, whatever (and before I do, I need to figure out if there's a difference in the two).

Guns around kids scare me. I've had several friends shot with "unloaded" guns, and it seems the more you do to keep something out of the hands of kids, the more determined they are to get their hands on it.

So pepper spray, baseball bat, bigger dawg it is for me (and I hope for anyone with kids as well).

The hogs are not a problem here in the city, but in the areas of east and south Texas they are bad. There is even a reality show about it. They are trapped and shot and the meat is given to food banks etc. So they are serving a purpose I guess.

I was considering a .410 or something like that. I really can't stand hand guns. I hate to hold one in my hand. Don't know why, but they make me nauseous.

I do think the roommate has some vital knowledge on this case. I don't know that I can go so far as to say I think he was involved either before or after the fact, but I do believe he has intimate knowledge that he has relayed to LE and that has been very useful to them in connecting the dots to arrive at RB.

Whether that info was about RB's frame of mind, predilections, appearance and demeanor just after - I don't know. But I feel you are right that LE has spoken with the roommate and that the reason for his seeming absence now directly relates to this case and whatever he related to GBI.

I agree 100%. I have not even seen his name published. Has anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper